• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Praying in the Name

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
He was talking about John..

no, he was talking about Jesus' testimony. the angel later tells john not to worship him. to hold to the testimony of jesus and worship god. jesus was a witness to GOD. he wasn't a witness to himself.

this thread op was about being baptized/immersed in the name. some may have been physically but most have yet to do it spiritually, mentally.

Yes, you are absolutely right. This is being born again of the water just like Jesus said.

Now it is time to be born of again of the spirit. But I believe that is for another post?

no, he was talking about Jesus' testimony. the angel later tells john not to worship him. to hold to the testimony of jesus and worship god. jesus was a witness to GOD. he wasn't a witness to himself

Revelation 1:1 KJVS
The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: He gave the revalation to John.

Revelation 1:2 KJVS
Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

Who is the Word of God?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Yes, you are absolutely right. This is being born again of the water just like Jesus said.

Now it is time to be born of again of the spirit. But I believe that is for another post?

Revelation 1:1 KJVS
The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: He gave the revalation to John.

Revelation 1:2 KJVS
Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

Who is the Word of God?
everything came into being because the I AM said let there be and so it was. adam didn't create himself and neither did jesus.

even jesus was begotten in this way. jesus didn't say

genesis 1

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
Genesis 1:6
And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
Genesis 1:9
And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
Genesis 1:11
And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
Genesis 1:14
And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
Genesis 1:20
And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.
Genesis 1:24
And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
Genesis 1:26
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

everything came into being because the I AM said let there be and so it was. adam didn't create himself and neither did jesus

I agree with this. I like how you put in bold God said.

John 1:1-5,14 KJVS
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. [2] The same was in the beginning with God. [3] All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. [4] In him was life; and the life was the light of men. [5] And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. [14] And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

God became man, brother/sister. The creator became part of his creation. Oh the Love of God. This is how much he loves us brother/sister to know what it feels like to be human. And then die for us! What a great and mighty God we serve. Amazing. Feel like worshipping him now. Sorry. Lol.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I agree with this. I like how you put in bold God said.

John 1:1-5,14 KJVS
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. [2] The same was in the beginning with God. [3] All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. [4] In him was life; and the life was the light of men. [5] And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. [14] And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

God became man, brother/sister. The creator became part of his creation. Oh the Love of God. This is how much he loves us brother/sister to know what it feels like to be human. And then die for us! What a great and mighty God we serve. Amazing. Feel like worshipping him now. Sorry. Lol.

the word became flesh, became manifested. that again isn't exclusively jesus.

the word became flesh, became manifested. that again isn't exclusively jesus.

John 1:14-17 KJVS
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. [15] John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me. [16] And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. [17] For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

He was exclusively talking about Jesus Christ in this verse. No one else is called the Word of God. No one else is called God. There is only one God remember.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Revelation 1:8 KJVS
I am [____] Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
It would have been so easy for the copiest to take out a word there. "With".

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You have no understanding. Because if you did you would know Jesus is God Almighty. The bible says so.
Revelation 1:8 KJVS
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
Please offer something to us who do not believe in a perfect Bible so that we can be able to understand that it has not been tampered with and that Revelation doesn't say that Jesus is WITH [the] Alpha and WITH [the] Omega (which is something I believe).
Are you able to prove that Revelation 1:8 is saying that Jesus Christ IS [the] Alpha and [the] Omega?

Please offer something to us who do not believe in a perfect Bible so that we can be able to understand that it has not been tampered with and that Revelation doesn't say that Jesus is WITH [the] Alpha and WITH [the] Omega (which is something I believe).
Are you able to prove that Revelation 1:8 is saying that Jesus Christ IS [the] Alpha and [the] Omega?

Romans 10:17 KJVS
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

I can prove to you nothing.

If you really believe the bible has fault why beleive in it at all? Any and every belief can be taken out of the bible and can be denied.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
John 1:14-17 KJVS
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. [15] John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me. [16] And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. [17] For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

He was exclusively talking about Jesus Christ in this verse. No one else is called the Word of God. No one else is called God. There is only one God remember.
christ doesn't die, nor is born.

christ transcends a single person. jesus doesn't.

jesus wasn't in the beginning; nor was any such name given. jesus was begotten as adam but that doesn't make him the begetter, or the Uncreated Creator, doesn't make him the Unbegotten begetter. everything manifested resides within God and is God. the word "of" God again only makes the word as an aspect and not the ABSOLUTE.

of means away, or away from. the ABSOLUTE cannot go away from itself if it is everywhere.

fyi

God the Most High created the Light. God the Most High doesn't have a beginning, doesn't have an end, isn't here vs there, doesn't come vs goes anywhere because it's everywhere.

