• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Power from God against the dark magic.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Salam

This thread will about the power from God from Shiite hadiths and Quran perspective, and how to annul the dark magic from Quran and hadiths.

To brace for impact. Dark magic surrounds almost all of us, very few have broken free from it. I will be explaining what it is, and how to break it according to Quran and hadiths.

We will be also talking about weapons against dark magic, and I will be labeling their usage in Shiite hadiths.

We will see how also how Surah Baqara and Surah Auli-Imran annuls the dark magic. As well the four "Qul" Surahs.

Also I might show a bit of demonology, as Quran hints the Ifrit Jinn (we will discuss the meaning of Ifrit) that Jinn are types, and knowing their types, and how to combat the different types from the Shayateen, is helpful.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Salam

First thing we have to do is to contemplate the concept of Jihad al-nafs.

After quoting a hadith about that from the Nabi (s), Khomeini (q) says:

The host related with the divine and intellectual powers attracts him towards the sublime, heavenly spheres, and summons him to the acts of virtue and goodness. The other host of guardians is the ignoble and satanic, which attracts man towards the baser realms of darkness and shame, and invites him to the acts of villainy and destruction.

There is always a state of conflict and strive between these two forces, and human existence serves as the battleground of these two bands. When the divine forces of good become successful, man emerges as a virtuous and blessed being, and attains the high station of angels, and is congregated under the category of prophets, saints and the pious.

When the satanic forces of darkness dominate, man becomes a rebellious and vicious being, and is flocked with the fiendish group of the infidels and cursed. Since this is not an occasion to discuss it here, I shall take up this issue of the crusade of the self whenever the self and causes of its deterioration and perfection would be discussed in the latter passages.

First Grade
This grade itself consists of different stages (fusul). You have to know that the lowest of them is the worldly and outward human existence comprising the initial stages of the self and its apparent manifestations. The divine spark is blended with the physical to form man’s earthly existence. It is here in this body that the armies of good and evil are stationed, and the visible potentialities of body function as warring forces. It has seven quarters. They are ears, eyes, tongue, stomach, private parts, and arms and legs. All these diffused faculties under the control of the self are employed by the self in seven spheres of life. The seat of imagination also is an important faculty, as the thought and imagination are sovereign over all visible and invisible human faculties.

If the faculty of thought resolves to employ all other faculties to move in the fiendish directions, all of them are converted into satanic forces and the whole territory (of existence) is turned into a satanic domain, and the forces of piety, rationality and good are weakened and subjugated by them. As a result they wind up their business and leave off the scene, vacating the empire for the possession of Satan. If the faith and reason take possession of the mind, and they command all human faculties to work in their own direction, man acts according to the dictates of reason and faith (shar’), thus making the empire (of his existence) a domain of divine and rational powers, and compel satanic forces to retreat with all its weaponry accepting defeat.

Thus the jihad of the self is the jihad of greater importance. This jihad is superior to being killed in the way of God, since this condition implies overpowering one’s own powers and faculties, and placing them under the yoke of God’s command, and purging the domain of our body of satanic elements and their forces.

Source: First Hadith: Jihad of The Self | Forty Hadith, An Exposition, Second Revised Edition | Al-Islam.org

My comment: We are a battle ground, so a person, may think, all he has to do is avoid sins and do good deeds. But this easier said then done. In fact, this attitude might cause people in sins to try to do what has become practically impossible for them due to their own failure. So we look at way to cure and annul the dark magic while being overwhelmed by it. That is even with dark sins, we will show, how to cut all that off and destroy the Satanic tree.

That is rather then trying to achieve every virtue, which is a path in Khomeini (q) forty hadith book, and annul every vice, we will look at "hacks" that get you out of overwhelming dark magic and dark nature our sins have put us in.

Of course, no doubt the best way is to avoid sins, do good deeds, attain virtues and avoid vices, and cause the soul to submit to God, but we will look at prayers that are ways out of perils in the moment of peril and a way to begin to combat dark magic, even if overwhelmed by sins and easy way out of sins.

