• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Positive Manipulation

Heyo

Veteran Member
Understood. However, if someone is obviously trying to manipulate you is it fair to manipulate them back?
Like feeding the trolls? I usually walk away. I must be in self defence situation (not able to walk away) or really annoyed.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Like feeding the trolls? I usually walk away. I must be in self defence situation (not able to walk away) or really annoyed.

I don't see a problem if you are trying to raise someone's tone level.

If you are trying to lower it however. I have and regretted it. Someone was really annoying me they were very manipulative of everyone around them so I thought it was justified.

The results were pretty heartbreaking, even if I thought it could be justified. They were unhappy, miserable, despondent. They didn't even know why. I did.

No one deserves to be manipulated like that. It's better for yourself just to be aware of what's going on IMO, so you don't find yourself a victim of it.