• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pork prohibited not only for muslims

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
can this happen with lamb or cows,did we have any similar news which caused by other than pig's brain.

and why it was called mysterious illness by pigs.

Some people get occupational illnesses from other animals, but what your story immediately reminded me of was an illness that was also mysterious for a long time called "popcorn worker's lung":

CDC - Flavorings-Related Lung Disease - NIOSH Workplace Safety and Health Topic

As it turns out, workers in plants that make butter-flavoured microwave popcorn would inhale the powder from the butter flavouring and it would make them sick.

Why didn't the Quran make microwave popcorn haraam?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Some people get occupational illnesses from other animals, but what your story immediately reminded me of was an illness that was also mysterious for a long time called "popcorn worker's lung":

As it turns out, workers in plants that make butter-flavoured microwave popcorn would inhale the powder from the butter flavouring and it would make them sick.

That was caused by chemicals and the cause was well known

"workers may be exposed to flavoring-related chemicals" as reported by NIOSH

What is the relation between flavouring chemicals and pork :shrug:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Not only muslims shouldn't eat pork.
Facts about pork

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]THE pig or swine is a very popular food item with most Christians. Yet Christians are unaware that the God they profess to believe in had condemned the eating of swine's flesh. The condemnation was based on some very sound biological principles. Here are some facts on pork that prove it to be a very unhealthy food to eat: [/FONT]

• [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]A pig is a real garbage gut. It will eat anything including urine, excrement, dirt, decaying animal flesh, maggots, or decaying vegetables. They will even eat the cancerous growths off other pigs or animals. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]The meat and fat of a pig absorbs toxins like a sponge. