• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prayers for 97 yr. old Grandma

½ Sane

"I'm a mess"
Hi Good People,

It's been a long time since I posted here. I visit occasionally but my life became so busy with planning my future and all those other things that I seldom have time to get online anymore. All these things are good and have enriched my being tremendously so I've no complaints.

The reason I've visited tonight is because of my spirituality. I have faith that powers greater then me are in control and most of us share this belief therefore I have a request.

I've a 97 year old grandmother in need of the reason we're gathered here. She's weakened simply from old age and in her last days in this life. Her mind is confused and she's talking to family and friends that have gone before her. My belief is she's actually seeing them and yes talking to them. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that but she's also worried about us remaining here.

I've comforted her, prayed with her and have tried to tell her it's OK to go to the other side. I've told her everyone is going to be OK here and not to worry, but she seems to be caught in limbo. She's told me she wants to go, but something is holding her from leaving. In prayer I asked why and received a message " She's being cleansed." Simple as that, and that's OK with me but other family members are taking seeing the condition she's in very hard.

What I'm asking is, you all have your own way of helping others out with what you do best. I don't actually know what I'm asking you to do other then, my grandmother needs peace of mind and guidance in getting to the next life. I've tried and I believe in the power of masses gathering together for a cause.

Please, I'm asking you to do what you do best to help her and the family. My grandmothers name is X. Her maiden name is X

"Thank You and I wish you all love, peace and happiness. " ………. Ramon

edit: My Grandma passed today and I edited out her name in this thread for security purposes. "Thanks Everyone"……. Ramon

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
I'll keep her in my prayers. I'm sure at 97 she has lived an amazing life with many adventures and stories that she has shared over the years.

My grandmother turned 93 back in May, and is pretty good health despite a few challenges. Every time my phone rings and it's my parents, I do take a deep breath before I answer. She lives in another state, but I try to visit her as often as possible.:162:

Todd

Rajun Cajun
Sounds like she had a long and great life. I'll keep her in my prayers also.

It's very interesting to see people in there last days. Typically there is a spiritual presence that is beyond our understanding. Anyway, I hope for the best for your family and friends during this time.

½ Sane

"I'm a mess"
"Thanks kind people." I know others are praying that didn’t respond, so thanks to everyone. Yes, she's lived a good long life and is an inspiration to me on so many different levels. I grew up with her in our home for a large part of my life. She's a proud woman with dignity. She's a legend!

Todd, it is interesting to see and absorb the spiritual presence about her in these last days. Today was a blessing indeed. I hadn't planned on visiting her in the continuum care home she's at, because I knew she had other visitors coming. When I woke up this morning I could smell her. I know, it sounds strange but its true.

The interesting part about the cleansing I know is going on is, her teeth have rotted and she's had a slightly offensive odor to her body the last few months. Since she's taken this drastic turn in her health and since I've received the cleansing message, her breath is odorless and her skin smells like a child. I woke today to smelling that child scent.

I still didn’t plan on visiting and after waking my power went out for about 5 hours. I use an electric shaver so I couldn’t shave (No way I'm going looking like that LOL) Anyway, I got important things done and the power returned. I then felt an overwhelming feeling to see her, so I readied and went. No one was there until my parents and sister showed up.

We woke her for the pureed dinner tray which she wouldn’t eat and then the most beautiful thing happened. She's started calling out to people that have passed before her again. In the last few weeks everyone treats her like she's going crazy when she calls out like this. I on the other hand believe she's seeing them. I snuggled up to her and in a comforting moment I asked if she wanted to pray with me. Her head signaled yes, and the experience unfolded into something that comforted both of us.

The odd part is, no one else in the room had any idea of what was going on. It was like they we're separated from what my Grandmother and I we're experiencing together. Showing spirituality is sort of a taboo thing in my family, so maybe you understand what I'm saying. Well, the overwhelming desire to see Grandma today had a purpose. I finally feel complete. Powers greater then us both, brought us together in the most beautiful way I've ever experienced with my Grandmother.:162:

When she said softly and everyone in the room heard it "Jesus saves," I cried and laughed at the same time. I gave her a big hug, turned around to see others reactions and saw they missed the moment completely. It went right over their heads. They left and I sat with her for a few more hours in peace. My Grandmother and I have a beautiful glow about us today, and I truly believe in part it was due to your prayers.

"Thank You All So Much." :group: ……… Ramon

Reactions: FFH