• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prayer and selfabuse does it brainwash you?

We Never Know

No Slack
In a world where people around the world are getting into various diets, and intermittent fasting, to call fasting "self abuse" is just a dogmatic, religious, faith statement, not a rational, critical statement.

When people starve theirself to lose weight, it is self abuse.

firedragon

Veteran Member

Well, every single fitness instructor or Diabetes consultants who do masters degrees in the subject matter, and all others in this field consider it not "self abuse" but "self improvement".

That is why you are making a hyper religious, fanatically dogmatic, faith statement. Its not scientific, rational or critical.

Edit: Some even consider this "self worship", and some go to the length of calling it "your body is your temple".

We Never Know

No Slack
Well, every single fitness instructor or Diabetes consultants who do masters degrees in the subject matter, and all others in this field consider it not "self abuse" but "self improvement".

That is why you are making a hyper religious, fanatically dogmatic, faith statement. Its not scientific, rational or critical.

Not all but many abused eating which is why they are over weight. So starving theirself to lose weight is self abuse, but in the long run would be self improvement. But I'm not profiting from it. Sadly self improvement cost an arm and a leg.
I would wager that many people that are over weight is because of over eating and lack of exercise and discipline vs a medical condition.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Not all but many abused eating which is why they are over weight. So starving theirself to lose weight is self abuse.

Its like saying "many have injured themselves doing sports. So sports is self abuse".

Maybe soon you would also say "many have died driving. Thus, driving is suicide".

This is the fallacy of composition. Hasty generalisation. It will fit in with so many fallacies.

Absolutely illogical. Actually, absolutely logically fallacious.

We Never Know

No Slack

Edit: Some even consider this "self worship", and some go to the length of calling it "your body is your temple".

And fyi, my post didn't have anything to do with religion. How you came to that conclusion, I have no clue lol

firedragon

Veteran Member
And fyi, my post didn't have anything to do with religion. How you came to that conclusion, I have no clue lol

When did I say your post have anything to do with religion? I said you are being "fanatically religious, faith based, uncritical, unscientific, irrational".

Do you understand?

We Never Know

No Slack
Its like saying "many have injured themselves doing sports. So sports is self abuse".

Maybe soon you would also say "many have died driving. Thus, driving is suicide".

This is the fallacy of composition. Hasty generalisation. It will fit in with so many fallacies.

Do you blame the fork for people getting over weight? Or the person?

We Never Know

No Slack
When did I say your post have anything to do with religion? I said you are being "fanatically religious, faith based, uncritical, unscientific, irrational".

Do you understand?

Oh I don't know. Maybe this...

"That is why you are making a hyper religious, fanatically dogmatic, faith statement. Its not scientific, rational or critical."

Your post #42

We Never Know

No Slack

I lost 40 pounds down from 242 to 202 and I did that by choice. We actually have a choice in many things in our lives.
I could keep eating late night snacks or stop. I chose to stop

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member

Sometimes.

Some doctors will recommend intermittent fasting, however.

Starving oneself(for weightloss, and indiscrimately) might be self abuse, but such things often go deeper. Many eating disorders span beyond mere self control and are considered medical conditions.

We Never Know

No Slack
Sometimes.

Some doctors will recommend intermittent fasting, however.

Starving oneself(for weightloss, and indiscrimately) might be self abuse, but such things often go deeper. Many eating disorders span beyond mere self control and are considered medical conditions.

True. But some think If I can't do it then nobody can. It takes the want and discipline to change it.

We Never Know

No Slack
Thats great. You did well to yourself.

Thanks. By BMI standards I'm still over weight. Im 6 foot and weigh 202. By muscle mass Im not over weight and feel a lot better than I did at 240.

Fyi.. This picture is 2 years old(I was 58) after I lost that 40 pounds. Its my grandson and I at a monster truck show.

IMG_20211127_005501.jpg

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Thanks. By BMI standards I'm still over weight. Im 6 foot and weigh 202. By muscle mass Im not over weight and feel a lot better than I did at 240.

Fyi.. This picture is 2 years old(I was 58) after I lost that 40 pounds. Its my grandson and I at a monster truck show.

View attachment 57887

My 2 year old loves monster trucks, too... I hope you both had fun. :)