• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Portrayal of angels etc. on fiction

I have a similar thread elsewhere:
What is the POV of Islam on portrayal of sacred things in fiction like TV for example,like in Digimon,there is angemon but it does not state that it is inspired by a particular angel (at least that is what i assumed?)Is it consider blasphemy if for example if the angel or some holy character get beaten?

Pastek

Sunni muslim
I have a similar thread elsewhere:
What is the POV of Islam on portrayal of sacred things in fiction like TV for example,like in Digimon,there is angemon but it does not state that it is inspired by a particular angel (at least that is what i assumed?)Is it consider blasphemy if for example if the angel or some holy character get beaten?

I think it's ok because we have this kind of animes on tv.
As it's pure fiction nobody really believe they are like that.

I mean is it disrespect or anything like that?or for examples in certain fictional works ,in the story God did something that as far as we know He does not,does that count as blasphemy?

Pastek

Sunni muslim
God it's different.

For exemple i remember that in Tunisia one or two years ago, there was Persepolis on tv and some people protested against because God was drawn. The channel was condamned to pay a fine.

Pastek

Sunni muslim
In Islam we don't represent God, never.

I'm talking about what i see in the arab countries, not what the scholars say.

What about films etc. that are inspired by some stories from any Abrahamic faiths? For example,what if there are a portrayal of Adam and Eve ,which they are not portraying them as the real ones, but based on what happened to them they make some stories with people known as Adam and Eve , and put their own spin to it?

Union

What about films etc. that are inspired by some stories from any Abrahamic faiths? For example,what if there are a portrayal of Adam and Eve ,which they are not portraying them as the real ones, but based on what happened to them they make some stories with people known as Adam and Eve , and put their own spin to it?

I don't see any problem with that unless they acted naked :D.

What about any fiction that involves religion especially Abrahamic ones,how do you decide whether it is permissible or not?For example if some fictional works have some items that is called divine sword or something,is it ok?I mean could it count as act of giving created beings God's names and attributes?

Last edited:

Pastek

Sunni muslim
In this arabic religious anime "Kalim Allah" which is about Moses, you can see at 09:30 there's two "lights", it's Moses and Aaron.
Moses doesn't speak but the narrator says things like "Moses said to the man that he ....." "and then Moses informed the people that they must ...".
There's no specific voice for Moses, probably the same for Aaron (i didn't watch everything).

[youtube]Ahp2GCwFAJI[/youtube]
Kaleem Allah EP24 BrekSat CoM - YouTube

Here an other religious anime "Quissas el insan", we can see Talut (King Saul) at 08:35
But Talut is not a prophet, so i guess it was ok for them to draw him :

[youtube]o2UuDT20dkQ[/youtube]
‫

Here it's still about Talut (Saul) and the men are saying to the prophet Samuel that Talut can't be king as he is not rich at 11:05
But you can't see the prophet and it's a narrator who says "their prophet told them that God chose him and (ect)..." :

[youtube]miKThM3TaTs[/youtube]
‫

I hope i answered your questions.
You can't see in a religious anime God, the angels, the prophets or some other people like Mary.

It may be different for the shia thought as they have series about the prophet Joseph or Jesus for exemple.
Those series are also seen in sunni tv even if some people think it's wrong ( sunni don't like to show the prophets).
So it's complicated.