• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Possession - sharing room ?

David1967

Premium Member
Vanakkam,

We often hear/see that possession leads to more or less violent expulsion of whatever is the problem.

But is it possible for a human being to live in relative Harmony with whatever is settled inside?

I would like to hear your opinions or stories of people who have/had an experience like this.

I am not speaking of temporary possession like it can happen in a ritual.

Insights from every religion most welcome, non religious too.

Thank you

Aum Namah Shivaya

Interaction perhaps. Possession as you speak of? I don't really think it possible. Not that I am any kind of expert. Interesting question though.

proudpagan

Vanakkam,

We often hear/see that possession leads to more or less violent expulsion of whatever is the problem.

But is it possible for a human being to live in relative Harmony with whatever is settled inside?

I would like to hear your opinions or stories of people who have/had an experience like this.

Thank you

Aum Namah Shivaya

Begin with these 2 simple but powerful meditations right away -

Aura of Protection -

Breathe in white-gold energy* . You don't need to go into a deep trance with this. Just concentrate on *feeling* the energy enter your being on each inhale and then visualize a powerful brilliant light, like the Sun becoming brighter and brighter with each exhalation.

Affirm: "I am breathing in powerful protective energy. This energy is building an aura of protection around me. This aura protects me at all times in every way."
Say this to yourself five times for five inhales. After this, just concentrate on visualizing and feeling the energy, making it more and more brighter and powerful. Stay with this thought for like 2 min .

Aura Cleaning -

Visualize a bright light all over yourself. Hold this for one or more minutes. It doesn’t take very long.
Now, visualize the light even brighter and more intensified on each of your chakras, like a miniature sun.

That’s all there is to it, for a short working. This exercise can alert you to any negative energy or psychic attacks and prevent them from manifesting.

Do them twice before going to bed and after waking up .

Electra

I believe that you can see this as overshadowing, sounds so much better than 'possess' haha. the spirit doesn't control you in anyway, but if you let go of 'control' of what 'i' want, they can help to move you in the right direction, give you clues, ect. They don't take up 'room' in you aura as such but will start to blend into yours if you let them, or else they will just act more as a channel :)

otherwise if you 'feel' them connected to your body, they may have lached on to your energy and that isn't a helpful way as it can cause pain, so best to go to someone who can help remove :) you can ask but most of the time they are sent by someone else and/or addicted tot he energy

another way they could be connected to you is if they are 'dead' from earth and haven't transitioned yet, if so, it is best for you to find a way to help them transition

willing they are behaving

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
Vanakkam,

THANK YOU oh holy kitten that was helpful. Seriously helpful, so, thank you.

It's absolutely interesting, I was always thinking it settles in and come from inside, but it could be something that somehow "attached" itself ?

As for behaving I am learning and making a lot of effort into keeping in control, repressing, but it is extremely tiring andI know it is not a goodie durable solution.

I don't know what happens but people around me told me. It's not behaving at all, it frightens me.

Would be more comfortable talking privately about details if it is alright

(No, I don't have any mental illness nor taking any médecine or mind altering substances)

Aum namah Shivaya

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Vanakkam,

Thank you

Aum Namah Shivaya
I would avoid any kind of connection! These entities used to be faithful Angels (but are now demons), and may appear caring, even loving (2 Corinthians 11:14), but ultimately they don't have our best interests at heart. -- Jude 1:6; 2 Peter 2:4...compare Genesis 6:1-4; Revelation 12:9, the last sentence.

They are imposters, impostering dead people, and masquerade as anything they wish in a spiritual nature; they can't materialize into fleshly bodies anymore, but they can possess a person, even involuntarily, if a person relaxes their mental control through drugs or other means. Interesting that the Greek word translated drugs, "Pharmakeia", actually means "spiritism"!

Please, be careful! Wish you the best!