• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Praying in the Name

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Strong's Definition
From κῦρος kuros (supremacy);
supreme in authority that is (as noun) controller; by implication Mr . (as a respectful title): - God Lord master Sir.

boss if you like. either way it doesn't advocate idolatry.

it is not good if you do not walk in the Way and become a flatterer and never realize Christ for self.. The road to hell is wide but the Way is narrow, neither to the left nor the right but straight down the middle.

Followers of the Way, if you want insight into the Law(Dharma) as is, just don't be taken in by the deluded views of others. Whatever you encounter, either within or without, slay it at once: on meeting a christ(buddha) slay the christ(buddha), on meeting a patriarch slay the patriarch, on meeting an righteous(arhat) man slay the righteous(arhat), on meeting your parents slay your parents, on meeting your kinsman slay your kinsman, and you attain emancipation. By not cleaving to things, you freely pass through.

If you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him!
If you meet the patriarchs or the arhats on your way, kill them too...
Bodhidharma was an old bearded barbarian...
Nirvana and Bodhi are dead stumps to tie your donkey to.
The sacred teachings are only lists of ghosts, sheets of paper fit for wiping the pus from your boils.

in buddhism the name is Neti, Neti

Last edited:
Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

Now I beseech you, brethren, by the Name of names and of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

This was a letter to the corin church. They were believers in Christ Jesus. Hence why he said were you not all baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.

Matthew 25:32-33 KJVS
And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: [33] And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

You haven't been baptized.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
This was a letter to the corin church. They were believers in Christ Jesus. Hence why he said were you not all baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.

And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: [33] And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

"Everything they do is done for people to see: They make their phylacteries wide and the tassels on their garments long;

RoaringSilence

boss if you like. either way it doesn't advocate idolatry.

it is not good if you do not walk in the Way and become a flatterer and never realize Christ for self.. The road to hell is wide but the Way is narrow, neither to the left nor the right but straight down the middle.

Followers of the Way, if you want insight into the Law(Dharma) as is, just don't be taken in by the deluded views of others. Whatever you encounter, either within or without, slay it at once: on meeting a christ(buddha) slay the christ(buddha), on meeting a patriarch slay the patriarch, on meeting an righteous(arhat) man slay the righteous(arhat), on meeting your parents slay your parents, on meeting your kinsman slay your kinsman, and you attain emancipation. By not cleaving to things, you freely pass through.

If you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him!
If you meet the patriarchs or the arhats on your way, kill them too...
Bodhidharma was an old bearded barbarian...
Nirvana and Bodhi are dead stumps to tie your donkey to.
The sacred teachings are only lists of ghosts, sheets of paper fit for wiping the pus from your boils.

in buddhism the name is Neti, Neti
why are you polarizing yourself, this was supposed to be about "the name". if you need some coolant i can recom.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

so the left are service to self, those who practice familialism, or tribalism, like the richman vs lazarus the beggar.

the right, and i'm not speaking of a political group, are service to others as self, those who base relationships on actions, like those who recognize the All in all.

won't matter if anyone has been physically baptized. won't matter if they call themselves this or that, wolves come in sheep's clothing. for them its about portraying an image, in order to capitalize on something, or to get something. quid pro quo. becoming a christian, or anything for that matter, doesn't get you into heaven. with what we sow, it is meted to us.

namaste

Last edited:
so the left are service to self, those who practice familialism, or tribalism, like the richman vs lazarus the beggar.

the right, and i'm not speaking of a political group, are service to others as self, those who base relationships on actions, like those who recognize the All in all.

won't matter if anyone has been physically baptized. won't matter if they call themselves this or that, wolves come in sheep's clothing. for them its about portraying an image, in order to capitalize on something, or to get something. quid pro quo. becoming a christian, or anything for that matter, doesn't get you into heaven. with what we sow, it is meted to us.

namaste

That's just what you think.

Mark 16:16 KJVS
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

The Christ is talking. You don't even believe the Christ. Let alone the bible. You accept words here and there but refuse words there and here.

So do you believe the bible is flawed?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
That's just what you think.

Mark 16:16 KJVS
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

The Christ is talking. You don't even believe the Christ. Let alone the bible. You accept words here and there but refuse words there and here.

So do you believe the bible is flawed?

Jesus didn't baptize with water; nor did his disciples. He did baptize in the name.. He constantly refers to the name.

are you a disciple of John the Baptist?

Last edited:
Jesus didn't baptize with water; nor did his disciples.

are you a disciple of John the Baptist?

Doesn't matter he still said do it. Is it okay to not listen to the Christ?

I'm a disciple of Christ.

Romans 6:7-8 KJVS
For he that is dead is freed from sin. [8] Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

Do you agree we should be dead to be freed? And if you do it's with Christ. And if you agree how can we dead with Christ?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Doesn't matter he still said do it. Is it okay to not listen to the Christ?

I'm a disciple of Christ.

Romans 6:7-8 KJVS
For he that is dead is freed from sin. [8] Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

Do you agree we should be dead to be freed? And if you do it's with Christ. And if you agree how can we dead with Christ?

it doesn't say water for a reason. you can be baptized in many things, not excluding water.

baptize

christ isn't dead and life is eternal, or everlasting. the dead are the spiritually dead, or the people born from below.

i'm not a huge fan of paul's either.

That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

it doesn't say water for a reason. you can be baptized in many things, not excluding water.

Acts 8:36 KJVS
And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

Matthew 3:16 KJVS
And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

John 3:5 KJVS
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

i'm not a huge fan of paul's either.

Yeah, you're really not a fan of the bible. It's okay. Be blessed.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Acts 8:36 KJVS
And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

Matthew 3:16 KJVS
And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

John 3:5 KJVS
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Yeah, you're really not a fan of the bible. It's okay. Be blessed.

jesus came back to return something lost. and no i don't practice bibliolatry either.

the following is the true baptism

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

the baptism

17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: 18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

Last edited:
17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: 18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy

Wait, you agree with this?

You just contradicted yourself. You said earlier everyone has the Spirit all ready.

Funny how you agree with the Spirit baptism but not the water.
You just keep proving how you like to use whatever you like in the bible.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Wait, you agree with this?

You just contradicted yourself. You said earlier everyone has the Spirit all ready.

Funny how you agree with the Spirit baptism but not the water.
You just keep proving how you like to use whatever you like in the bible.

everyone is born of the spirit. not everyone "believes" they are born of the spirit. they who don't believe they were born of the Spirit believe they were born only from below.

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Okay. It's clear you pick and choose what you want to believe. Nothing I say is going to matter. I'm done, thanks for the chat.

everyone picks and chooses based on their level of experience and maturity.

literalism and fundamentalism isn't unique to christianity. people of limited socialization, education, and travel in all cultures are fundamentalist and literalist in their beliefs.

that is why christianity alone has 40000+ denominations.

there is what is called the outer circle, or those who follow the dead letter of the word. those are the exoterics. these would be the pharisees, sadducees, and common people in judaims at the time of Jesus. then there is the esoteric type, which follow the hidden, or inner circle understanding. these were the prophets that were persecuted throughout the ages because they didn't advocate the dead letter of the Law. They were called the sons of God.

And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Last edited: