• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Possible world wide revolution?

Theweirdtophat

I always felt that it would be needed to make real changes to help root out all of the corrupt officials in our world. It's explain better in this video but thinking of making more. I understand it won't appeal to everyone and there will be more coming. It's best to research information to find out what is really going on with our world.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I think there is a more parsimonious explanation than "shadow government". The cleaner, simpler explanation is "oligarchy". Oligarch do not need to conspire. All they need to do is direct their legions of lawyers to figure out ways to game the system. I would agree that we can see commonalities in the behaviors of different oligarchs, but again, that's because they all use lawyers to skew the system in their direction.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I think there is a more parsimonious explanation than "shadow government". The cleaner, simpler explanation is "oligarchy". Oligarch do not need to conspire. All they need to do is direct their legions of lawyers to figure out ways to game the system. I would agree that we can see commonalities in the behaviors of different oligarchs, but again, that's because they all use lawyers to skew the system in their direction.
In other terms "their interests automatically align"

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I always felt that it would be needed to make real changes to help root out all of the corrupt officials in our world. It's explain better in this video but thinking of making more. I understand it won't appeal to everyone and there will be more coming. It's best to research information to find out what is really going on with our world.

I'd like to think that there could be a world-wide revolution, or at least some semblance of world unity under a coalition government of some sort.

I've looked at history and our current situation, although it's hard to truly research what is really going on in this world since it's impossible to see what's inside men's hearts. The only thing we can look at is the results and impact on society, or as the Bible might say "you will know them by their fruits."

Without really identifying the cause or who's behind it, I will say that, whoever is running the world, they've been doing a lousy job of it lately. I'm not really that devoted to illusory ideals such as "freedom" or "democracy," but even tyrants have to do some things right once in a while. If they're doing a bad job of it, then it shows.

If they're utterly incompetent and/or out of touch with their own people, then they invariably lose whatever hold they had and fall out of power. That's what happened to Louis XVI, Nicholas II, Kaiser Wilhelm, and the Nationalist Chinese government - among others.

Of course, there are those in the West who will say that we're far better off now than we were in previous eras, as well as point out that many of us are living far better than much of the rest of the world which still lives in primitive squalor.

Many in the West fear a world government for that reason, since they sense it would entail a global redistribution of resources - among other things. Many fear that there's not enough to go around already in a world with a population of nearly 7.5 billion and growing. There's no historical precedent for this; we've never had this many people on the planet at one time.

Being to produce enough food and having the means to transport it and distribute it seems quite daunting enough on a national scale, let alone a global scale. A lot of people have criticized what is done with the food supply - corporate farms replacing family farms, the use pesticides and other chemicals, along with huge food processing plants. But we've increased food production and made it less labor intensive. With modern methods, fewer numbers of people have to toil in the fields like they did in past centuries.

All that aside, I have to admit I've given up on the idea that there will be any kind of revolution, at least not anything that would originate in the West. Back when I was a kid, I heard a lot of people talk about "revolution" like it was just around the corner. It was all over popular culture and talked about, at least in an abstract, theoretical way.

During the 60s and 70s, there was a noticeable loss of faith among many. The older institutions were being widely rejected, tradition was being scorned, and more people stopped believing in many of the ideals they had been taught about this country and our way of life. This was true for both left and right.

The left had a natural mistrust of the wealthy elite, the corporations, and the military-industrial complex, among other elements of society (religion was another one). The right, sensing that their institutions and way of life were being attacked and falling by the wayside, also developed a mistrust of the elite in that they felt they were selling America down the river. Both sides had overriding fears of another world war which could go nuclear. Both left and right had a certain number of violent extremists and radicals who supported, at least in theory, the idea of violently overthrowing the government.

I've noticed that such sentiments have subsided and diminished to quite a degree in the intervening decades between then and no. I think the so-called "Reagan Revolution" might have satisfied the right to such a degree that most of them fell in line with the government, while the left was somewhat divided and confused - and they probably never really had the stomach for revolution in the first place.

Public perceptions of the military were also somewhat "rehabilitated" since the days of the Vietnam War when people saw them as "baby killers." Once again, people saw them as heroes and defenders of our "freedom" (such as it is). There was definitely a noticeable shift that was taking place, as patriotism had enjoyed a resurgence (which has lasted to the present day), and there was also clearly a milder form of "red scare" that was going on (although not quite as bad as the McCarthy era).

