• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prayer and selfabuse does it brainwash you?

We Never Know

No Slack
My 2 year old loves monster trucks, too... I hope you both had fun. :)
Thats cool. We had a blast. There was one set up with seats in the bed to take people for rides. He wanted to go. I bought us tickets for $40. When it got our turn and we walked up to the ladder/steps to climb up to get in, he looked up and said "poppy I don't want to do it" lol. He got scared because it was so high up so we didn't do it.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Thanks. By BMI standards I'm still over weight. Im 6 foot and weigh 202. By muscle mass Im not over weight and feel a lot better than I did at 240.

Fyi.. This picture is 2 years old(I was 58) after I lost that 40 pounds. Its my grandson and I at a monster truck show.

View attachment 57887

I am not an expert on physical fitness or BMI etc. But you look bloody good even in this picture. I dont know why you have to lose weight because you look good enough. But I suppose you must have had a reason to lose weight.

Luck guy with a grandson so handsome. You are a happy guy with all the world around and behind you. Many would aspire to be like you.

You are a prophet of your own right man. You should be a sensation. What is all of this nonsense about self abuse? You are an inspiration. Your grandson will look up to you and take you as his idol. What else can someone have as a legacy?

You are picture perfect.

We Never Know

No Slack
My 2 year old loves monster trucks, too... I hope you both had fun. :)

He loved them but he didn't want to ride in them lol. Here's a few of them.

IMG_20211127_012536.jpg

IMG_20211127_012510.jpg

IMG_20211127_012439.jpg

IMG_20211127_012335.jpg

We Never Know

No Slack
I am not an expert on physical fitness or BMI etc. But you look bloody good even in this picture. I dont know why you have to lose weight because you look good enough. But I suppose you must have had a reason to lose weight.

Luck guy with a grandson so handsome. You are a happy guy with all the world around and behind you. Many would aspire to be like you.

You are a prophet of your own right man. You should be a sensation. What is all of this nonsense about self abuse? You are an inspiration. Your grandson will look up to you and take you as his idol. What else can someone have as a legacy?

You are picture perfect.

Thank you. Your words are a blessing.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Thank you. Your words are a blessing.

No mate. You are a blessing to everyone. You should know that.

Write a book. Maybe a million will buy it. I will be one. And I am not kidding.

Cheers. Give my best wishes to your grandson. I wish him all the best things the world can afford.

We Never Know

No Slack
No mate. You are a blessing to everyone. You should know that.

Write a book. Maybe a million will buy it. I will be one. And I am not kidding.

Cheers. Give my best wishes to your grandson. I wish him all the best things the world can afford.

Again I thank you but for real,, I don't know if you are being real or sarcastic.
Cheers either way. Have a good night.

Clara Tea

I want to try praying and not eating like everyone says is good to do but I have a concern about it.
If you repeatedly pray and selfabuse by not eating for a month does this make your brain expect something and make you think it is all true?

What if it is all brainwashing?
Why is it not brainwashing yourself?
My friends and I fasted, but they gave up after one week.

I DoorDashed hamburgers several times per day, and my friends told me that it violates the fast. I said, oh, that kind of fasting.

I was going to redefine terms, as theists do, so fasting is binging, black is white, up is down.

For example, when the W. Bush administration was caught with torture camps, John Woo (professor of law at Chapman University) redefined the word "torture" so that it doesn't exist, then they were free to deny that they tortured Iraqis. Redefining is a way of lying. President W. Bush also redefined the word "poverty" and the word "hunger" and the word "pollution" so that he could do what he wanted unimpeded.

I gained a lot of weight during my fast but they lost. No wonder my friends think I'm a bit slow.

There was a sign on the road by my school "slow, kids" (that was very embarrassing).

Diet Myth or Truth: Fasting Is Effective for Weight Loss

Please read the link (above) about the harm of fasting.

