• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pray for a prisoner

Mark Dohle

prisoner's anxiety.jpg

Pray for a prisoner

Please pray for Joseph, a prisoner I am writing to for about 6 years. At this time he is going through a very rough time. I will share the letter that I sent him so that you will remember him if you feel called to pray for him. At this time I am the only one writing to him I believe.

They have transferred him far away from his elderly mother so she can't get there to see him.

Peace
Br. Mark

My dear friend,

I am sorry that you are struggling so much at this time. Yes, this is a dark night of sorts, and in the dark night, the Lord is closer than ever, though in a way that seems like he is absent. There is a saying about the spiritual journey, that the experience of God's absence, is a form of presence. We have ideas about God that are taken away from us, hence the seeming darkness. Yes, continue to pray, trust, and learn to live deeply even when in the desert.......for the Lord is always with you.

Sometimes, for all of us, and especially for someone in your situation, all one can do is to get through the day as best as you can, seeking God, and really, never giving up. Our prison system is rough and true justice does not exists in this world, though we have a desire for it. Jesus did not receive justice, he begged the Father to take the cup away, but there was only silence, so he embraced the Father's will. Yet look where it led. So deepen your faith and pray for the grace to continue no matter what.

The Lord 'allows' what goes on in our life, painful as that is, but St. Paul is right, "All things work out for the good for those who love Christ Jesus". This is a hard world to live in, and when it affects your ability to see your family, it can be very painful.

My prayers are with you Joseph, but you will get through this. No matter your situation in prison, God's will for you is to adapt, to trust, and to continue on your journey toward Christ Jesus. the saying 'one day at a time', while often overstated, is true, just get through today, then tomorrow, and the day after.

Your prayers for your mother will be answered, as well, for your sister and nephew. Again trust, pray, and seek to keep your heart open. The greatest temptation for all men and women is to fall into bitterness or even despair. With Christ, he calls you to rise above that with the help of his grace.

Prayers my friend, every day, both for you and your family, and those with you where you are at.

In the love and peace of Christ Jesus

Mark