But throughout all this, things still managed to hold together. The grocery stores continued to be stocked with food. Most people still had cars and the gas to operate them (despite shortages and massive price jumps which ruffled a lot of feathers - but not enough to lead to upheaval). People still had plenty of entertainment, luxuries, comforts.

Young people in suburbia weren't really as politically active as their 50s and 60s counterparts, but they did embrace the sex, drugs, and rock & roll with somewhat reckless abandon. Crime was skyrocketing, leading many to start putting bars on their windows, forming neighborhood watch programs, and wanting to take a tougher stance on crime. As a result, the police were no longer the "pigs" they were once thought of, and they also became heroes and defenders in the eyes of the public once again.

I think the general attitude from people I talk to is that, they're seemingly aware that things are not what they seem, but they're at a point where they're comfortably numb and materially contented - for the most part. They might believe in the back of their minds that someday, the S. might hit the fan, but until that happens, few people see much reason or cause to rock the boat in any way. Despite whatever corruption or odd shenanigans may take place in the upper echelons of power, people seem relatively content and provided for.

Some might see that as irresponsible complacency, apathy, and a cynical form of tolerance of a corrupted government, but many believe that what we have now is as good as it gets. Many people also concede that the government and ruling class are far too powerful - with technology and tools to monitor/surveil the population and an extremely potent arsenal of weapons. And even if some would-be revolutionaries were ambitious enough and motivated enough to put together some sort of potent fighting force of his own, it would likely end up being a bloodbath.

I can't say that I would blame too many people for wanting to avoid that or to not participate in such a thing. Revolutions can actually be pretty messy. I think people look back on our own American Revolution with a certain quaint sentimentality, but even that was a pretty nasty affair when you really come down to it.

As long as most people's bellies are full, they have a roof over their heads, the lights keep working, and the basic elements of society hold together well enough to at least maintain the lifestyle we currently have - then I don't think very many people truly care about whatever games of power are being played by those at the top.

Even if "9/11 was an inside job," as many people claim, there might be many more who may even believe that, yet don't really care all that much. That's the sad truth of it all. Most seem relatively satisfied with their lives. Even if they know that things could be much better, they can also look around at the rest of the world and how most of the world's population lives and be graphically reminded that things could also be much, much worse.

In the long term, I can sense that there will be some consequences as the world's population levels continue to rise and the resource base becomes more and more depleted. Not to mention the loss of arable farm land and even possible shortages of fresh water. There will be environmental pressures from climate change as well, along with a great deal of geopolitical instability. There's a greater likelihood of a world war than a world revolution.

I think the only way the planet will ever be united is if some enterprising world leader becomes hellbent on world conquest, conquers the entire world, and sets up a unified regime which rules over the entire globe. It would likely be an iron-fisted tyranny and a pretty crappy deal for most humans...but after a few centuries, it might progress into a far better society in the long run.

That may be something that people instinctively need. They don't really want shadow governments. They need a "man of the people," a "Caesar" to rise up among the oligarchs, kill off all the other oligarchs, and become supreme ruler. That's the inevitable result anyway - among a government of pirates, cutthroats, and thieves. Thieves always fall out and start fighting with each other. We can see signs of this happening with the perceived decline in civil discourse in this country, along with some uglier, more incendiary rhetoric being floated about these days.

Anyway, those are more long-winded thoughts on the ideas you raised regarding the possibility of revolution. It was a good video, and you made some good observations.

Theweirdtophat

I'd like to think that there could be a world-wide revolution, or at least some semblance of world unity under a coalition government of some sort.

I've looked at history and our current situation, although it's hard to truly research what is really going on in this world since it's impossible to see what's inside men's hearts. The only thing we can look at is the results and impact on society, or as the Bible might say "you will know them by their fruits."

Without really identifying the cause or who's behind it, I will say that, whoever is running the world, they've been doing a lousy job of it lately. I'm not really that devoted to illusory ideals such as "freedom" or "democracy," but even tyrants have to do some things right once in a while. If they're doing a bad job of it, then it shows.

If they're utterly incompetent and/or out of touch with their own people, then they invariably lose whatever hold they had and fall out of power. That's what happened to Louis XVI, Nicholas II, Kaiser Wilhelm, and the Nationalist Chinese government - among others.