Clara Tea

Not sure about others but I myself do that kind of thing. The reason is I read the blurb about Anthrosophy on Wikipedia early on in my looking into spiritual things to see if they were real, and it said:

"Anthroposophy is a philosophy founded in the early 20th century by the esotericist Rudolf Steiner that postulates the existence of an objective, intellectually comprehensible spiritual world, accessible to human experience. Followers of anthroposophy aim to engage in spiritual discovery through a mode of thought independent of sensory experience. They also aim to present their ideas in a manner verifiable by rational discourse and in studying the spiritual world seek comparable precision and clarity to that obtained by scientists investigating the physical world."

I never become one or read in full a single work of his except a minor thing about spiritual exercises to develop certain faculties to do daily (like doing a random thing at a random time [you choose the thing and time then do it each day] each day as an act of the will, an incredibly difficult, for me at least, act of discipline). But the idea of studying and testing spiritual stuff like anything else massively appealed to me, so I just started testing things, if it "works" predictably then I kept doing it. So testing for God (with all the things mentioned in this thread, but also isolation and vigils/sleeplessness) is something I've recommended to many people, it either is or isn't, like the Lord Jesus said "come and see."

Test of God....nail someone to a cross, and if God rescues them, God exists.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Well-wishing.....the act of throwing someone in a well and making a wish.

I think you should learn some English. And some humanity.

If you dont have any of them, you should be ashamed.

@We Never Know

I was wishing you well because in my opinion achieving something is a big deal. There are people who never did anything in achievement but are writing books making money. I thought even in a forum, with no human contact, humans are still humans. I honestly thought you're an inspiration.

But of course it is evident by these comments that it is not possible to have some human touch in these forums.

So through the years I have learned a lot in this forum. This is a new lesson.

I would say shame on you. Try to learn something in life. Who ever you are. Such a shameless thing to say @Clara Tea

Ciao.

Clara Tea

If you deprive your body of necessary things, like food, or oxygen, or sleep, you can get your brain to start hallucinating. And yes, if while you're hallucinating you are continually praying to receive some sort of message or 'vision', you can very effectively brainwash yourself into believing that your hallucinations are reality.

Hallucinations....a spiritual journey to find yourself and your spirit helper. Peyote helps.

Tripping on Peyote in Navajo Nation

The link above discusses it.

I wonder how many worship the pink elephants that they see when they drink?

That could lead one to trust in the words of psychics, and some might not be genuine. President Ronald Reagan wouldn't do anything without first consulting his psychic (so the psychic was the present, not Reagaon).

Clara Tea

I think you should learn some English. And some humanity.

If you dont have any of them, you should be ashamed.

@We Never Know

I was wishing you well because in my opinion achieving something is a big deal. There are people who never did anything in achievement but are writing books making money. I thought even in a forum, with no human contact, humans are still humans. I honestly thought you're an inspiration.

But of course it is evident by these comments that it is not possible to have some human touch in these forums.

So through the years I have learned a lot in this forum. This is a new lesson.

I would say shame on you. Try to learn something in life. Who ever you are. Such a shameless thing to say @Clara Tea

Ciao.
Notice how a joke elicits anger.

The Religious Right was for the "human touch" and "humanity" yet look at the huge homeless problem, unprovoked wars that were planned in haste without adequate proof, and the huge debt, and torture camps.

Apparently those who espouse the human touch don't practice what they preach.

You espouse peace? Then lash out in anger?

firedragon

Veteran Member
Notice how a joke elicits anger.

The Religious Right was for the "human touch" and "humanity" yet look at the huge homeless problem, unprovoked wars that were planned in haste without adequate proof, and the huge debt, and torture camps.

Apparently those who espouse the human touch don't practice what they preach.

You espouse peace? Then lash out in anger?

tsk

firedragon

Veteran Member
My understanding of God is that you can experience God within you but you can not see a physical being we call God :)

Humans are born with the experience of God. That is the fundamental of any kind of Islam. Especially wahjathul wujood of the Sufi tradition. And its found in simple social research.