This thread thus is aimed, at a soul caught and overwhelmed by it, and can't defeat their sins, and way out of the dark magic overwhelming them and being able to free themselves from the Satanic tree even after totally being destroyed by Satanic forces.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Khomeini (q) concludes after talking about the first of 40 hadiths he will explain:

Since the struggle of the self concludes here and man succeeds in driving off the legions of satanic armies from the empire of his soul, this land becomes the abode of angels of God and a place of worship of truthful servants of God. Thus, the task of pursuing the journey towards God becomes easier, and the road to humanism is illuminated.

The doors of blessings from heaven and their ascending steps are opened to him, and the doors of hell and the descending steps thereof are closed on him. God Almighty views him with mercy and benevolence and unites him with His faithful and His blessed servants. The path to divine knowledge, which is the ultimate purpose of creation of mankind and jinn, is opened to him. God Almighty guards him through this hazardous path.

I wished to refer to the third stage of self (nafs), wherein another struggle against the deceptions and temptations of Satan takes place. But, on later thought, this description seems to be out of place here, so I left it undiscussed.

My comment: So again, the virtuous and vices, is one way to approach this issue. This is the best way, the ultimate way, and the way to finish, start and be in all the time.

Another way to awaken to the darkness and light, and see it with mental and spiritual clarity. As for the intellectual clarity, this is one way, but I will be talking about how to spiritually awaken to it and begin to fight it off directly. Not with "good" deeds, but with overwhelming it with power from God and doing away with dark magic and the effects of our sins through power from God.

I will talk about prayers of Ahlulbayt (a) in this respect starting one that is attributed to Imam Reda (a).

The book: Forty Hadith, An Exposition, Second Revised Edition | Al-Islam.org is a beautiful book. But this will not be the way discussed here, though it is the best way. I thought I would mention it because it's one of the ways to dispel the dark magic, and the best way in my view.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Salam

The following prayer from Imam Reda (a): Duas to overcome Worries Anxiety Hardship

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
O Allah! My many sins have made me lose face before You, prevented me from being worthy of Your mercy, and kept me away from deserving Your forgiveness! I have adhered to Your boons and clung to supplicating You, for You have promised those who are like me in acting extravagantly (against their own souls), making errors, and despairing of Your mercy through Your words: ‘Say: O My servants who have acted extravagantly against their own souls, do not despair of the mercy of Allah; surely Allah forgives the faults altogether; surely He is the Forgiving, the Merciful.’[9] You have warned those who despair of Your mercy and said: ‘And who despairs of the mercy of his Lord but the erring ones.’[10] Then You have summoned us through Your mercy to supplicate You, thus You have said: ‘Call upon me, I will answer you; surely those who are too proud for My mercy shall soon enter hell abased.’[11] O my Lord! Hopelessness has covered me, and despair of Your mercy has wrapped me! O my Lord! You have promised to reward him who has good opinion in You and to punish him who has bad opinion in You! O Allah! My eye has been seized by good opinion of You in releasing my neck from the Fire, covering my slips, releasing (me) from my stumble! O Allah! Your words, which have neither alteration nor change, are true: ‘(Remember) the day when We will call every people with their Imam.’[12] That is the Day of Resurrection when the trumpet shall be blown and ‘what is in the graves shall be raised.’[13] O Allah! I believe, witness, confess, do not deny, do not renege, conceal, announce, manifest, and hide that You are Allah, there is no god but You, One with no partner with You, that Muhammad is Your servant and messenger, may Allah bless him and his Family, and that Ali, the Commander of the faithful, master of the testamentary trustees, inheritor of knowledge of the prophets, emblem of religion, destroyer of the hypocrites, the fighter against the Renegades (Maareqeen), my Imam, my proof, my handle, my path, my guide, and my argument. I do not trust my deeds though pure; nor do I see that they will save me though righteous but through (showing) friendship to him, following his example, acknowledging his great virtues, accepting from those who delivered them, and submitting to those who narrated them. I confess that his testamentary trustees from among his grandsons are Imams, arguments, guides, lamps, guideposts, lighthouses, masters, and pious. I believe in their secret, their openness, their outward, their inward, their present, their absent, their living, and their dead. In that there is neither doubt nor suspicion nor change when You turn away (from that). O Allah! summon me on the day of my mustering and my resurrecting through their Imamate, and save me, O My Master! From the heat of the Fires through them, and supply me with the repose of the Gardens! Surely, if You release me from the Fire, I will be one of the achievers. O Allah! I rose in the morning of this day of mine (while) I have neither confidence nor hope nor asylum nor place of flight nor shelter except those through whom I seek access to You, seeking nearness to Your Messenger Muhammad, may Allah bless him and his Family, and again Ali, the Commander of the faithful, al-Zahra, the mistress of the women of the worlds, al-Hasan, al-Husain, Ali, Muhammad, Ja’far, Moosa, Ali, Muhammad, Ali, al-Hasan and the one after them who will pave the way for the hidden proof from among his children, hoped for the community after him. O Allah! Make them in this day and after it my fortress against detested things and my stronghold against fears; save me through them from every enemy, tyrant, oppressor, sinner, the evil of what I know, what I deny, what has hidden from me, what I see, and the evil of every crawling creature that You have taken by the forelock! Surely You are on a straight path. O Allah! Through my seeking access through them to You, seeking nearness to You through showing love for them, fortifying myself with their Imamate, open for me the doors to Your provision; spread upon me Your mercy; make Your creatures love me; turn me aside from their detest and their enmity! Verily You are powerful over everything. O Allah! There is reward for everyone (who) seek access (through them to You); there is right for all the possessors of intercession, hence by him whom You have appointed as Your friend and placed ahead my request, I ask You to make me recognize the blessing of this day of mine, this month of mine, and this year of mine! O Allah! They are my place of flight and my help during my hardship, my ease, my well-being, my tribulation, my sleep, my wakefulness, my departure, my residence, my difficulty, my facility, my openness, my secret, my morning, my evening, my movement, my habitation, my secret, and my apparent! O Allah! Through them, disappoint me not of Your favor; cut not my hope from Your mercy; disappoint me not of Your repose; tempt me not with the closure of the doors to provisions and of the ways to them; open for me an easy opening from You; appoint for me a way out from every hardship and a road for every plenty! Surely, You are the Most Merciful of the merciful. May Allah bless Muhammad and his good and pure Household! Amen, Lord of the worlds![14]