All things are possible with God. All things are not possible with Jesus.

if Jesus had come to only serve himself, he would have been cast down. what falls down must come back up

God doesn't make rules for some vs others. that would be a god who perverts justice

Jesus was not the creator of a new religion, but a messenger of the Sanatana Dharma, the Eternal Religion he had learned in India. The beginning of St. John’s Gospel is an exposition of the Christ (Ishwara) becoming incarnate in matter and his work therein by means of–and as–the Divine Word, Om. It is not about Jesus Christ except secondarily and symbolically, but it is literally about the Christ and is to be taken literally and not symbolically.

In the opening portion of the Gospel of John, the beginning verse is a paraphrase of the Vedic verse: “In the beginning was Prajapati. With him was the Word.” ( Prajapati vai idam agra asit. Tasya vak dvitiya asit. Krishna Yajurveda, Kathaka Samhita, 12.5, 27.1; Krishna Yajurveda, Kathakapisthala Samhita, 42.1; Jaiminiya Brahmana II, Sameveda, 2244.) Prajapati refers to God as Creator, and the entire verse is a discourse on Om–Pranava, the Word of Life–as a careful analysis will show.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The Word is not something that came into existence, that was “spoken” out of a primal Silence. Rather, at the very beginning of “things”–the inception of relative existence–the Word WAS. It is eternal. “The Word was with God” is an indication that the Word is inherent in God, is an essential part of Divine Being, and therefore IS God.

Last edited:

RoaringSilence

just an opinion,if you see jesus as body then that body isnt alpha beta or theta , if you see he is with alpha omega then its explained in hindu sources , that infinity -infinity = infinity ( infinity taken out form infinity =infinity) if someone see's him as alpha and omega then it means that he is like a wave of the ocean , where in ocean is all there is and wave is an expression of the ocean and its called a wave not the ocean. so either way you look at it ..wont make a difference in the divinity.

[Q
UOTE="Fool, post: 5246701, member: 59127"]christ doesn't die, nor is born.

christ transcends a single person. jesus doesn't.

jesus wasn't in the beginning; nor was any such name given. jesus was begotten as adam but that doesn't make him the begetter, or the Uncreated Creator, doesn't make him the Unbegotten begetter. everything manifested resides within God and is God. the word "of" God again only makes the word as an aspect and not the ABSOLUTE.

of means away, or away from. the ABSOLUTE cannot go away from itself if it is everywhere.[/QUOTE]

Yes, Jesus the man cannot do anything I agree, but he wasn't just man. Again he was the perfect example both man and God.
The creator became part of his creation.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The Word of God became flesh. And his name is Jesus Christ.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
[

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The Word of God became flesh. And his name is Jesus Christ.

the creator is a part of all of his creation; if it exists within him. that is the problem. there is not this God vs it's creation. Everything exists within the ABSOLUTE. nothing can exist apart from it. it tells you that in the gospel of John. no thing was made that wasn't made of it, from it. nothing can exist separate from god because it creates a duality of God vs this otherness. There is nothing apart from God. God is imminent and omnipresent in everything, everywhere, and at all times. You keep claiming its only present in Jesus. it isn't. Jesus was just another manifestation of God, I AM that i am tells you this explicitly. everything you see, hear, touch, smell, taste, love, hate, do, become is the I AM

the word I AM
became Light, on the first day
became heaven on the 2nd day
became earth on the 3rd day
became the greater light and lesser light on the 4th day
became the creatures of the waters and sky of earth on the 5th day
became the creatures of the land on the 6th day
on the 7th day she-he rested.

mankind was created on the 6th day

no where at that point was jesus created. Christ created those things. i am christ. jesus is christ. christ is ALL in all.

