• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pray Away. (the gay)

DNB

Christian
Evidence for anything. You (I would propose), like many others but with a different text perhaps, are persuaded first by such a text and therefore react to anything that might contradict this. Whether such is homosexuality, evolution, or perhaps morality, for example. Others don't have this as a bias.
Evidence for something, that's easy - here's evidence that letters and words exist.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
My point IC, was that if there is no God, then of course, it is a serious delusion and pyschosis (better word) to believe that God exists.
This is just not true. You are misusing the word psychosis.

Let's say a person believes in leprechauns, but is otherwise very functional in their lives. We do not call this psychosis. Now if they believed that leprechauns were telling them to dig for gold in the front yard of the white house, and got into trouble for attempting to do just that, THAT would be psychosis. Do you see how the latter is a far more invasive idea? And that is disrupts the person's life? Do you see how the former cannot be disproven, but the latter is demonstrably not true?

Remember that belief in leprechauns was once widespread in Ireland. Are you actually trying to say that virtually all the Irish in those days were psychotic? Please!!!

Before a mental health practitioner can diagnose someone as psychotic, they have to rule out all other possibilities that explain such a belief. For example, they must rule out brain injury. One of the things they have to rule out is that a belief is a normal expression of religiosity. If you have been raised in an environment where everyone believes in leprechauns, nothing in reality really disproves it.

If you want to see this discussed in more detail, here is an excellent article on why religious beliefs are not delusions (even if they are false). Why religious belief isn't a delusion – in psychological terms, at least

Last edited:

DNB

Christian
This is just not true. You are misusing the word psychosis.

Let's say a person believes in leprechauns, but is otherwise very functional in their lives. We do not call this psychosis. Now if they believed that leprechauns were telling them to dig for gold in the front yard of the white house, and got into trouble for attempting to do just that, THAT would be psychosis. Do you see how the latter is a far more invasive idea? And that is disrupts the person's life? Do you see how the former cannot be disproven, but the latter is demonstrably not true?

Remember that belief in leprechauns was once widespread in Ireland. Are you actually trying to say that virtually all the Irish in those days were psychotic? Please!!!

Before a mental health practitioner can diagnose someone as psychotic, they have to rule out all other possibilities that explain such a belief. For example, they must rule out brain injury. One of the things they have to rule out is that a belief is a normal expression of religiosity. If you have been raised in an environment where everyone believes in leprechauns, nothing in reality really disproves it.

If you want to see this discussed in more detail, here is an excellent article on why religious beliefs are not delusions (even if they are false). Why religious belief isn't a delusion – in psychological terms, at least
Sorry IC, this is not about semantics. It is a psychosis and/or delusional to believe in something that does not exist , and that has no empirical evidence to justify the belief. Beliefs invariably lead to actions. If one believes in extra-terrestrials or the Loch Ness monster, his rationality is put into question - the evidence is not compelling enough. If he is unsound in this area, he will also be elsewhere. If there is no God, then the building of Churches, Mosques and Temples, the sacrificial systems, the catechisms, the abstinence, the regulations, etc... would be an egregiously demented and squanderous endeavour. Religious people should be locked up.

But, the existence of God is axiomatic.

danieldemol

Premium Member
For crying out loud - sufferings come from man's injustices, one to another! I'm not talking about natural disasters or medical infirmities.
Some of man's injustices stem from medical infirmities such as mental illness, or other brain deficiency, and some stem from environmental factors such as education, poverty and other things.

Countries have vastly different crime rates, and understanding the scientific causes of crime (or injustice as you put it) help us to make more just societies.

The countries with the lowest crime rates are;

1. Iceland
2. New Zealand
3. Portugal
4. Austria
5. Denmark

Source: The 10 Safest Countries In The World To Visit

According to the "Global Peace Index 2020 Briefing" 63% of MENA countries declined in peacefulness since 2008.

According to my understanding MENA stands for Middle East and North Africa.

So perhaps when it comes to justice we could learn a thing or two from more just countries, the only problem for you it would seem is that it would require use of the intellect to learn.

