• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Potential mass shootings averted

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I came across a couple of articles while browsing the news feed.

https://nypost.com/2019/08/16/man-interested-in-committing-mass-shooting-arrested-in-connecticut/

Police say they received a tip that Wagshol was trying to buy large-capacity rifle magazines from out of state.

Officials allege Wagshol was attempting to build a rifle with parts bought online. They say a Facebook posting showed his interest in committing a mass shooting.

Authorities say they seized firearms, body armor and other items from Wagshol’s home. They say the firearms are registered to his father.

Girl, 15, arrested for making school shooting threat on Snapchat

The Fresno Police Department said it received a call from the FBI at 5 a.m. on Thursday warning them about a post on Snapchat with a photo of a gun and the message, "Don't come to school tomorrow." The FBI learned of the threat due to a warning from Snapchat.

"The FBI did an incredible job of tracking this information down, did a great job of really doing the leg work in this investigation," Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer said at a press conference Thursday.

"During the course of the investigation we were able to determine that the actual location that the shooting was going to occur was at Edison High School."

Using GPS, police were informed at about 6:30 a.m. that previous posts to that Snapchat account were made from a home in Fresno and officers were immediately dispatched.

In both of these cases, they were able to follow through an internet trail which led to the discovery of the threats and the activities of the users.

But we don't really know if they were actually going to do anything, yet they posted a threat. It's possible that these could have turned out to be mass shootings, but the implication here is that they were stopped because the FBI "did an incredible job." Or maybe they were just drunk or on drugs or just out of their minds when posting.

All these stories about mass shootings seem to be producing some kind copycat effect. Now, more people want in on the action.

shmogie

I came across a couple of articles while browsing the news feed.

https://nypost.com/2019/08/16/man-interested-in-committing-mass-shooting-arrested-in-connecticut/

Girl, 15, arrested for making school shooting threat on Snapchat

In both of these cases, they were able to follow through an internet trail which led to the discovery of the threats and the activities of the users.

But we don't really know if they were actually going to do anything, yet they posted a threat. It's possible that these could have turned out to be mass shootings, but the implication here is that they were stopped because the FBI "did an incredible job." Or maybe they were just drunk or on drugs or just out of their minds when posting.

All these stories about mass shootings seem to be producing some kind copycat effect. Now, more people want in on the action.
Summer seems to bring out the loons and they develop their own killing fads.

A few summers ago it was killing police officers.

Of course, the old summer fallback is always there, riots.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member

Right, it’s the weather that is to blame.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

I remember a movie a saw, two cops were driving in a patrol car. One was complaining about the weather, it was cold and stormy. The other cop commented that the loved this kind of weather. Fewer crimes are committed when the weather is bad.

I imagine even criminals have a preference in being dry and warm.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It seems driving cars into people has become the latest fad attacking First Amendment: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

A Prison Guard Drove A Truck Through A Group Of Jewish ICE Protesters, Injuring Several

Hating our freedoms seems to be a growing "fad" on the right (except for the 2nd, of course).

shmogie

I remember a movie a saw, two cops were driving in a patrol car. One was complaining about the weather, it was cold and stormy. The other cop commented that the loved this kind of weather. Fewer crimes are committed when the weather is bad.

I imagine even criminals have a preference in being dry and warm.
Yes, the heat really jacks them up. In some parts of the big cities folk don´t have A/C, and emotions run raw.

shmogie

No, the weather is not to blame. Hot weather seems to exacerbate some peoples views of what is wrong with their lives.

The history of riots finds that most are in the summer.

Why the crazy sole actors seem to go off in the summer, I have no idea.

shmogie

No, the weather is not to blame. Hot weather seems to exacerbate some peoples views of what is wrong with their lives.

The history of riots finds that most are in the summer.

Why the crazy sole actors seem to go off in the summer, I have no idea.