• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prayer vs ????

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
My friend group mentions they will pray when another friend is having a problem, etc, but I don't pray. They are of different faiths, and I don't know if they are sincerely praying or just saying it to be nice, but I feel like the only one who doesn't. It's awkward because I don't know what to say to the person having the problem, etc. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Heyo

Veteran Member
My friend group mentions they will pray when another friend is having a problem, etc, but I don't pray. They are of different faiths, and I don't know if they are sincerely praying or just saying it to be nice. I feel like the only one who doesn't and it's awkward because I don't know what to say to the person having the problem, etc. Any suggestions?
you-pray-for-me-ill-think-for-you-6930006.png

Gargovic Malkav

I think it's silly to pray when you don't believe in the power of prayer.
Maybe you can just tell that person you hope(which for some is the same thing as prayer) things will get better if you want to express your considerate side?

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
My friend group mentions they will pray when another friend is having a problem, etc, but I don't pray. They are of different faiths, and I don't know if they are sincerely praying or just saying it to be nice. I feel like the only one who doesn't and it's awkward because I don't know what to say to the person having the problem, etc. Any suggestions?
If you feel you have to say something, you could just tell them you have been thinking positive thoughts for them.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
My friend group mentions they will pray when another friend is having a problem, etc, but I don't pray. They are of different faiths, and I don't know if they are sincerely praying or just saying it to be nice, but I feel like the only one who doesn't. It's awkward because I don't know what to say to the person having the problem, etc. Any suggestions?

I'm thinking of you..

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member

"I will make a donation in your name to the charity of your choice?" :p Sorry.

As someone who is unaware of what your spirituality is like, the best and serious thing that I can think of is to offer your ear or presence to the person who is having a problem. Hope that helps!