My comment: We see Imam (a) is teaching us to reach out to God at a point when numerous sins have made us deserving of being abandoned. In it we say our only hope is through intermediation of Ahlulbayt (a).

Imam Ali Reda (a) then makes us realize an important fact:

O Allah! They are my place of flight and my help during my hardship, my ease, my well-being, my tribulation, my sleep, my wakefulness, my departure, my residence, my difficulty, my facility, my openness, my secret, my morning, my evening, my movement, my habitation, my secret, and my apparent! O Allah! Through them, disappoint me not of Your favor; cut not my hope from Your mercy; disappoint me not of Your repose; tempt me not with the closure of the doors to provisions and of the ways to them; open for me an easy opening from You; appoint for me a way out from every hardship and a road for every plenty!

This means Ahlulbayt (a) are with us in all these moments. They are there unseen but also in a way that can be witnessed if we overwhelm the dark sorcery and it is denying nature to the light of Ahlulbayt (a).

So I'm going to propose realization of Ahlulbayt (a) in the journey, and their companionship in unseen, is a way out of the sorcery.

Using them as weapons in the unseen, we will see is talked about in Quran and Du'as taught by them.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Salam

The following Du'a: Dua-e-Sabaasab

Has an intense experience.

It's a long Du'a, so we should recognize some things.

It talks about the arrows of God and sword of God, what does this mean?

It's a way to use the "the name of God" per the Du'a it self later.

So what does this all mean?

We read in Surah Hijr:

وَلَوْ فَتَحْنَا عَلَيْهِمْ بَابًا مِنَ السَّمَاءِ فَظَلُّوا فِيهِ يَعْرُجُونَ | Were We to open for them a gate of the sky, so that they could go on ascending through it, | Al-Hijr : 14

لَقَالُوا إِنَّمَا سُكِّرَتْ أَبْصَارُنَا بَلْ نَحْنُ قَوْمٌ مَسْحُورُونَ | they would surely say, ‘Indeed intoxicated are vision has been; indeed, we are a bewitched lot.’ | Al-Hijr : 15