Of course, there are those in the West who will say that we're far better off now than we were in previous eras, as well as point out that many of us are living far better than much of the rest of the world which still lives in primitive squalor.

Many in the West fear a world government for that reason, since they sense it would entail a global redistribution of resources - among other things. Many fear that there's not enough to go around already in a world with a population of nearly 7.5 billion and growing. There's no historical precedent for this; we've never had this many people on the planet at one time.

Being to produce enough food and having the means to transport it and distribute it seems quite daunting enough on a national scale, let alone a global scale. A lot of people have criticized what is done with the food supply - corporate farms replacing family farms, the use pesticides and other chemicals, along with huge food processing plants. But we've increased food production and made it less labor intensive. With modern methods, fewer numbers of people have to toil in the fields like they did in past centuries.

All that aside, I have to admit I've given up on the idea that there will be any kind of revolution, at least not anything that would originate in the West. Back when I was a kid, I heard a lot of people talk about "revolution" like it was just around the corner. It was all over popular culture and talked about, at least in an abstract, theoretical way.

During the 60s and 70s, there was a noticeable loss of faith among many. The older institutions were being widely rejected, tradition was being scorned, and more people stopped believing in many of the ideals they had been taught about this country and our way of life. This was true for both left and right.

The left had a natural mistrust of the wealthy elite, the corporations, and the military-industrial complex, among other elements of society (religion was another one). The right, sensing that their institutions and way of life were being attacked and falling by the wayside, also developed a mistrust of the elite in that they felt they were selling America down the river. Both sides had overriding fears of another world war which could go nuclear. Both left and right had a certain number of violent extremists and radicals who supported, at least in theory, the idea of violently overthrowing the government.

I've noticed that such sentiments have subsided and diminished to quite a degree in the intervening decades between then and no. I think the so-called "Reagan Revolution" might have satisfied the right to such a degree that most of them fell in line with the government, while the left was somewhat divided and confused - and they probably never really had the stomach for revolution in the first place.

Public perceptions of the military were also somewhat "rehabilitated" since the days of the Vietnam War when people saw them as "baby killers." Once again, people saw them as heroes and defenders of our "freedom" (such as it is). There was definitely a noticeable shift that was taking place, as patriotism had enjoyed a resurgence (which has lasted to the present day), and there was also clearly a milder form of "red scare" that was going on (although not quite as bad as the McCarthy era).

But throughout all this, things still managed to hold together. The grocery stores continued to be stocked with food. Most people still had cars and the gas to operate them (despite shortages and massive price jumps which ruffled a lot of feathers - but not enough to lead to upheaval). People still had plenty of entertainment, luxuries, comforts.

Young people in suburbia weren't really as politically active as their 50s and 60s counterparts, but they did embrace the sex, drugs, and rock & roll with somewhat reckless abandon. Crime was skyrocketing, leading many to start putting bars on their windows, forming neighborhood watch programs, and wanting to take a tougher stance on crime. As a result, the police were no longer the "pigs" they were once thought of, and they also became heroes and defenders in the eyes of the public once again.

I think the general attitude from people I talk to is that, they're seemingly aware that things are not what they seem, but they're at a point where they're comfortably numb and materially contented - for the most part. They might believe in the back of their minds that someday, the S. might hit the fan, but until that happens, few people see much reason or cause to rock the boat in any way. Despite whatever corruption or odd shenanigans may take place in the upper echelons of power, people seem relatively content and provided for.

Some might see that as irresponsible complacency, apathy, and a cynical form of tolerance of a corrupted government, but many believe that what we have now is as good as it gets. Many people also concede that the government and ruling class are far too powerful - with technology and tools to monitor/surveil the population and an extremely potent arsenal of weapons. And even if some would-be revolutionaries were ambitious enough and motivated enough to put together some sort of potent fighting force of his own, it would likely end up being a bloodbath.

I can't say that I would blame too many people for wanting to avoid that or to not participate in such a thing. Revolutions can actually be pretty messy. I think people look back on our own American Revolution with a certain quaint sentimentality, but even that was a pretty nasty affair when you really come down to it.

As long as most people's bellies are full, they have a roof over their heads, the lights keep working, and the basic elements of society hold together well enough to at least maintain the lifestyle we currently have - then I don't think very many people truly care about whatever games of power are being played by those at the top.

