• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Practical Wisdom

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
The physiological changes in brain waves and metabolic rate gradually relieve stress and give us more energy and clarity in activity. That’s very practical.
True, but none of it can be used in the state of Samadhi. One have to awaken to the mundane world to use it. Otherwise, one is like an un-tethered astronaut tumbling in space.

ajay0

The experience of the thoughtless state of transcendental consciousness isn’t religious and isn’t “meant” to be anything. What we do with it is up to us. The physiological changes in brain waves and metabolic rate gradually relieve stress and give us more energy and clarity in activity. That’s very practical.

This is true. It is from deep relaxation that one gains the energy for dynamic action.

There are many insomniacs who are unable to relax and sleep at night peacefully due to incessant mental activity of a habitual nature. Fatigue, confusion and depression soon become their companions followed by prescription drugs that does more harm than good in the long run.

Meditation helps one to consciously reduce the involuntary thinking and emoting process, and eliminate the anxiety and tension such thinking and emoting generally induce.

This enables deep sleep and relaxation, which ensures high energy levels and clarity of mind for the next day's work resulting in high productivity.

These sayings of Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, who was a disciple of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and an enlightened master in his own right, will shed more light on the subject.

“A genuine smile can only happen when stress is gone and meditation releases stress.”

"Meditation gives you deep rest. The deeper you are able to rest, the more dynamic you will be in activity."

"Activity and rest are two vital aspects of life. To find a balance in them is a skill in itself. Wisdom is knowing when to have rest, when to have activity, and how much of each to have. Finding them in each other – activity in rest and rest in activity – is the ultimate freedom." ~ Sri Sri Ravi Shankar.

River Sea

The experience of the thoughtless state of transcendental consciousness isn’t religious and isn’t “meant” to be anything. What we do with it is up to us
The experience of the thoughtless state of transcendental consciousness isn’t religious and isn’t “meant” to be anything. What we do with it is up to us

@William T. Hathaway
Can you relate with seeing white light in people radiate outward and can you relate with light in us feeds us fire-burn in our spirit heart? I notice feeding when I allow light in me teach me in the midst of my situations