• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

post your holy book

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Post a picture of your copy of your religion's holy book!

Here's one of mine:

20221207_131122.jpg

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Seeing as this is in the jokes forum i feel that's i can safely post the book that taught me so much about life

Although not religious this book, along with all the other in rhe series are a mine of observations on the human condition tempered with a quirky humour which to me, as an atheist is as close to a holy book as I'm ever going to get

download (6).jpeg

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Yes i know but it was the jokes part that allowed me to post the pic and a quick description of why i posted
I think it would have been legitimate for you to post that book if this thread was in a non-joke forum

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Seeing as this is in the jokes forum i feel that's i can safely post the book that taught me so much about life

Although not religious this book, along with all the other in rhe series are a mine of observations on the human condition tempered with a quirky humour which to me, as an atheist is as close to a holy book as I'm ever going to get

View attachment 69237

If we're going to make this interesting...
Which particular book did you find the most insightful or thought provoking?
Or if not book, which story arc, perhaps?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
If we're going to make this interesting...
Which particular book did you find the most insightful or thought provoking?
Or if not book, which story arc, perhaps?

The first time is the one you remember, the colour of magic had a big impression on me as a teen reading her first ever book. How relationships can grow or become fraught. It, along with others also helped hone my sense of humour

How about you as a Pratchett reader, has his work had any influence on you?

simpy by ones place of living.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
The first time is the one you remember, the colour of magic had a big impression on me as a teen reading her first ever book. How relationships can grow or become fraught simpy by ones place of living.

I liked Pratchett, but once I started reading the Vimes books, I loved Pratchett.