• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prayer

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
It has been years since I tried a prayer, so I'll see if I can get this right:

Lord, thank you for the times you have tried to reach out to me and I didn't understand. Thank you for Jesus, Krishna, and many others. I ask that you guide me away from homosexuality, gender dysphoria, fascination with Spiritualism, etc. That I be fair even when presenting my opinions favorable or unfavorable of Trump, such that I may vote for or against him in the Election for the good of the country. Amen.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
One of my favourite Baha’i prayers reads:

O God! Refresh and gladden my spirit. Purify my heart. Illumine my powers. I lay all my affairs in Thy hand. Thou art my Guide and my Refuge. I will no longer be sorrowful and grieved; I will be a happy and joyful being. O God! I will no longer be full of anxiety, nor will I let trouble harass me. I will not dwell on the unpleasant things of life.
O God! Thou art more friend to me than I am to myself. I dedicate myself to Thee, O Lord.

Bahá'í Reference Library - Bahá’í Prayers: A Selection of Prayers Revealed by Bahá’u’lláh, the Báb, and ‘Abdu’l-Bahá, Page 152