1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured Positive Effects On Mental Health?

Discussion in 'Interfaith Discussion' started by LiveByFaithNotSight, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Riders

Riders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,051
    Religion:
    Unitarian Universalism,Pagan,Zen

Although I am not a member of any specific earth based group I honor the God and Godess and claim earth base spirituality. I use to go to a Pagan based UU church.

Pagans do believe in the end times we believe Mother Nature is breaking down from our environmental disaster we have caused as humans. The end times is when Mother nature has decided we are to be destroyed and it Mother Nature starts the evolution over and destroys us.

Guess what . Its coming wait for 2030 and global warming will start destroying us.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Dave Watchman

Dave Watchman Active Member

Ratings:
    +228
    Religion:
    Waldensian
    Thanks Riders. That sounded like a good explanation. It sounds like the Pagans just see it as a plain old part of the process. A natural event. Death and renewal. Like the dinosaurs living for a time, then they meet with their destruction and are extinct.

Then new life springs up naturally, wears out it's welcome, and goes extinct. It's all just mother nature.

But there's no battle between the forces of good and evil.

It's interesting that you're able to pinpoint a date to it.

That's what i was looking for. Do other belief systems think we're at the end of the age. Some Christians frown on it. They think Jesus forbid it: " No man can know the day or the hour, not even the angels of heaven.

But i don't think He's talking about the second coming. I think He's talking about the start of the great tribulation. Because He goes on to say:

"For as in those days BEFORE the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.​

People are not going to know until things get real.

Some are saying that the first date mentioned in the Bible is when Noah entered into the ark seven days BEFORE the flood began. I think it was probably too long ago to trust the calendration. It's fun to use a word that the spellchecker can't recognize.

Genesis 7:1-16

Noah and His Family Enter the Ark

Noah and his family and all the animals enter the Ark seven days before it starts raining. This is the first DIS (Date in Scripture) date recorded in Scripture. This is the first time the exact month and day of the month can be calculated from the Biblical text. Noah and his family would remain on the Ark for 382 days. It starts raining seven days after Noah and his family entered the Ark. The rain starts: “in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month”.

Type of Dated Event: DIS
    BR Calendar Day Number: 14
    BR Years from Creation: 1657
    BR: Wednesday, October 30 — Heshvan 10, 2458 BC
    GH: Wednesday, March 19 — Adar 29, 2449 BC
    Julian Day Number: 827023.75

www.thesacredcalendar.com/noahs-ark/

[​IMG]

I ramble on.
    And though our health we drank a thousand times,
    It's time to ramble on.

3. viole

viole Ontological Naturalist
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,035
    Religion:
    Gnostic Atheism
    Could be, but I am not sure what your point is. From my experience, since I work with very international teams, this works equally well wit Allah, Shiva, the Great JuJu or whatever people happen to believe in their space temporal location.

So, I am not sure why you insist with the Bible and do not generalize to all beliefs. As rationality and evidence would suggest.

Ciao

- viole

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tomas Kindahl

Tomas Kindahl ... out on my Odyssé — again!

Ratings:
    +29
    Religion:
    Modernized Paleognostic
    Thank you for your sharing, I'm glad that you found your way. I'm going to share too, but it isn't that positive. It is truth however. It is in fact it is the opposite of positive: my fiancé died in my arms, and I got a PTSD. I got some support from my Church (I was once a Christian, and my fiancé was Christian when she died), but I was assigned a snake too, the parish assigned me a reknowned hate preacher as the officiating priest, but my private contacts removed him from the loop. This further increased the PTSD, and I cannot really deal with Christians just now, because I know what parts of the doctrine they will refer to when they explain that it was just the system, and the Church isn't really responsible, and I have no real right to complain, despite I was further traumatized by the Church. The life really sucks just now, I'm barely living, but there is no way back to a religion that I believe caused a lot of grief. I feel cleansed from dirt, but I also feel an oppressive solitude.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jumi

Jumi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5,459
    Religion:
    Secular theist (none)
    Sad to hear about your loss and sorrows.

Do you have friends or relatives around?

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. LiveByFaithNotSight

LiveByFaithNotSight The Art Of Conversing

Ratings:
    +67
    Religion:
    Christian One of Jehovah Witness
    I'm so sorry for your loss thank you for sharing bro. I can't wait for the day God Resurrects our love ones including your wife

John 5:28,29
    "28 Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice 29 and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, and those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment. "

and a future on paradise earth with Death Eliminateted

Revelation 21:3,4
    "3 With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Tomas Kindahl

Tomas Kindahl ... out on my Odyssé — again!

Ratings:
    +29
    Religion:
    Modernized Paleognostic
    A few relatives, yes. I think I'll have to write myself out of this loss.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jumi

Jumi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5,459
    Religion:
    Secular theist (none)
    Talking to relatives can be of help. Doing something new also. Though it can be painful at first.

• Friendly Friendly x 2