• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prayer to free Rita

exchemist

Veteran Member
May we please ask Saints in spirit life to practice spiritually oneness & go further so they can free Rita who must be forgiven for a petty crime

May we please pray to all saints in spirit free Rita and cut her sentence in the coming years.

I do not find this forgiving and know we can request in prayer will cut the sentence of this woman.
Killing a person is never a petty crime. I am not joining you in your prayer without knowing a lot more about this case. In fact, my starting point is that the people who know the most about it are the jury which convicted her and the judge who sentenced her.

If she and her legal advisers are not happy with the verdict or the sentence, they can presumably appeal.

Heyo

Veteran Member
My bad... ex husband
It's important. I think that is the reason why her layers didn't claim "beaten wife syndrome". She already got away from him. And if the relationship was abusive, there was no rational reason to visit him besides premeditated murder.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's important. I think that is the reason why her layers didn't claim "beaten wife syndrome". She already got away from him. And if the relationship was abusive, there was no rational reason to visit him besides premeditated murder.

Makes sense to me. Pretty sure the jury made the right call given the evidence

airbee

Killing a person is never a petty crime. I am not joining you in your prayer without knowing a lot more about this case. In fact, my starting point is that the people who know the most about it are the jury which convicted her and the judge who sentenced her.

If she and her legal advisers are not happy with the verdict or the sentence, they can presumably appeal.
Well lets pray to stop these junk crimes to stop.
Either that or Berserkers Church praying

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I read your link. I'm unclear of the evidence that the man was evil. She states he beat her and cut her moments before she managed to grab the knife and stab him back. We have no evidence (based on the article) of who actually started the fight nor prior evidence of tensions between the two (other than the brother stating that she seemingly often used violent language). Perhaps I missed something in there?
There's so little info that its hard to see who the bad person is. I can't picture a jury missing important facts that would validate and lead to a justifiable homicide or mental insanity conviction , instead they found her guilty of straight murder which is telling that this woman was not as stellar in her defense.

Of course there is an appeals process.