• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Post anything that you feel odd about God.

chinu

chinu
In this thread.

Kindly note: no need to refrain from anything excluding RF rules before posting in this thread.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
He sent his son to die on the cross to save us from himself rather than just changing the rules himself on salvation and letting people know. Seems like something very showy and attention seeking for solving a small problem.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
God is an imaginary friend for grown-ups.

Only kidding - I am in a funny moood!

When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bike, until I realized the Lord doesn’t work that way.

So I stole one and asked Him to forgive me instead.

More dubious jokes here - but not for those who have an aversion to four-letter-words!

30 Sinfully Hilarious Religious Jokes And Puns

Cheers!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Whats odd is the wanton need to consistantly prove something over and over again that is purported to be self evident.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
The fact that God created all of us wonderful individuals(meaning everyone in the world), so unique, so varied, and then threw us all in together...

Well, I think that proves he/she/it has a sense of humor.

74x12

He sent his son to die on the cross to save us from himself rather than just changing the rules himself on salvation and letting people know. Seems like something very showy and attention seeking for solving a small problem.
To save us from Himself or ourselves?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
To save us from Himself or ourselves?

God makes the rules and exceptions. It's just odd this particular exception had to involve coming to make himself tryed and killed. He could have come to answer questions in a clear fashion and teach without going to all this. And said by the way, there is a new covenant.

MNoBody

EMpklNSXUAENA-4.jpg
but but seriously though, to address all the oddities would take more space to type out than the fingers are willing to.
cheers:)

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
In this thread.

Kindly note: no need to refrain from anything excluding RF rules before posting in this thread.
Post anything that you feel odd about God.

That God, being perfect (just see the perfection of the universe), so not odd, creates humans who "feel odd about God"

chinu

chinu
Do you know what salvation is ?

chinu

chinu
Christian salvation is something Christians talk as life changing and "devil is in the details", but won't help me and that I don't really see as a huge gift.
Lets leave Christian salvation, or any religion salvation behind and just talk about only salvation. What you think salvation is, or like ?

chinu

chinu
I wouldn't know what heaven is truly like. So I'll just say it sounds positive.
Okay let me tell what I believe heaven is.

I believe, heaven is more like a "state-of-affair" rather a place. All souls reside in that "state-of-affair" altogether like -- drops altogether making the one big sea. This state of affair is away from time, hence NO room for boredom there.

chinu

chinu
The fact that God created all of us wonderful individuals(meaning everyone in the world), so unique, so varied, and then threw us all in together...

Well, I think that proves he/she/it has a sense of humor.
He threw, or we came here with our own will. How do you know ? :)

chinu

chinu
That God, being perfect (just see the perfection of the universe), so not odd, creates humans who "feel odd about God"
For whatever reason people remember God. Remembrance is more important than reason, I believe :)

(A) and (B) two good friends use to meet each other every morning in the park. (A) everyday use to visit church for prayers. Whereas, (B) everyday use to visit red-light-area. Both use to tell each other about the interesting stories of their places that they visited everyday.

One day both died. Good/bad deeds were calculated. (B) was surprised to know that his account was full of good deeds, whereas, (A) was shocked to know that his account contain only bad deeds. Both were surprised and confused -- Is there any miscalculation they asked ?

Said God; NO, there's no miscalculation. (B) use to visit red-light-area, but, his mind use to visit God/Church everyday, hence, good deeds accumulated. Whereas (A) visited church, but his mind use to visit red-light-area everyday, hence, bad deeds accumulated.

Moral: Important is where our mind is, NOT the body :)