• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Power of God

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Does a human being have the power of God/god?

IMO, humans are greater than any God since we can create Gods, any God we can imagine.
We have an infinite possibility of morality and reality we can create.

Most Gods seem pretty limited in what they can do. What humans can do continues to exponentially expand.
Any Gods that do exist must fear us. Perhaps this is why the biblical God forbid us from the Tree of Knowledge.

PureX

Veteran Member
Does my wall outlet have the power of ComEd? Yes, and no. It has 110 volts worth of ComEd's power. But ComEd generates a great deal more then that.

I cannot create a universe. But I can create new arrangements within this universe. God and I are both creators. I can't know, love, cherish, forgive, empathize with, or honor everyone, but I can do those things for some of us. So I guess I am "God light". And so are you, if you want to be.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Begs the question, is God an existing entity or just human imagination?

Last edited:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Depends on what kind of power you are talking about.

At the very least you have the same power of God in free will. You can actually stop God's will with your will.

Audie

Veteran Member
Does my wall outlet have the power of ComEd? Yes, and no. It has 110 volts worth of ComEd's power. But ComEd generates a great deal more then that.

I cannot create a universe. But I can create new arrangements within this universe. God and I are both creators. I can't know, love, cherish, forgive, empathize with, or honor everyone, but I can do those things for some of us. So I guess I am "God light". And so are you, if you want to be.
Bring you r God heavy and I will defeat it
in any duel of your choosing.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Well, the children anyway.
The apple doesn't fall from the tree?
The growth and maturing aspects captivate me.
Yeah, me too. Sometimes when I'm talking with someone, I find myself thinking about how they would look pre-evolved back into their animal roots. People have progressed so much. I mean look at cars, and roads, and convenience stores. Those weren't around 200 years ago and that wasn't that long ago.

101G

A MIND is a terrible thing to waste.it is unlimited in thoughts, especially if used for evil. but in the Spiritual Gifts, we as humans do have the POWER of God to do Good. also, prayer can change things. even the course of history. when God was going to punish the people of Israel, for the first time in the bible, God told someone not to pray for the people, because what he was going to do to them was not going to change. see Jeremiah chapter 7 read the whole chapter. so yes, man have power, (G1849, exousia) with God, and not (,G1411, dunamis) which only God has.

101G.