• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Post your meditation music here

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Seems like a lot of the the music from the epic fantasy genre (movies, games, TV shows) works well for meditating.

This is one of my favorites:

Yep, the Lord of the Rings trilogy, Skyrim, Assassin's Creed II, and Shadow of the Colossus all contain music that I use for meditation.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Yep, the Lord of the Rings trilogy, Skyrim, Assassin's Creed II, and Shadow of the Colossus all contain music that I use for meditation.
First time I ever heard this song was when you posted it here years and years ago, and it's still one of my favorites:

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I wish I could meditate,a friend of mine is a yoga teacher,she’s been trying to teach me how but not much luck yet,Zen who used to post on here said “close the mind” but can’t seem to do that,I’ll keep trying though.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I wish I could meditate,a friend of mine is a yoga teacher,she’s been trying to teach me how but not much luck yet,Zen who used to post on here said “close the mind” but can’t seem to do that,I’ll keep trying though.
If a closed mind was a requirement for enlightenment this place would be the internet equivalent of the Shaolin temple. :D

@England my lionheart I find it's a lot easier to still my emotions then it is to still my mind, and once I do my mind settles down with them.

Emotions are the wind that keeps the pinwheel of my mind spinning. :D

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
If a closed mind was a requirement for enlightenment this place would be the internet equivalent of the Shaolin temple. :D

@England my lionheart I find it's a lot easier to still my emotions then it is to still my mind, and once I do my mind settles down with them.

Emotions are the wind that keeps the pinwheel of my mind spinning. :D

Ah my bad,that’s what Zen said,”still the mind” not close it,it’s a work in progress,maybe my teacher is just too hot lol,she’s an ex girlfriend too but I’ll get there,hope your well.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Ah my bad,that’s what Zen said,”still the mind” not close it,it’s a work in progress,maybe my teacher is just too hot lol,she’s an ex girlfriend too but I’ll get there,hope your well.
I'm good, Robert. Hope you are too. :)

I've given up on trying to still my mind directly. Anytime I try it always reminds me of this scene from Rocky where he's trying to catch a chicken:

But if I focus on my feelings instead of my thoughts, and let those settle down (deep breaths help), the part of my mind that thinks Doesn't have anything to motivate it and settles down too.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I'm good, Robert. Hope you are too. :)

I've given up on trying to still my mind directly. Anytime I try it always reminds me of this scene from Rocky where he's trying to catch a chicken:

But if I focus on my feelings instead of my thoughts, and let those settle down (deep breaths help), the part of my mind that thinks Doesn't have anything to motivate it and settles down too.

Thanks for that mate,I’ll give it a go.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I like Tibetan singing bowls but I hate stereotypes that designates a particular music venue as meditation.

I meditate listening to the Stones or having lounge/elevator music.

Probably the best for me in general is anything instrumental or ambient.