• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Post your Voice

Daemon Sophic

We have Post your Pic threads, but I’ve always been too shy(paranoid) to let my mugshot appear online. However, earlier today a bright young forumite created a post of their voice, using a website built for recording and posting soundclips.

So for those of willing to try, we can get to hear The Voices Behind the Avatars, without giving away our souls through the dark magic of “photography”. :eek:

I might suggest writing out what you’re to say, and then read it into the microphone (of your computer/phone/ipad/etc....).
Here is a link to the website Vocaroo | Online voice recorder

When you go there, there is a simple red button to record, in the center of the screen. Once you’re done, you press the red button again to stop, and it takes you to a page where you can play back your audio and see if you like it.
Then you can press the big button that says, “save and share”.
That will take you to a page where you can either delete it or copy down the URL so as to share it as a link here in RF.

So, without further ado, here I am.
Vocaroo | Online voice recorder

Last edited:

Orbit

I'm a planet
We have Post your Pic threads, but I’ve always been too shy(paranoid) to let my mugshot appear online. Hoever, earlier today a bright young forumite created a post of their voice, using a website built for recording and posting soundclips.

So for those of willing to try, we can get to hear The Voices Behind the Avatars, without giving away our souls through the dark magic of “photography”. :eek:

I might suggest writing out what you’re to say, and then read it into the microphone (of your computer/phone/ipad/etc....).
Here is a link to the website Vocaroo | Online voice recorder

When you go there, there is a simple red button to record, in the center of the screen. Once you’re done, you press the red button again to stop, and it takes you to a page where you can play back your audio and see if you like it.
Then you can press the big button that says, “save and share”.
That will take you to a page where you can either delete it or copy down the URL so as to share it as a link here in RF.

So, without further ado, here I am.

You can hear my voice here:

Daemon Sophic

You can hear my voice here:
You had a band with a video! :)Very 1980’s to 90’s. (I noticed the date at the end. 1991). So that was you 30 years ago? Cool. :cool:

Hey, I just heard you! Nice voice!
Thank you. :D
How about you?

It would be fun if foreigners like me posted their own voice in their own languages.

Ok I'll start:p

Eccellente!
I only understood the word “ciao” at the end.
Would you care to translate vocally? :)

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Give me a sec to write a poem from two perspectives and I'll switch between my normal voice and my guy voice...in the meantime check this post out: My voice

Daemon Sophic

Give me a sec to write a poem from two perspectives and I'll switch between my normal voice and my guy voice...in the meantime check this post out: My voice
That would be great! You, of course, are the forum member (and your thread) I alluded to in the OP.:)

Thank you for bringing the Vocaroo site to my attention.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
For those with issues understanding speech:
Trigger warning: speaks of suicide

I tried to tell you
I am sorry it had to be this way
To see me in the open grave

Didn't you know
I'd love you in any form
Male or female, or other
It doesn't matter to me
But you didn't have to leave​
Who I was
Was quite the sin
I could not change
No matter how hard I tried
I could never be the woman
They wanted me to be

The bible never speaks
Of transgender people
Only of crossdressing
Such an outdated book
I am sorry
They tried to change you
In face of modern science...​
I can't take the hate anymore
I'll disappear
Swallow a bunch of pills
My last words are this:
I'll love you always.

I was too late to save you
I am sorry my love
It didn't have to be this way.

I'll title it: A Suicide Note.

Last edited:

Daemon Sophic

For those with issues understanding speech:
Trigger warning: speaks of suicide

I tried to tell you
I am sorry it had to be this way
To see me in the open grave

Didn't you know
I'd love you in any form
Male or female, or other
It doesn't matter to me
But you didn't have to leave​
Who I was
Was quite the sin
I could not change
No matter how hard I tried
I could never be the woman
They wanted me to be

The bible never speaks
Of transgender people
Only of crossdressing
Such an outdated book
I am sorry
They tried to change you
In face of modern science...​
I can't take the hate anymore
I'll disappear
Swallow a bunch of pills
My last words are this:
I'll love you always.

I was too late to save you
I am sorry my love
It didn't have to be this way.

I'll title it: A Suicide Note.
Thank you.
I know from your other thread that you are experimenting with choosing a voice to use in public. Best of luck with that.
I also hope that your poem and your choice of topics for the poem are out of curiosity and artistic appreciation rather than intent.
I would say to you what many others, including my own mom, have said many times before.
“Where there is life, there is hope.”

Of course the corollary to that is often misunderstood by those who feel hopeless. They often consider that ‘where there is no hope, there should be no life.’ And that is undeniably wrong. :facepalm:
The correct corollary is that, “Only after there is no life, is there no longer any hope.” :(

I hope that I’m not making a mountain out of a mole hill here. I certainly recall that in my teenage years, the theme song from the television series M.A.S.H. was one of my favorites; although I personally never felt a desire to commit suicide. It was just artistic appreciation, and a study in human psyche. :shrug:

Qapla’!​