Even if "9/11 was an inside job," as many people claim, there might be many more who may even believe that, yet don't really care all that much. That's the sad truth of it all. Most seem relatively satisfied with their lives. Even if they know that things could be much better, they can also look around at the rest of the world and how most of the world's population lives and be graphically reminded that things could also be much, much worse.

In the long term, I can sense that there will be some consequences as the world's population levels continue to rise and the resource base becomes more and more depleted. Not to mention the loss of arable farm land and even possible shortages of fresh water. There will be environmental pressures from climate change as well, along with a great deal of geopolitical instability. There's a greater likelihood of a world war than a world revolution.

I think the only way the planet will ever be united is if some enterprising world leader becomes hellbent on world conquest, conquers the entire world, and sets up a unified regime which rules over the entire globe. It would likely be an iron-fisted tyranny and a pretty crappy deal for most humans...but after a few centuries, it might progress into a far better society in the long run.

That may be something that people instinctively need. They don't really want shadow governments. They need a "man of the people," a "Caesar" to rise up among the oligarchs, kill off all the other oligarchs, and become supreme ruler. That's the inevitable result anyway - among a government of pirates, cutthroats, and thieves. Thieves always fall out and start fighting with each other. We can see signs of this happening with the perceived decline in civil discourse in this country, along with some uglier, more incendiary rhetoric being floated about these days.

Anyway, those are more long-winded thoughts on the ideas you raised regarding the possibility of revolution. It was a good video, and you made some good observations.

There can be many ways one can be united. Some have said a major crisis would have to occur such as an alien invasion of some sort. Which would work, and some had said governments plant to stage a fake invasion in order to get everyone united and conquered at the same time.

I do think if every single country knew EXACTLY what their governments did, what they are doing and what they plan to do, there would be a gigantic revolt. I would hope it would be riots even though that may happen because people would be so angry. But riots don't help, they just destroy. I'm more concerned about getting the people out of power. But it needs to be more than just America. Every single corrupt leader and the ones backing them up would need to be removed otherwise the cycle would start over again pretty quickly. Every single base supposedly hiding aliens would need to be uncovered, including the ones near north pole and antarctica, which has a lot of topics behind it from former navy and military officers who discovered things. Some mention the old nazi bases being in there but others say alien bases are there, which probably would explain why it's heavily guarded there. Some say Antarctica IS Atlantis and governments are secretly using it's technology in combination with alien tech. They wouldn't release it to the public of course. as it gives them an unfair advantage over others.

I do agree with your points. I sometimes wonder how come there are so many people on this planet despite all the diseases, crimes and war. Some had mention they plan to wipe out most of humanity in the future because it will be easier to control which makes sense. I feel that if the elite are defeated, we will have learned that many of our wars were false flags in an attempt for leaders to gain more power for themselves as well as bankers. There will be far less wars which means far more people. People would need to stop having children for some time or we would need to gain advanced technology enough to terraform planets and move to other planets like Mars and Venus. But that would take time too. It's possible but even if we don't fully understand it with new secret advanced tech that the government is hiding, it will at least give us a better frame of reference.

I am happy you liked the video and will continue to make more :) Some involving the religious spiritual side and the end times and connections to it.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
There can be many ways one can be united. Some have said a major crisis would have to occur such as an alien invasion of some sort. Which would work, and some had said governments plant to stage a fake invasion in order to get everyone united and conquered at the same time.

Yeah, I can see that as a possibility as well. Some people say that the government is already in contact with aliens, although that also falls into the realm of "wacko conspiracy theories." However, the common pretext for such secrecy is that, the government is looking out for the people's interests by keeping it secret, since it would lead to a world-wide panic if people were told there were aliens among us.

My view is that if the government did admit to alien contact, people would not necessarily panic, although they might see the aliens as potential saviors of Earth - someone with the power to free humans from the tyranny of their present governments. That's what governments fear more than an actual "panic," in my view.

I do think if every single country knew EXACTLY what their governments did, what they are doing and what they plan to do, there would be a gigantic revolt. I would hope it would be riots even though that may happen because people would be so angry. But riots don't help, they just destroy.

I think people sense what their governments are doing - at least from the perspective of how governmental actions impact upon the common people. As far as actually *knowing* what governments are doing behind closed doors, that becomes the realm of "conspiracy theory."