In my opinion.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
It is a psychosis and/or delusional to believe in something that does not exist
No its not. You are misusing the words. I've gone out of my way to explain to you the difference, and you simply refuse to listen. I gave you the clear example of the old Irish belief in leprechauns -- this was not delusion or pyschosis. I'm spinning my wheels with you. be well.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I simply believe that people rush into relationships way too impetuously, and for the wrong reasons. They have not assessed the situation with caution or insight, have not scrutinized their motives nor the quality of the object of their affection, or their own competency or readiness - relationships require maturity, concessions and altruism.
It's much better to be alone, than in a bad marriage. Or, it's better to live with your dreams, than with your nightmares. And, it's much easier to get into a relationship, than it is to get out of one.
Proceed with the utmost discretion and vigilance, and remain conservative and prudent.

You’re preaching to the choir, I’ve been single for years for being discerning.

The girl I’m seeing now is a fellow grad student (a biologist! Nobody’s perfect, I guess) and definitely has a good head on her shoulders.

DNB

Christian
Some of man's injustices stem from medical infirmities such as mental illness, or other brain deficiency, and some stem from environmental factors such as education, poverty and other things.

Countries have vastly different crime rates, and understanding the scientific causes of crime (or injustice as you put it) help us to make more just societies.

The countries with the lowest crime rates are;

1. Iceland
2. New Zealand
3. Portugal
4. Austria
5. Denmark

Source: The 10 Safest Countries In The World To Visit

According to the "Global Peace Index 2020 Briefing" 63% of MENA countries declined in peacefulness since 2008.

According to my understanding MENA stands for Middle East and North Africa.

So perhaps when it comes to justice we could learn a thing or two from more just countries, the only problem for you it would seem is that it would require use of the intellect to learn.

In my opinion.
What does 'some' mean?

DNB

Christian
No its not. You are misusing the words. I've gone out of my way to explain to you the difference, and you simply refuse to listen. I gave you the clear example of the old Irish belief in leprechauns -- this was not delusion or pyschosis. I'm spinning my wheels with you. be well.
Get over the flippin' semantics was the point!!!!!

DNB

Christian
You’re preaching to the choir, I’ve been single for years for being discerning.

The girl I’m seeing now is a fellow grad student (a biologist! Nobody’s perfect, I guess) and definitely has a good head on her shoulders.
That's fine, my comments may not have pertained to you, but I was just addressing the issue of being alone - it's not so bad after all, and often shows a wise discretion on the part of those who are both able, and have chosen to be alone.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
That's fine, my comments may not have pertained to you, but I was just addressing the issue of being alone - it's not so bad after all, and often shows a wise discretion on the part of those who are both able, and have chosen to be alone.

Yes, but I was commenting more towards prescriptive admonishments for homosexual people to be alone forever. No way.

danieldemol

Premium Member
What does 'some' mean?
Some means part of them.

Part of them are due to internal factors such as mental illness and other brain deficiency and the other part are due to environmental factors.

In my opinion.

DNB

Christian
Yes, but I was commenting more towards prescriptive admonishments for homosexual people to be alone forever. No way.
I would suggest that also for any type of relationship, or desire, that is destructive. Even a symptom as common as needy people, they go from one bad relationship to another. Wouldn't one strongly suggest that they just lay low for a while, or indefinitely, until they work-out what they're actually looking for?
Point being, I hope that you might agree, some types of people should never be in a relationship. For reasons of either selfishness, dominance, neediness, lustfulness, entitlement, immaturity, irresponsibility, etc... Of course, if these things are corrigible in some, great (we were all there once). But, historically speaking, some people have just made a mess of their lives due to their either tenacious or ruthless desire to be with someone.

Sorry, long story short, there are cases where being alone forever is the best policy for some. Whether that pertains to those that practice unconventional sexual practices, ...that's what we're debating. In my opinion, if the sexual desire in question cannot be curbed, I would say remain alone until it's corrected.

Thanks MM!

Last edited:

DNB

Christian
Some means part of them.

