• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Positive parenting

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Greetings to anyone curious enough 2 click on this thread ...

I hope you are enjoying your time here on the forum - if not, why not turn the pc off and do something completely different as Monty Python might say!

Here's a huge psych site I have maybe mentioned before, Just found this page on parenting and figured I may as well post it and hope it helps some of my loyal readers ...

For a taste -

But there is good news— numerous research-supported tools and strategies are now available for parents. These resources provide a wealth of information for common parenting challenges (i.e., bedtime issues, picky eating, tantrums, behavior problems, risk-taking, etc.); as well as the various learning lessons that are simply part of growing up (i.e., starting school, being respectful, making friends, being responsible, making good choices, etc.).

With its focus on happiness, resilience and positive youth development; the field of positive psychology is particularly pertinent to discussions of effective parenting. Thus, whether you are a parent who’s trying to dodge potential problems; or you are already pulling your hair out— you’ve come to the right place.

Wishing you all the very best if you are a parent.

Ciao

:)