People riot for any number of reasons - oftentimes if some personal need is not being met, such as with food riots or labor riots. Many riots occur when the government is seen as abusing their power, such as times when the police kill unarmed people of color. If people feel their voices aren't being heard and if normal civil discourse doesn't seem to work, then rioting usually follows. Especially with police shootings, there is often a lack of transparency and stonewalling by governmental authorities, which makes people believe that the government has no interest in justice or enforcing their own laws.

I'm more concerned about getting the people out of power. But it needs to be more than just America. Every single corrupt leader and the ones backing them up would need to be removed otherwise the cycle would start over again pretty quickly. Every single base supposedly hiding aliens would need to be uncovered, including the ones near north pole and antarctica, which has a lot of topics behind it from former navy and military officers who discovered things. Some mention the old nazi bases being in there but others say alien bases are there, which probably would explain why it's heavily guarded there. Some say Antarctica IS Atlantis and governments are secretly using it's technology in combination with alien tech. They wouldn't release it to the public of course. as it gives them an unfair advantage over others.

I've heard some talk about the Nazis allegedly having bases in Antarctica, as well as rumors of alien bases. Who can say for certain? All I can say is that I've never seen any such bases.

But yeah, I agree that about getting the corrupt leaders out of power, but in America, it's an ongoing cycle. Presidents don't serve for life, they only get a maximum of 8 years. We get a new congress every two years, but nothing ever really seems to change for the better. There have been revolutions in the past, which often promise hope and a better future, but something always tends to go awry. There's the idea that "power corrupts," so even if someone rises to power for all the right reasons and has all kinds of idealistic plans for a better society - something still happens along the way.

I can see how it might happen. An idealistic revolutionary might come to power, yet possibly surrounded by less idealistic and more power-hungry types who would be ready to dispose of the idealist to form a tyranny. Or, even an idealist might get frustrated by the actual nuts-and-bolts of what actually has to be done, encountering opposition, complaints, and obstructionism - they might just slam down their fist and become a tyrant by default because there's nothing else they can do.

I do agree with your points. I sometimes wonder how come there are so many people on this planet despite all the diseases, crimes and war. Some had mention they plan to wipe out most of humanity in the future because it will be easier to control which makes sense. I feel that if the elite are defeated, we will have learned that many of our wars were false flags in an attempt for leaders to gain more power for themselves as well as bankers. There will be far less wars which means far more people. People would need to stop having children for some time or we would need to gain advanced technology enough to terraform planets and move to other planets like Mars and Venus. But that would take time too. It's possible but even if we don't fully understand it with new secret advanced tech that the government is hiding, it will at least give us a better frame of reference.

I am happy you liked the video and will continue to make more :) Some involving the religious spiritual side and the end times and connections to it.

Well, if they wanted fewer people on the planet, they could have planned better 100-150 years ago. That's what is so ironic about it all. Ultimately, I think those in power - even as wealthy and powerful as they may be - they're still just human beings who think impulsively, emotionally, and without much long-term planning.

That's why things are starting to unravel these days, because those in power didn't really think about what they were doing before they did it.

Kinda makes one wonder how such addle-headed people ever became rich and powerful in the first place. They must have been born into it, but then, there are those who think that aristocrats and bluebloods are a higher order of humanity - genetically and biologically superior to the peasants and the lower classes. It's that kind of thinking which has been the basis of human governments for millennia - even in the supposedly egalitarian USA where "all men are created equal."

Still, I think those who are in power today must be some kind of backward generation, analogous to the character of Fredo Corleone in The Godfather.

MrMrdevincamus

Voice Of The Martyrs Supporter
The problem with a one world system which one day we will have according to prophesy is the government will have far too much power over its citizens. Every since man came together to build civilization all was without much drama until another two or three civilizations popped up. Since then the world has been at war some where someplace. War makes angry people because of an emotion called revenge. Revenge is forever because its generational.

At one time I thought isolationism was a bad thing, but now the world is so mucked up, the best thing for the USA to do is isolate the entire western hemisphere if possible. We would not engage in any war or fighting unless the enemy was crashing down our front door. Nothing else would rate war. We would be independent in everything. Nothing else will work, imo.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It would never happen because it would just screw up people's careers.

Besides, the Doritos are Crisp n tasty, the beer is cold, the television has a warm glow with the broadcast of the big game.