وَلَقَدْ جَعَلْنَا فِي السَّمَاءِ بُرُوجًا وَزَيَّنَّاهَا لِلنَّاظِرِينَ | Certainly We have appointed strongholds in the sky and adorned them for the onlookers, | Al-Hijr : 16

وَحَفِظْنَاهَا مِنْ كُلِّ شَيْطَانٍ رَجِيمٍ | and We have guarded them from every outcast Satan, | Al-Hijr : 17

إِلَّا مَنِ اسْتَرَقَ السَّمْعَ فَأَتْبَعَهُ شِهَابٌ مُبِينٌ | except someone who may eavesdrop, whereat there pursues him a manifest flame. | Al-Hijr : 18

The believer is to look towards the Malakut and attempt to be one of the onlookers. He is to attempt to witness their light and help and with love it will grow the vision.

He is also to use Ahlulbayt (a) light as a source of weapons against Shayateen:

وَلَقَدْ زَيَّنَّا السَّمَاءَ الدُّنْيَا بِمَصَابِيحَ وَجَعَلْنَاهَا رُجُومًا لِلشَّيَاطِينِ ۖ وَأَعْتَدْنَا لَهُمْ عَذَابَ السَّعِيرِ | We have certainly adorned sky/heaven of this world with lamps, and made them [the means of pelting] missiles against the devils, and We have prepared for them a punishment of the Blaze. | Al-Mulk : 5

We will see how the du'a I linked to in the start, goes into details of how to use the weapons and fight of the dark sorcery.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Salam

المفيد : حدثنا الصدوق حدثنا محمد بن موسى بن المتوكل عن محمد بن ابي عبدالله الكوفي عن موسى بن عمران ([31][33]) عن عمه الحسين بن يزيد عن علي بن سالم عن ابيه علن سالم بن دينار عن سعد بن طريف عن الاصبغ بن نباتة قال : سمعت ابن عباس يقول : قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه واله : ذكر الله عز وجل عبادة ، وذكري عبادة ، وذكر علي عبادة ، وذكر الائمة من ولده عبادة ، والذي بعثني بالنبوة وجعلني خير البرية ، إن وصي لافضل الاوصياء ، وإنه لحجة الله على عباده ، وخليفته على خلقه ، ومن ولده الائمة الهداة بعدي ، بهم يحبس الله عن أهل الارض ، وبهم يمسك السماء ان تقع على الارض إلا بإذنه ، وبهم يمسك السماء ان تميد بهم ، وبهم يسقى خلقه الغيث ، وبهم يخرج النبات ، أولئك أولياء الله حقاً وخلفاؤه صدقاً ، عدتهم عدة الشهور ، وهي اثنا عشر شهراً ، وعدتهم عدة نقباء موسى بن عمران عليه السلام ، ثم تلا هذه الاية ( والسماء ذات البروج ) ، ثم قال : اتُقَدِّر ـ يابن عباس ـ أن الله يقسم بالسماء ذات البروج ، ويعني به السماء وبروجها ؟ قلت : يارسول الله ، فما ذاك ، قال : اما السماء فأنا ، واما البروج فالائمة بعدي ، أولهم علي وآخرهم المهدي ([32][34]) .

Quoted from Ibn Abbas from Rasool (s): The remembrance of god is worship, and remembrance of me is worship, and remembrance of Ali is worship, and remembrance of the leaders from his sons is worship, and I swear by the one who brought me up as a Prophet and made me the best of creatures - my successor is the best of successor and he is God's proof on his servants, and his ruler/representative on his creation, and from his sons is the leaders of guidance after me by them does God account on the people of earth, and by them does he prevent the sky from falling on the people of the earth by his permission, and by them does he stop the sky from destroying them, and by them does he bring down the rain, and by them does he bring about the harvest, and these God's Walis by truth and his rulers/representatives truly, and their number is that of the luminaries (to be sought for illumination) and they are twelve luminaries (to be sought from illumination) and their number is that of the Captains of Musa son of Imran, and they are twelve then he recited the verse "And by the sky full of stars" then said "On Son of Abbas, do you think that God would swear by the sky full of stars and he means the (physical) sky and it's stars? so I said "O Messenger of God what is it then?" He said "as for the sky/heaven it's me, as for the stars they are the leaders after me, first of them is Ali and last of them is the Mahdi".

