• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Possibly Confused and Saying Hello

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Tony for some reason I'd like to talk to you - you look so happy. Is that a wrong reason? But your smile is so welcoming thank you I wish I was as content as you appear to be.

To me, to be happy is the foundation of all Faith. How can we not be happy if God is the goal? What a gift of life we have been given.

I wish you always well and happy, even if we have challenging views, it is indeed a worthy reason to chat.

Regards Tony

ManSinha

Tony for some reason I'd like to talk to you - you look so happy. Is that a wrong reason? But your smile is so welcoming thank you I wish I was as content as you appear to be.

This individual is right - he is confused :D (kidding - since it is the start of the w/e here)

Welcome @Sera Taru

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Thank you for the kind welcomes.

I've been banned or vilified from other forums because I am too controversial. Warn you now I don't think I'm a bad person but I seem to post when I drink (at weekends to get away from the stress of work). I don't intend to hurt, but I'm old enough to realise I *do* hurt others. This is maybe a disclaimer...I do want some Christian conversation at some level with people I might relate to.

Welcome to RF. The main rule here is to be polite. There are a lot of viewpoints on this site and we attempt to keep all discussions polite. Don't attack people: discuss ideas. Be careful of debating in the non-debate forums and only ask polite questions in the DIRs that you don't identify with.

Here are the rules: RF Rules

Enjoy!

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Yea very much so - divorce, substance abuse, suicide attempts, the usual it seems these days...I am not an easy person to talk to - especially on t'internet. I've posted here in the hopes of not debating publicly (if my experience of CF is anything to go by then a bad move :p) but maybe starting dialogue with a few sincere people who can endure my issues and confusion. I can be very direct, as we say in Ireland "I call a spade a spade".

We Aussies certainly are known for calling a spade a spade.....welcome, and I hope you have many happy shovels. :D Depending on what you are shoveling, of course. :p

Sera Taru

Apologies Tony I suppose I wanted a private chat, instead of being happy and God is the result.

I am not happy. I have a job so pressured it's not even funny, a wife recovering from cancer and about 20 things I could tell you about. Nevermind the migraines that started with my first memories of being abused.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Apologies Tony I suppose I wanted a private chat, instead of being happy and God is the result.

I am not happy. I have a job so pressured it's not even funny, a wife recovering from cancer and about 20 things I could tell you about. Nevermind the migraines that started with my first memories of being abused.

That sounds like some journey you are on. We all in some way share the challenges this world faces. My wife suffered abuse from a very early age and that really destroys a child's chance of having a happy outlook, it assisted her to have a lot of very gloomy years right into chronic manic depression. She has proved It is possible to climb out and find the sunshine in all things.

If you are feeling down, we are here to offer any hope we can, to you and all.

All the best and Regards Tony

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I've been banned or vilified from other forums because I am too controversial.
Join the crowd. :rolleyes: But in my case it is because of my religion which is just to much for the atheist and Christian forum owners to handle, so they try to monitor me by putting me on moderation. I just left a forum again because I won't tolerate that kind of injustice.

InChrist

Free4ever
Thank you for the kind welcomes.

I've been banned or vilified from other forums because I am too controversial. Warn you now I don't think I'm a bad person but I seem to post when I drink (at weekends to get away from the stress of work). I don't intend to hurt, but I'm old enough to realise I *do* hurt others. This is maybe a disclaimer...I do want some Christian conversation at some level with people I might relate to.
As an atheist what kind of conversations do you like to have with Christians?

PureX

Veteran Member
Hello,

I used to be a youth pastor. As a result of "stuff" many years later but I'm confused. Just wanted to register and say hello for some reason.

Thanks
Confusion is good, if we can allow it to lead us to a new and better understanding of ourselves.

Welcome.