• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

prayer needed

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I pray that you...

Take care of your body: Eat healthy food ( fresh fruits and veggies ).
Take care of your mind: Give yourself plenty of opportunity to sleep.
Take care of your soul: Spend time reading Psalms.

Many blessings to you and yours Frank Goad,

Samael_Khan

Goosebender

I can relate. My mind tends to be ADHD-ish so I I used to tend to trail off and or all of a sudden lose my concentration and forget what I said.

My advice: what has helped me is getting enough mental rest and exercising my brain like one exercises their muscles.

- Prayer certainly helps, but not for the obvious reason only. Praying also helps a person to concentrate on their thoughts. So pray more and you will concentrate more.

- Read a lot, but not to the point that your brain gets tired. It is good exercise and will help you retain info more. Since you are religious read the bible more. The cool thing about the bible is that it cross references itself so it helps one to make links which aids memory.

- Sleep early, eat certain foods that promote brain health, exercise and rest your brain when it is getting too much.

- There are also ways of thinking that prevents us from having a healthy brain IMO. So double think, negative feelings of guilt, cognitive dissonance and such things, which are prevalent in many religions actually cause mental problems. So don't be indoctrinated. Be true to yourself. Be honest. And don't accept ideas that don't make sense to you. You will constantly be at conflict with your own thoughts.

The above has helped me a lot. Hopefully it helps you too. But also do research.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
And you think a public forum is a place to air all your woes without expecting some blow back?

A public forum is a good place for such a thing because the community can help and there are people with a wide variety of experiences who might give good advice.

What do you hope to achieve by even saying such a thing to a person? What is the point of giving people blow back when they are requesting help about problems?

That comment you made says more about the negative aspects of your character than achieving anything remotely constructive.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
A public forum is a good place for such a thing because the community can help and there are people with a wide variety of experiences who might give good advice.

What do you hope to achieve by even saying such a thing to a person? What is the point of giving people blow back when they are requesting help about problems?

That comment you made says more about the negative aspects of your character than achieving anything remotely constructive.

And then you have *** like me who really don't care what you think.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Just for reference. Did I even try to change your judgmental perception of me? Or defend my position?

Yes, with this question:

"And you think a public forum is a place to air all your woes without expecting some blow back?"

Plus there has to be motivation on your part for replying to me. And with the above questions you are also attempting to make me think about my position.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Yes, with this question:

"And you think a public forum is a place to air all your woes without expecting some blow back?"

Plus there has to be motivation on your part for replying to me. And with the above questions you are also attempting to make me think about my position.

Hmmmm...

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
Can you pray for my memory problems?:(I think I asked this once.But my memory problems got worse.:(
Have you ever been diagnosed with either learning disabilities or other mental challenges? If so, it might help forum members to know what they are so to be better able to interact with you here on the forum.

I wish you well. Prayer is all well and good, but just as important is the possible assistance from mental health professionals.