My comment: The believer is to remember God with remembrance of Ahlulbayt (a). He is to recall God with their light as that would be worshiping God.

The remembrance of Ahlulbayt (a) as concept is not what is meant by Mohammad (s) here. Remembering God is linking to the REAL LIVING REALITY OF GOD, IT'S THE SAME WITH AHLUL-BAYT, IT MEANS LINKING TO THEM AND SEEING THEIR REALITY AND LINKING TO GOD THROUGH THEM. THIS IS WHY HE TALKS ABOUT THE STARS AND THE SKY REALITY.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Salam

This is part of a ziyarat to Imam Mahdi (a):

اَلسَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكَ يَا حُجَّةَ ٱللَّهِ فِي أَرْضِهِ
alssalamu `alayka ya hujjata allahi fi ardihi
Peace be upon you, O argument of Allah in His lands!

اَلسَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكَ يَا عَيْنَ ٱللَّهِ فِي خَلْقِهِ
alssalamu `alayka ya `ayna allahi fi khalqihi
Peace be upon you, O sight of Allah on His creatures!

اَلسَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكَ يَا نُورَ ٱللَّهِ
alssalamu `alayka ya nura allahi
Peace be upon you, O light of Allah

ٱلَّذِي يَهْتَدِي بِهِ ٱلْمُهْتَدُونَ
alladhi yahtadi bihi almuhtaduna
by which those who have been guided [to the true guidance] are guided

وَيُفَرَّجُ بِهِ عَنِ ٱلْمُؤْمِنِينَ
wa yufarraju bihi `an almu'minina
and by which the believers are relieved!

اَلسَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكَ أَيُّهَا ٱلْمُهَذَّبُ ٱلْخَائِفُ
alssalamu `alayka ayyuha almuhadhdhabu alkha'ifu
Peace be upon you, O polite and fearful!

اَلسَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكَ أَيُّهَا ٱلْوَلِيُّ ٱلنَّاصِحُ
alssalamu `alayka ayyuha alwaliyyu alnnasihu
Peace be upon you, O sincere patron!

اَلسَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكَ يَا سَفِينَةَ ٱلنَّجَاةِ
alssalamu `alayka ya safinata alnnajati
Peace be upon you, O ark of salvation!

اَلسَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكَ يَا عَيْنَ ٱلْحَيَاةِ
alssalamu `alayka ya `ayna alhayati
Peace be upon you, O essence of life!

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Salam

As for Ahlulbayt (a) companionship in the journey and their company in the unseen world, I will delegate it to this thread in which I collected some resources (there are many more) to that effect: Ahlulbayt spiritual station and their accompanying believers on the journey. | Religious Forums

Now, let's get to the Du'a I linked to.

The Du'a starts with some verses from Quran which we will go back to then begins with "I seek refuge by God from the sorcery of every sorcerer, and the plan of every planner...". But then it right way get's you into attacking yourself, and says:

I assault them with God in their offense, and took refuge in God from their evils, and sought help of God against them by the will of God from their attack, and fortified by the power of God from their hosts/army, and I defended regarding myself by God's fortifying defense, and his luminous authority and I attacked them by God's deadly arrow and cutting sword I pulverized by God's might and made them flee by permission of God and divided them a dividing by the will of God scattered them a scattering by the power of God I was severe in severity by God's prevention, and there is no will or power except by God the Great. I won against who showed hostility to me by God's most victorious hosts/army, and I conquered who opposed me by the authority God the Greatest and I destroyed who intended me by the will of God the greatest, I out planned who bothered me by God's fast taking....

My comment: So this prayer teaches to rely on God, but calls to fast action. We see that God comes to help quickly the believer and amazing things happen right away. Whoever experiences this Du'a, will feel a change of spiritual state quickly in my view.

We see something going on. There is fortification, there is hitting with sword, and hitting with deadly arrow, and there is the effects all this has against those attacking the believer. Scattering them and creating panic in them and attacking back. The believer becomes a spiritual warrior and begins to fight off his enemies.