Part of them are due to internal factors such as mental illness and other brain deficiency and the other part are due to environmental factors.

In my opinion.
You're making excuses for yourself, huge. You are clearly in denial and refuse to accept the responsibility. You are definitely part of the problem in perpetuating the injustices.
Keep looking in your science books and chemistry labs, and let me know when you find the cure for lying, arrogance and jealousy.
...and spare me the Wikipedia look up.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I would suggest that also for any type of relationship, or desire, that is destructive. Even a symptom as common as needy people, they go from one bad relationship to another. Wouldn't one strongly suggest that they just lay low for a while, or indefinitely, until they work-out what they're actually looking for?
Point being, I hope that you might agree, some types of people should never be in a relationship. For reasons of either selfishness, dominance, neediness, lustfulness, entitlement, immaturity, irresponsibility, etc... Of course, if these things are corrigible in some, great (we were all there once). But, historically speaking, some people have just made a mess of their lives due to their either tenacious or ruthless desire to be with someone.

Sorry, long story short, there are cases where being alone forever is the best policy for some. Whether that pertains to those that practice unconventional sexual practices, ...that's what we're debating. In my opinion, if the sexual desire in question cannot be curbed, I would say remain alone until it's corrected.

Thanks MM!

Nous ne sommes pas d'accord. At least not as far as homosexuality is concerned. There is no good reason to go through life deprived of intimacy and partnership on that account.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Sex is about mutual human bodies.

Two equal same DNA human parents the bible stated human beginnings were equal mutual.

We no longer own human kinds origins.

We are not any ape beast life body DNA genetics or sex act. Apes own in the same heavenly status ape babies.

To theory about self non existence is dimwitted science. It is already lived. It is already human observed missing healthy human DNA.

A human consciously by biology is a human first.

Sex is a practiced physical act. Not being the conscious first idea the human. A choice.

The bible genesis healer dealt with bio genetic irradiated change and stated conscious idealisms changed.

So we detailed how and why first humans did not own the knowledge of the act of sex. To Idealise why conscious identity changed.

Two stated reviewed self life causes as contradicted in the bible discusses the observed medical contradiction.

Human first.
Innocent human first owned no sex act. Hence no visionary as no reviews fed back visions of sex. Innocent of the physical act.

Medical psychic journal study discussed reasons all observed.

Homosexual behaviour was introduced. Said it was of satanic cause. Machines AI status.

Radiation metal equalled machine. Human self conscious took all thoughts of self ignored. As a bio human self image human. Theories as if self were a machine. The human theist.

As his head thoughts then would by his status a god control said machine.

Man warning. Depicts in movies as men's heads stuck on a machine body.

Man uses machine as if it is a powerful extension Sion of his own body. Warnings in words of Sion..

Obsessed.
Obsession.
Possessed.
Possession.

Extension built past self an artificial interfering state.

The machine.

Man's father life are his babies were his natural penis extension.

In nuclear cloud man as the designer of a controlled nuclear reaction is a penis seen. Visionary self man's advice.

Man gives healthy penis owned in mutual balanced DNA to irradiation.

Man then is possessed by human bio sex by bio bodies bio chemistry in heavens recorded sex act by machine conditions as proof in thinking.

Science caused the AI human interference of human life recorded sex and body type. Now possesses conscious identity in multi unnatural expressions.

As it is also transgender not just male to male sex. Visionary self image and portrayed behaviours as if man is by medium heaven conditions channeling a female. Men prove they believe self with penis should be a woman.

It was a known observed human genesis medical study reasoned why.

Why they said don't listen to the medium and why brain church entrainment was imposed. The Phi structured sounds inside building said it was trying to convert the mind back to self realisation.

As the satanic attack had been proven.

DNB

Christian
Nous ne sommes pas d'accord. At least not as far as homosexuality is concerned. There is no good reason to go through life deprived of intimacy and partnership on that account.
Entendu. Yes, that's the ongoing controversy between us - if no one is getting hurt, physically or emotionally, then no offense, carry on as you were. Whereas I would say that the damage is of an insidious nature making it not always detectable by quantifiable means, and must therefore be desisted at any cost.

