• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Post-truth is pre-fascism"

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
A millionaire already? He’ll be wealthier than Trump in no time. ;)

I bought my "Sue Donald for Damages Legal Forms Kit" off the Barnes and Noble website just yesterday. I can't wait to plaster him with as many lawsuits as he himself plastered the courts trying to overthrow the election. Best of all, each one of mine will be every bit as sound as his were.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Surprise !

That vox bio came from the very link you posted.

Not very impressive or in depth to say the least.

I don't think he's trying to hide anything. If you want to know more about Sean Illing, you could try searching the internet. You really don't need to sit around complaining you don't have enough information to go on these days. Try a search! I have faith in you. I believe you can do it!

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Trump's support among religious Christians has always baffled me. Doesn't the Bible condemn the rich in many different passages?
If the rich are detested of God and condemned to Hell, why would any Christian laud them, much less follow them as leaders?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Trump's support among religious Christians has always baffled me. Doesn't the Bible condemn the rich in many different passages?
If the rich are detested of God and condemned to Hell, why would any Christian laud them, much less follow them as leaders?
Not if your an evangelist aggressively touting prosperity gospel. Those mega-churches litter the whole expanse of the Bible belt and beyond even, which I think were among the main support base, including as well the Baptists, which are the undisputed warhawks of all of Christianity.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

Not if your an evangelist aggressively touting prosperity gospel.
The rich are not detested in the scriptures as long as they are very generous.

Also, so many of the "Evangelical" churches are of the health & wealth "gospel", conveniently forgetting what happened with Jesus and most of the apostles, who died prematurely. IMO, I put them into the category of "snake-oil salesmen", thus fleecing their flock with visions of grandeur.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The rich are not detested in the scriptures as long as they are very generous..
Yet the Bible makes it clear that the rich have as much chance of making it into Heaven as a camel does of passing through a needle's eye. Ie: they're all condemnd to Hell -- detested of God.

It's a wonder so many good Christians strive for this; to "lay up their treasures on Earth."

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Yet the Bible makes it clear that the rich have as much chance of making it into Heaven as a camel does of passing through a needle's eye. Ie: they're all condemnd to Hell -- detested of God.
Matt.19[24]"it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God".

The "Eye of the Needle" was a gate in Jerusalem, and in order to camels to be led through that gate the rider had to get off the camel and the camel had to literally go through on its knees. Jesus then explains that it is possible for the rich to get into heaven but that it is difficult:
Mark 10[24-27]The disciples were amazed at his words. But Jesus said again, “Children, how hard it is to enter the kingdom of God! It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

The disciples were even more amazed, and said to each other, “Who then can be saved?”

Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.”