• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prayers please for Kendrick Castillo Charged Colorado School Shooter & Saved Lives Giving His Own

FragrantGrace

If winning isn't everything why do they keep score
There were two shooters at the STEM school in Colorado.

One shooter entered into the classroom and was starting to command students to get into positions so he could shoot them. Kendrick and another boy chased the shooters out into the hall. Kendrick was first, front and center when the shooter shot him as Kendrick tackled the shooter to the floor. Kendrick's friend, a Marine recruit, and a couple of others were behind him and also tackled the shooter. Together they stopped that one assailant from taking more lives. Kendrick died.

Kendrick aspired to be an engineer.

Reporting Video Kendrick Castillo - 18 years old and days from graduating

Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for his friends. :( Rest in peace dear Kendrick. You are a hero. God love you.
animated-praying-smiley-image-0008.gif

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member

One shooter entered into the classroom and was starting to command students to get into positions so he could shoot them. Kendrick and another boy chased the shooters out into the hall. Kendrick was first, front and center when the shooter shot him as Kendrick tackled the shooter to the floor. Kendrick's friend, a Marine recruit, and a couple of others were behind him and also tackled the shooter. Together they stopped that one assailant from taking more lives. Kendrick died.

Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for his friends. :( Rest in peace dear Kendrick. You are a hero. God love you.

A true hero.

People like him are few and far between. Especially these days.

FragrantGrace

If winning isn't everything why do they keep score
A true hero.

People like him are few and far between. Especially these days.
So true.
This is Kendrick.
Screen-Shot-2019-05-08-at-11.21.55-AM.png

Well before this tragedy it is reported that Kendrick's dad said to him, if a school shooting breaks out in school, the Highlands Park Colorado STEM school, don't be a hero son.
Kendrick reportedly replied to his dad, but that's the way you raised me dad.

When I heard about this I cried. So many people run from trouble. Kendrick and his companions ran toward trouble. And trouble that was armed and pulled the trigger when Kendrick was in front leading the charge. Shots to the chest. But Kendrick still took the guy down, along with his buddies who fully subdued the suspect.

God rest all who were lost to this horrific violence. God be with everyone who mourns the loss of innocent lives.
I also hope God helps the shooters family through this.
Can you imagine? Getting the call, not that your child was shot, but that your child was the shooter.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Well before this tragedy it is reported that Kendrick's dad said to him, if a school shooting breaks out in school, the Highlands Park Colorado STEM school, don't be a hero son.
Kendrick reportedly replied to his dad, but that's the way you raised me dad.

When I heard about this I cried.

That brings tears to my eyes as well.

I can't imagine how bad his family is hurting right now. He sounds like a special kind of person. You know the kind you only get to meet like once in your lifetime, if you are lucky.

You know that kind of bravery is under rated. As a 41 year old man I'd like to think I run towards a shooter vs hiding. But the fact is you never know what you are made of until you are in that situation. I've seen the biggest, baddest, meanest self proclaimed god amongst men tremble like a chihuahua when met with confrontation, and the meekest of skinny nerds stand and fight in his place.

I know they hurt, but I hope they are proud. They raised a hero and that's much more than just a man.

whirlingmerc

Wow... that's impressive... I will pray. So sorry he was hurt but inspiring what he did.