Revolution? Not today.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Yep. Generally speaking, no one needs to invoke conspiracy when incompetence and venality is adequate explanation.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The problem with a one world system which one day we will have according to prophesy is the government will have far too much power over its citizens. Every since man came together to build civilization all was without much drama until another two or three civilizations popped up. Since then the world has been at war some where someplace. War makes angry people because of an emotion called revenge. Revenge is forever because its generational.

At one time I thought isolationism was a bad thing, but now the world is so mucked up, the best thing for the USA to do is isolate the entire western hemisphere if possible. We would not engage in any war or fighting unless the enemy was crashing down our front door. Nothing else would rate war. We would be independent in everything. Nothing else will work, imo.

I think government, as a collective institution, already has too much power over its citizens, although the problem nowadays is that no one has any real power over government. In fact, government itself has become rather amorphous and indefinable, since there are even private sector entities which are seen as having too much power, such as the media, corporations, organized crime, organized religion, etc.

If a private sector mobster has the power to kill someone and get away with it, then they become a de facto "government" - or at least an accepted part of the existing government. Under such circumstances, it's easy to see why the common people might support a single ruler who rules with an iron fist - not necessarily over the peasantry, but over the gentry.

MrMrdevincamus

It would never happen because it would just screw up people's careers.

Besides, the Doritos are Crisp n tasty, the beer is cold, the television has a warm glow with the broadcast of the big game.

Revolution? Not today.

Yes, the human animal loves its pleasures, just like a pig. Don't take that personally Nowhere Man, I am speaking in general terms. Today in the USA, even those that are the worse off economically aren't so bad off they would be willing to die for a better system. That's not so true in other places in the world where a large portion of the population are hungry or actually starving and don't have much hope for a better life. Those 'have-nots' see how well people in the 1st world nations live and they want some of the pie too. Personally, I think abject poverty is a 'motivator' that causes extreme, violent radicalism. Some (not all of course) Muslims that live in the worse parts of the world (economically speaking) are hungry and hopeless enough to die for a better way of life.

MrMrdevincamus

I think government, as a collective institution, already has too much power over its citizens, although the problem nowadays is that no one has any real power over government. In fact, government itself has become rather amorphous and indefinable, since there are even private sector entities which are seen as having too much power, such as the media, corporations, organized crime, organized religion, etc.

If a private sector mobster has the power to kill someone and get away with it, then they become a de facto "government" - or at least an accepted part of the existing government. Under such circumstances, it's easy to see why the common people might support a single ruler who rules with an iron fist - not necessarily over the peasantry, but over the gentry.

I know the title of this thread is about revolution but I was thinking of what the USA could do short of a revolution, or if a revolution should consume the rest of the world. I too want less government, that's one reason I liked the confederacy. The confederacy was against centralized power like we have today. The confederate Constitution allowed each state far more power than the federal government would wield. Of course slavery was and is abhorrent, but those that dislike the south for its slavery practices should remember most iif not all of the Union states practiced slavery until it became unprofitable etc. Slavery would not have lasted much longer in the south anyway even if the south had won the war. Of course most people are against any kind of human bondage, myself included.

To get back to your reply, yes people are weak. As long as they have something to eat they don't like anyone to rock the boat so to speak. I agree that in our free country the mob and to a rising extent the drug gangs are a underground or shadow government. Personally I think that the acceptance of this government etc is a direct result of eroding morals and the family unfit being destroyed by a system that is too lenient with welfare and giveaways, btw that includes corporate welfare. If the USA would rebuild the family unit and improve its morals I am sure welfare etc would go extinct because there would be no need, or little need for it.

MrMrdevincamus

How would we ensure that the good guys come to power after the revolution?

That's a problem bud. I think a similar problem and one history shows is true is after an popular revolution very often the leaders that promised freedom and prosperity to the people become greedy* despots. Lastly on revolutions; sadly they mostly fail. Sadly because usually people will not revolt unless their circumstances are extremely dire. By circumstances I mean their basic humanitarian needs. I would wager 70-80% of citizens are happy with the basics that were spelled out in our bill of rights. I like to think individual people or extended people with bonds (of family and friendship) like neighborhoods of the past sometimes the recent past were in general are good. It's government with its centralized power that institutes wars and sometimes destroys its own people. That said a government has nothing to fear from its citizens unless it becomes excessively greedy.

* Greed.....But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. 8But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. 9Those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. 10For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs..1 Timothy 6:6-10 6

Last edited: