• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Positive body image

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Sadly, this is something I stopped pursuing a long time ago. There were a lot of reasons for that, many of them related to cultural norms and cultural pressures, but others more personal. These days I mostly just do not think about it, though it would certainly be good for my wellness on all levels to do something to address these sorts of issues.

I can't help but wonder what would have happened if I grew up today with so much more awareness regarding transsexuality, non-conformity, and all that. I might have actually had a vocabulary to properly express what I was feeling back then. And others might have actually had the vocabulary to understand and respond with something other than "shut up and deal with puberty; you can't change how you were born or control that so get over it." Instead I disassociated my identity from my corporeal self (becoming a massive nerd in the process, which ain't so bad), gave the finger to my culture which claimed I was supposed to be X when I was Z (because screw that), and am a staunch ally to all you non-conforming peeps who have way more courage than I ever have about these things. Be the awesome. And to hells with the folks who try to take you down a peg, because you're THE AWESOME.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Makes me wish I would have "photologged" things, but I didn't. But at least now, despite all the things that stand out and stick out to me, I don't run from cameras and at least look happy instead of looking like I'm going to slaughter a room full of people with my bare fists.

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
I see body as body, nothing more nothing less, just a vessel for the "I" to experience physical life.
I look at it as my vehicle rather than my vessel, but sometimes my vehicle need work. Like a car, right now my car has a beer gut and is overloaded. But yeah, I am aware of my vehicle and it's need and it's best to attend to those needs but the vehicle and the driver are in a way separate but at the same time the same.