1 Corinthians 3:9
9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

this is why adam the man(singular) became a cultivator.

adam was the son of god but you don't worship him. God created adam and instilled his very spirit in adam.
melchizedek was the son of god but you don't worship him. he was called the King of righteousness, or King of Peace, King of Salem.
jesus referred to others as the sons of god but you don't worship them. in him they move and have their being. They too are the Most High's offspring.

strange that you worship jesus.. you have separated God from everything except Jesus.

freeing someone from enslavement is considered an act of love. it isn't an advocation for idolatry.

Last edited:

RoaringSilence

the creator is a part of all of his creation; if it exists within him. that is the problem. there is not this God vs it's creation. Everything exists within the ABSOLUTE. nothing can exist apart from it. it tells you that in the gospel of John. no thing was made that wasn't made of it, from it. nothing can exist separate from god because it creates a duality of God vs this otherness. There is nothing apart from God. God is imminent and omnipresent in everything, everywhere, and at all times. You keep claiming its only present in Jesus. it isn't. Jesus was just another manifestation of God, I AM that i am tells you this explicitly. everything you see, hear, touch, smell, taste, love, hate, do, become is the I AM

the word I AM

mankind was created on the 6th day

no where at that point was jesus created. Christ created those things. i am christ. jesus is christ. christ is ALL in all.

1 Corinthians 3:9
9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

this is why adam the man(singular) became a cultivator.

adam was the son of god but you don't worship him. God created adam and instilled his very spirit in adam.
melchizedek was the son of god but you don't worship him. he was called the King of righteousness, or King of Peace, King of Salem.
jesus referred to others as the sons of god but you don't worship them. in him they move and have their being. They too are the Most High's offspring.

strange that you worship jesus.. you have separated God from everything except Jesus.

freeing someone from enslavement is considered an act of love. it isn't an advocation for idolatry.
why does the prayer say ..OUR father who art in heaven . why not our uncle ,father of jesus in heaven.

it tells you that in the gospel of John. no thing was made that wasn't made of it, from it

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. The bible doesn't say made of it. It says made by him. Again only Adam and Eve received the breath everyone else was born.

There is nothing apart from God

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

If you are not born again(because you do not have the Holy Spirit) you are going to be apart from God and not going to make it.

the word I AM

Not biblical at all,

Genesis1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
He did not say "And God became light" He created light

It wasn't until later he was Jesus was created.

Thomas called him LORD and God. There is only one God remember. I worship Jesus because:

22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

It says to honor the son the same as you would honor the Father. If you don not honor the Son, You do not honor the Father. I worship the Son for the glory of the Father.

There is no image. John4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. The truth is the Word of God.

why does the prayer say ..OUR father who art in heaven . why not our uncle ,father of jesus in heaven.

Philippians2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Because he is our Father. We are his sons.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

did you mean this for me? or blessing?

Our Father means we all have one spiritual Father-Mother. I'm using the two genders because the ABSOLUTE is both male and female.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
how come god became jealous after 7th century , when he seems pretty chill with sharing honor.

because that isn't the ABSOLUTE/ALMIGHTY

the term Most High God isn't used until Melchizedek. It isn't always used because their are lesser deities that really view themselves as separate. God the Most High take ALL forms. the lesser gods take a form that is different from other gods; which projects the illusion of differences.

this is also why it is written.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

even the disciples were jealous of one another and some wish to be greater than another. only that which is servant to all can be greatest. to serve the ALL is to serve CHRIST; which is I AM that i am. you cannot serve jesus and ignore others as self because jesus said; "Whatever you do unto the least of these, you do unto me".

And He sat down, and called the twelve and said unto them, “If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all and servant of all.”

there are two types of beings on this planet. service to self; which is me, mine, tribalism, familialism.

the other is service to others as self. that is I AM that i am. that is what Jesus advocated.

only the Absolute can be service to self because there is no other to which service can be offered.

how come god became jealous after 7th century , when he seems pretty chill with sharing honor.

Isaiah42:8 I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

Isaiah59:16 And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him; and his righteousness, it sustained him. Here is talking about how all the men in the Old was not good enough to be our intercessor. so his own arm brought salvation which is talking about he will become man. and be the intercessor. This sustained him. So God became man. And became our intercessor.

17 For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloke.

18 According to their deeds, accordingly he will repay, fury to his adversaries, recompence to his enemies; to the islands he will repay recompence.