Imams (a) have said they are the sword of God on earth, and we saw in Quran the lanterns in the sky/heaven are to be used as means of stoning and hitting devils.

The believer no matter what state of sins, if he relies on God, will find God there, ready to assist him against his enemies. We will continue to show more of this du'a.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I have taken away their power Of hearing and seeing; and destroyed The strength of their Limbs, and their confidence, With the superior unyielding Persevering and resolute power Of Allah. They have been driven away By me with the help of Divine Strategy of Allah, the High, The Great, and the All-powerful. They have been conquered, Worn down, disgraced, together With their soldiers, helpers, and Well- wishers by me with the Unfaltering aid, true and evident Help of Allah. They are now overwhelmed, Over-awed, Frightened, Frustrated Humiliated, Over-powered, Broken down Bound in chains, Out of breath, Tamed, Subdued.

Part of the same Du'a. This prayer hence turns everything around within seconds, after being over-powered by Iblis forces, the believer overwhelms them and subdues them.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Salam

Another way is to constantly send Salawat on Ahlulbayt (a), the following is from Tafsir Hassan Al-Askari (a):

The Holy Prophet (S) said: When the Jews prayed through the medium of Muhammad and Aale Muhammad, Allah helped them to win over the polytheists. O people of the Ummah of Muhammad (S), beware, when you face any difficulty, invoke through the names of Muhammad and Aale Muhammad, so that Allah may make your angels victorious on those satans who want to harm you.

Each of you has an angel at the right who records your enemy’s wickedness and two shaitaans from Iblees also remain with everyone, who give evil suggestions. When they put doubt in the mind of a person and he says: Laa H’awla Walaa Quwwata illaa billaahil A’lyyil A’z’eem wa S’allallaahu a’laa muh’ammadin wa aalihit’ t’ayyibeenat’ t’aahireen, (There is no strength except by Allah, the High and the Mighty, and may Allah bless Muhammad and his purified progeny) both the Shaitans are disgraced and they go back and complain to Iblees the accursed, saying:

We have become helpless in their case, help us with your other shaitaans; and that reprobate helps them. So much so, that finally he sends a thousand devils to help them. They come together to this believer and when they intend to harm him, he invokes Allah’s name and recites durood on Muhammad and Aale Muhammad (a.s.).

For this reason, they became disappointed and cannot subdue him and at last they go back to Iblees and say: None, except you, is capable, go to him with your army and mislead him from the right path. So he takes his army, is about to set out when Allah calls to His angels: My angels, see, the accursed Iblees is going, along with his army, to such and such servant or maidservant of Mine. You all go and fight with them.

Thus Allah sends a hundred thousand angels for every shaitaan. They ride on horses of fire carrying swords, bows and arrows and knives of fire. They wound and kill the accursed ones and arrest Iblees and hold him beneath their weapons. Iblees says: O my Lord, You promised to keep me alive till Qiyamat. Allah says to His angels: I promised not kill him; but not that I will not involve him in difficulties and wrath.

Injure him with your attacks, I will not allow him to die. The angels wound him and leave him shedding tears for his dead children and for himself and his wound does not heal till the cries of infidelity of the polytheists do not reach his ears. If the believer continues to remember Allah and recites durood on Muhammad and Aale Muhammad (a.s.), the wounds of Iblees do not heal and if a believer becomes careless, his wounds heal up and he brings him under his control and puts a bridle on his mouth like a horse, then rides on his back.

Then he dismounts and makes another Shaitan ride on his back. He tells his disciples: Do you remember how much disgrace we suffered for this man? Now he has become so obedient to us that we ride on him.

Then His Eminence (S) said: If you want to involve Shaitan in sorrow and pain, you must always remain busy in Allah’s obedience and divine remembrance; and recite durood on Muhammad and Aale Muhammad (a.s.). If you become careless, you will become a prisoner of Iblees and some of his disciples will ride on your back.

Amirul Momineen (a.s.) said: It was a well known fact in ancient times, that whenever you invoke Allah for the sake of Muhammad and his purified progeny, your prayer would be accepted and all your needs will be fulfilled. So much so, that whenever a person’s affliction prolonged, they said he has forgotten to pray to Allah through the medium of Muhammad and Aale Muhammad.