• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prayers for lives lost in San Diego Synagogue terror attack

FragrantGrace

If winning isn't everything why do they keep score
God's mercy embrace the soul of Lori Gilbert Kaye who died shielding her Rabbi. And may God comfort all who mourn and are still affected by this horror.
And also may God give strength to them and to the family of the shooter, not to be named here, that they endure the trials and travails that face their son and brother.

Amen.

Altfish

Veteran Member
And may the lawmakers do something constructive to reduce the number of times such incidents occur.

FragrantGrace

And may the lawmakers do something constructive to reduce the number of times such incidents occur.
God knows, we cannot legislate morality nor sanity. Guns aren't the issue. The heart and mind are. The first murder in recorded history occurred using a rock as the lethal weapon. God, you know that too.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
God's mercy embrace the soul of Lori Gilbert Kaye who died shielding her Rabbi. And may God comfort all who mourn and are still affected by this horror.
And also may God give strength to them and to the family of the shooter, not to be named here, that they endure the trials and travails that face their son and brother.

Amen.
Amen.

Altfish

Veteran Member
God knows, we cannot legislate morality nor sanity. Guns aren't the issue. The heart and mind are. The first murder in recorded history occurred using a rock as the lethal weapon. God, you know that too.
I never mentioned that guns are the issue, although I certainly believe that their availability is part of the issue.
Yes, other weapons can be used; in the UK we have a problem with knife crime; we approach it by trying to restrict their use/availability and have stop and search. We don't say, "Knives aren't the issue"

Last edited:

dianaiad

I never mentioned that guns are the issue, although I certainly believe that their availability is part of the issue.
Yes, other weapons can be used; in the UK we have a problem with knife crime; we approach it by trying to restrict their use/availability and have stop and search. We don't say, "Knives aren't the issue"

No.

.....and your problem with knife crime is the proof that the weapon used is not the issue. Take away guns....and those who want to kill will use knives. Take away knives, and those who want to kill will use stones, or poison, or something else. There is always a 'something else.'

FragrantGrace

I followed the derail that insinuated itself into this thread early on. That was wrong. Let us please keep to prayers for those impacted by terrorism in not only the San Diego synagogue but in all churches and synagogues across the globe.

Lives irretrievably lost to hate and ignorance and intolerance is a travesty that reverberates across time for all the generations that succumb to murderous acts.

Altfish

Veteran Member
No.

.....and your problem with knife crime is the proof that the weapon used is not the issue. Take away guns....and those who want to kill will use knives. Take away knives, and those who want to kill will use stones, or poison, or something else. There is always a 'something else.'
We must agree to disagree.