• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Postal Worker Recants

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
A postal worker has recanted a claim of fraud after the incident was investigated.

Will he lose his job? Should he lose his job, and was this a criminal act?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...b-8599-406466ad1b8e_story.html?outputType=amp
After hours of FBI pressure with no representation?

Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 9.58.17 PM.png

Pennsylvania Mail Carrier Reportedly Recants Allegations On Ballot Tampering; UPDATE: Mail Carrier Rejects Report | The Daily Wire

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Here's what happened.
The investigation committee into this reported the guy lied.
Washing Post reported this.
Guy makes a video saying he did not, but he only references Washington Post and makes no mention of the investigation committee who said it first.
To me, it looks like this guy is trying to play people for fools and assumes we are all too stupid to keep track of things. And here is this from the paparazzi vultures:
Postal Worker Says He Did Not Recant Claims of Backdated Ballots

The House Oversight Committee tweeted the huge development ... noting it's unclear why he lied in the first place.
The far-right org Project Veritas claims to have recordings of the guy being intimidated by investigators into taking back his story. We'll see if that comes out, but for now President Trump's voting fraud smoking gun seems to be firing blanks.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Here's what happened.
The investigation committee into this reported the guy lied.
Washing Post reported this.
Guy makes a video saying he did not, but he only references Washington Post and makes no mention of the investigation committee who said it first.
To me, it looks like this guy is trying to play people for fools and assumes we are all too stupid to keep track of things. And here is this from the paparazzi vultures:
Postal Worker Says He Did Not Recant Claims of Backdated Ballots
It's possible. Can't say it isn't possible... did you see the video of the postman who said I can get some ballots?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
And who Bias Fact checks this website?

Desperation. Let's try to think logically for once. A single postal worker could not "back date" very many ballots. It would take hundreds in Pennsylvania to have an effect. One came forward and recanted. Now he has supposedly taken by his recantation. And somehow this paper has the 'secret FBI tapes' of the interview. How did thy get that?

Plus according to @Shadow Wolf 's source he was disciplined multiple times. There will be a record of his disciplines that could come out in a court case. That some far right media source could get a supposed FBI tape without a court order, not so believable.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It's possible. Can't say it isn't possible... did you see the video of the postman who said I can get some ballots?
No, because it's from a source that simply is just not worth my time. Left or Right, I don't suffer their rubbish propaganda sources.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Last edited:

epronovost

And who Bias Fact checks this website?

The columbia journalism review decribed this website as an "armcahir media analyst" since its not made by professionals. The Polynter Institute does the same and criticised the webstie for not having a scientific method. Neither organism managed to produce a better service though despite their best attempt. Several universities have used this website as a reference for research on "fake news" due to its wide database and the general quality of its content. It offers similar results to its competitor in the domain like NewsGuard and Snopes. In other words, it's reliable, but not always detailed and perfect.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
It's interesting. First they want investigation of fraud. When there is an investigation there is a problem with the investigators. All the while there is a pandemic going on.

I think the holier than thous have a priority problem. They don't want to fix a threat they want to create drama

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It offers similar results to its competitor in the domain like NewsGuard and Snopes.
I've never known Snopes to have any serious issues with accuracy, and it's highly regarded among other fact checker sources. And they list sources, so readers can follow through with what Snopes has published.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
A banana republic is a state occupied, dominated and exploited by a foreign state.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
This stuff gets freakier and freakier with each passing day. We truly look like a banana republic.

View attachment 44915
Not even close.
Banana republic - Wikipedia
In political science, the term banana republic describes a politically unstable country with an economy dependent upon the exportation of a limited-resource product, such as bananas or minerals. In 1901, the American author O. Henry coined the term to describe Honduras and neighbouring countries under economic exploitation by U.S. corporations, such as the United Fruit Company.[1] Typically, a banana republic has a society of extremely stratified social classes, usually a large impoverished working class and a ruling class plutocracy, composed of the business, political, and military elites of that society.[2] The ruling class controls the primary sector of the economy by way of the exploitation of labor;[3] thus, the term banana republic is a pejorative descriptor for a servile dictatorship that abets and supports, for kickbacks, the exploitation of large-scale plantation agriculture, especially banana cultivation.[3]

A banana republic is a country with an economy of state capitalism, whereby the country is operated as a private commercial enterprise for the exclusive profit of the ruling class. Such exploitation is enabled by collusion between the state and favored economic monopolies, in which the profit, derived from the private exploitation of public lands, is private property, while the debts incurred thereby are the financial responsibility of the public treasury. Such an imbalanced economy remains limited by the uneven economic development of town and country, and usually reduces the national currency into devalued banknotes (paper money), rendering the country ineligible for international development credit.[4]

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
A banana republic is a state occupied, dominated and exploited by a foreign state.
Can we add corporations to that list.

"Concentration of media ownership (also known as media consolidation or media convergence) is a process whereby progressively fewer individuals or organizations control increasing shares of the mass media.[1] Contemporary research demonstrates increasing levels of consolidation, with many media industries already highly concentrated and dominated by a very small number of firms."

--Wiki