• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prayer to free Rita

airbee

May we please ask Saints to go further so they can free Rita who must be forgiven for a petty crime

May we please pray to all saints and ask to free Rita and cut her sentence in the coming years.
There's a circus show being made of sexual assaults and forgiveness, DOES THAT HAPPEN IN Germany? No. So Free everyone NOW !

I do not find this forgiving and know we can request in prayer will cut the sentence of this woman.

Last edited:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
May we please ask Saints in spirit life to practice spiritually oneness & go further so they can free Rita who must be forgiven for a petty crime

May we please pray to all saints in spirit free Rita and cut her sentence in the coming years.

I do not find this forgiving and know we can request in prayer will cut the sentence of this woman.
Why?

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
May we please ask Saints in spirit life to practice spiritually oneness & go further so they can free Rita who must be forgiven for a petty crime

May we please pray to all saints in spirit free Rita and cut her sentence in the coming years.

She was found guilty of murdering her ex-husband.....

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
(Below is just my opinion)
I can't believe a woman will stab her ex husband because he always was like a saint to her.

So, my first thought was "what did he do to her that make her go crazy and kill him?". Sometimes men behave horrible, and abuse their wives a lot. When an abused wife kills this man finally, I won't judge the woman for doing that. I would also not judge a woman who is being raped and kills the rapist. I call it "self created karma". I would never be a good judge in the Western World.

So, I googled and found an article giving some background info. Makes sense to me. Poor woman just killed an evil man. I don't say killing is good, but in this case I understand why she did it. I did not want to join the army, but I also don't judge others when they kill in war; when they rape women in war, this again is very bad karma.

Rita O'Driscoll (48) convicted of murder of former husband Timothy 'Timmy' Foley (44) after stabbing him 28 times

Last edited:

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
I can't believe a woman will stab her ex husband because he always was like a saint to her.

So, my first thought was "what did he do to her that make her go crazy and kill him?". Sometimes men behave horrible, and abuse their wives a lot. When an abused wife kills this man finally, I won't judge the woman for doing that. I would also not judge a woman who is being raped and kills the rapist. I call it "self created karma". I would never be a good judge in the Western World.

So, I googled and found an article giving some background info. Makes sense to me. Poor woman just killed an evil man. I don't say killing is good, but in this case I understand why she did it. I did not want to join the army, but I also don't judge others when they kill in war; when they rape women in war, this again is very bad karma.

Rita O'Driscoll (48) convicted of murder of former husband Timothy 'Timmy' Foley (44) after stabbing him 28 times
I read your link. I'm unclear of the evidence that the man was evil. She states he beat her and cut her moments before she managed to grab the knife and stab him back. We have no evidence (based on the article) of who actually started the fight nor prior evidence of tensions between the two (other than the brother stating that she seemingly often used violent language). Perhaps I missed something in there?

HonestJoe

What if a man stabs his ex-wife? Are you suggesting that a domestic murder victim (or a male one at least) can never be an entirely innocent party?

So, I googled and found an article giving some background info. Makes sense to me. Poor woman just killed an evil man.
That's a very one-side reading of the limited information available. I found other articles referring to negative evidence against her too but nothing that gave all of the relevant details. The jury will have heard all of the relevant details and they unanimously found her guilty. I don't see any concrete reason to question their conclusion.

stvdv

I read your link. I'm unclear of the evidence that the man was evil. She states he beat her and cut her moments before she managed to grab the knife and stab him back. We have no evidence (based on the article) of who actually started the fight nor prior evidence of tensions between the two (other than the brother stating that she seemingly often used violent language). Perhaps I missed something in there?
No, I think you did not miss anything. I did not see it either. But my gut feeling tells me, there is more to the story than she just killing him.

In the link of the OP, the final line also gave a clue, I think:
After the case ended Breda O'Driscoll, sister of Rita, said there was "no justice for victims of domestic violence".

Last edited:

Goddess Kit

Clearly, some people have never heard of the show on the Oxygen channel called Snapped. It's a show devoted to women who kill, primarily it's their husbands.

stvdv

What if a man stabs his ex-wife? Are you suggesting that a domestic murder victim (or a male one at least) can never be an entirely innocent party?
Now you understand, why I never married

The jury will have heard all of the relevant details and they unanimously found her guilty. I don't see any concrete reason to question their conclusion.
Of course, in our justice system she is guilty, as she killed him. I just think that he was not innocent; gut feeling, can be wrong of course.

Last edited:

Heyo

Veteran Member
She seems pretty guilty to me. I'll accept prayers for her to remain in prison.

#Snapped
From what I read she doesn't seem to be guilty. She seems to be incapable of guilt due to mental illness/low IQ. She should be in a closed mental institution.

stvdv

From what I read she doesn't seem to be guilty. She seems to be incapable of guilt due to mental illness/low IQ. She should be in a closed mental institution.
Could be, but need not even be the case. We need to know if she got an early youth traumatic experience before age 4 or 7, Usually those can't be cured easily, hence the mental institution option when they are a danger to themselves/others. But if the man was the culprit and she just a victim who snapped due to decades of belittling/violence then she can be cured and mental institution would not be good IMO.

But anyway she killed someone, so she went too far, and has to face punishment. Even if he was the bad guy. Difficult cases always.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

She has been found guilty of murder, stabbing her husband 28 times, that is serious frenzy that has no doubt been taken into account. I see nothing about mitigating circumstances. Until repeated domestic violence is shown against her, only then is there grounds for appeal. Such mitigation does not appear to have been presented at her trial so it is highly likely it does not exist. Seems to me like a fair verdict, in line with the laws of Ireland

BTW. Frenzied murder is not a petty crime

stvdv

Such mitigation does not appear to have been presented at her trial so it is highly likely it does not exist.
My father is narcissistic ... doctors told me it was emotional rape what he did to me. He is was the narc that looked perfect to the rest of the world, just I was the victim. Such cases are hard to prove, I know from experience.

So, I don't call it "highly likely it does not exist". I might say "highly likely it will not be possible to prove"

Heyo

Veteran Member
She has been found guilty of murder, stabbing her husband 28 times,
He wasn't her husband, he was her ex-husband and she visited him.
If there was repeat domestic violence the only thing I see as mitigating is her mental illness.

ChristineM

Premium Member
My father is narcissistic ... doctors told me it was emotional rape what he did to me. He is was the narc that looked perfect to the rest of the world, just I was the victim. Such cases are hard to prove, I know from experience.

So, I don't call it "highly likely it does not exist". I might say "highly likely it will not be possible to prove"

Not in the trial as far as i can see, do you really think defense lawyers would omit such evidence ???

ChristineM

Premium Member
He wasn't her husband, he was her ex-husband and she visited him.
If there was repeat domestic violence the only thing I see as mitigating is her mental illness.

My bad... ex husband

stvdv

do you really think defense lawyers would omit such evidence ???
Exactly. Atrocities have been done before without leaving any evidence. No evidence does not mean no foul play.

But as I said, I am glad I am not a judge. Would be horrible for me to tell others they are guilty, when I am not 100% sure she is the only guilty one.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Exactly. Atrocities have been done before without leaving any evidence. No evidence does not mean no foul play.

But as I said, I am glad I am not a judge. Would be horrible for me to tell others they are guilty, when I am not 100% sure she is the only guilty one.

:shrug:

So you think juries should ignore evidence and convict by maybe?

stvdv

:shrug:

So you think juries should ignore evidence and convict by maybe?

No.

Juries should do their job. BUT I am glad I don't have to do their job.
I do believe in Karma, so in the end it always evens out
So, believing in this, I maybe could be a good judge
(never thought about it this way before, though)