1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Possession - sharing room ?

Discussion in 'Paranormal Activities' started by JayaBholenath, Jun 19, 2017.

1. JayaBholenath

JayaBholenath Resident Nagini

Ratings:
    +931
    Religion:
    Hindu
    Vanakkam,

We often hear/see that possession leads to more or less violent expulsion of whatever is the problem.

But is it possible for a human being to live in relative Harmony with whatever is settled inside?

I would like to hear your opinions or stories of people who have/had an experience like this.

I am not speaking of temporary possession like it can happen in a ritual.

Insights from every religion most welcome, non religious too.

Thank you

Aum Namah Shivaya

2. satyaroop

satyaroop Member

Ratings:
    +31
    hello there french lady
    no, I don't believe that it's possible to live in "harmony" in such a situation as you described, in fact it sounds highly undesirable putting it mildly
    it may be that there are some people who have spiritual parasites - entities which have latched on to, or follow a human victim, and such victims are completely unaware that they have these parasites maybe because they don't believe in the supernatural or they can't perceive these entities or they don't know how to rid themselves of these parasites
    it's possible that these parasites affect their victims by causing their victims to have "foreign" "strange" or "alien" thoughts and feelings, thinking or feeling in ways that normally shouldn't be the case
    i guess this can be described as partial possession or mild possession..?
    but to answer your question, i think it's highly undesirable to have stalkers or parasites from the spiritual realms, even being unwaware of these entities and going through life while being infected with such entities is highly undesirable, no harmony here in my opinion

3. Liu

Liu Active Member

Ratings:
    +141
    Religion:
    Satanist / Pantheist
    I've got no personal experiences with this, but most accounts of possession I heard of that were described by occultists were of a form where the entity was invited to the possession by the person possessed.
    And therefore it of course was seen as being based on a harmonic relationship between the two, and for the advantage of both.
    Most often these are just temporary things, only for the duration of the ritual or maybe some hours afterwards, but not necessarily so.

If we are talking about possessions not (or not intentionally) caused/allowed by the person possessed, then that's a different story. Depends on both beings involved, but I would say that at least theoretically a harmonic relationship could occur. It's not the best starting point for one, though, especially since I would assume that an entity possessing someone forcefully would most often be not interested in such.