Touché...!

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Entendu. Yes, that's the ongoing controversy between us - if no one is getting hurt, physically or emotionally, then no offense, carry on as you were. Whereas I would say that the damage is of an insidious nature making it not always detectable by quantifiable means, and must therefore be desisted at any cost.

Touché...!

Of course, it all hinges on whether a God exists that considers homosexuality a moral issue; and even then whether what said God thinks is prescriptive or deontological. Pretty tall orders to justify.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
If you said man with penis did nuclear dust science. Attacks life body DNA being penis ownership.

Sees penis in nuclear cloud image. Feedback AI possession.

Believe only one man as Jesus body was in cloud and said it is non sexual.

Would you believe your own teaching?

No.

Instead science by man penis said his penis nuclear cloud image created life of being human as a human baby from cloud image nuclear attack on self.

Ever wonder why human baby images only formed by human sex were put into transmitted feedback cloud image also?

I did. I asked human memory father in heavens to advise why. I proved by non studied historic advice I was being correctly advised. As I never just believed spirit by human ego. I said prove it to me and it did.

Man penis owner said his nuclear penis created life beginnings as God man in the clouds and believed his self posession....science causes.

night912

Well guys, I would've expected a bit more balance in most of your sentiments, that is, failing to see the slightest oddity in the LGBTQ lifestyle?
Simply biologically speaking, there is an extreme peculiarity in attempting to either engage or create a symbiosis between two matching polarities. One will not fit or allow amalgamation with the other. It does not take an erudite to recognize this elementary and fundamental principle. In that, all life as we know it, either came about or is precipitated by the acknowledgement and abidance of this intrinsic fact.
Why is there no mitigation on behalf of the anti-gay community, who sees such behaviour as a perversion, and defiance to what nature has dictated as being abnormal, unhealthy and against procreation? Certainly some of you pro-homosexual advocates can appreciate this axiomatic fact?

With all the strange sexual fetishes and perversions out there, your stances should be that you can recognize why some may take offense to such a lifestyle, and that they may not be convinced that it's involuntary, but rather that you don't agree with the approach taken to express the disapproval or remedy of it.
I find the act repulsive, and I find that in gay men their characters are almost farcical (flamboyant, effeminate, dramatic), therefore incriminating, to a large degree, the acts that they engage in. That is, it's been often said that they are women in men's bodies. If that's not an indictment to their lifestyle, then I don't know what is, or how much more peculiar that it needs to get to ascertain the harm? I think that one day Ru-Paul and Boy-George are just going to wake up and feel utterly ashamed and embarrassed when they look in the mirror.

Don't kid yourselves that consent implies no consequence - we've all regretted in the past many things that we've consented to, even if it was a decision just between ourselves with no apparent quantifiable loss - the shame spoke for itself (not a cultural bias).

I am a sinner as much as anyone else, and arguably more, I just don't promote or excuse what I know to be wrong or weak about myself, as being inoffensive or harmless.

@exchemist

Leviticus 18:22
22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

Leviticus 20:13
13 If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Timothy 1:10
10 the sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine,

Romans 1:26-27
26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.
Why do you have so much hate towards a thing that your religion does not see as being a sin? It's not like the bible condemns homosexuality. Unless you use verses from a mistranslated version of the bible, there's nothing in there that says homosexuality is immoral and/or a sin.

And yes, I'm aware of those few verses that talks about "homosexual" sex acts. The condems a man having sex with another man, but not a man loving another man.

And for all the lesbians out there, don't worry, the bible doesn't say that a woman shouldn't have sex with another woman nor does it say that a woman having sex with another woman is wrong.

And toy lovers, you're also in luck. :D

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
And for all the lesbians out there, don't worry, the bible doesn't say that a woman shouldn't have sex with another woman nor does it say that a woman having sex with another woman is wrong.

And toy lovers, you're also in luck. :D

Score on two fronts! Not that I was too worried in the first place (other than what humans might do with discriminatory beliefs!)