• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prayers needed!

leibowde84

Veteran Member
That Our Creator may forgive our sins of the past and future.
If he is omnipresent and omnipotent, God must know what we are going to do. And, seeing how he created us even with this knowledge, I must assume that he will be open to forgiveness. If not, creating us would have been kind of mean.

arthra

Baha'i
0 Lord, I have come unto Thee with that sin that was heavier than all that is in the heavens and the earth and greater than the creation of all existence, until I have stood before the gate of Thy House, from which no sinner hath been turned away disappointed;

I have bowed myself down upon its dust, humbling myself before Thy beauty, abasing myself before Thy sovereignty, and making myself as nothing in Thy presence.

0 Lord, have mercy on me through Thy compassion and graciousness and ordain, then, for me a seat of truth by Thy side.

Make me, then, one of Thy servants that have turned in repentance unto Thee.

0 Lord, forgive me my sins and my transgressions and all that my hands have committed. Thou, verily, art the Mighty, the Generous."

~ Baha'u'llah

(Provisional Translations, Surah-i-Hajj (Part 2))

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
There sure are a lot of people who need forgiveness, especially for what I am seeing across the world today.

God and light are my friend. Sometimes I ask a friend to forgive me if I did something to hurt my friend(s) or ignore having quality time in our friendship, same with the Gods, I might pray for forgiveness but that is almost always in context that I may have hurt our friendship or have been too much of a loner, or haven't had a good laugh with the Divine in a while.

But mostly, I sing devotionals, offer incense and flowers, not so much praying, and hardly ever for "forgivrness", but rather just for the sheer joy of devotionals.

But I will thruw in a prayer for the world, no problem and glad to do it. Not really going to pray for myself, have I done some crazy things in life, perhaps even violence? Sort of, but the reason I pray for the world if asked, but not so much for myself is, well, I am sort of like an 8 year old angel. Do you believe in fairies? If so, clap! Clap, clap, bring Tinkedbell back!

That's me - I clap. So my prayer is to clap my hands. I clap - to bring Tinkerbell back. That would help the world a lot. A fine clap can have spiritual power. Let us bring The Tinkerbell back in The World. And the world also needs some rascals.

By the way. Peter Pan carries a knife.

Last edited: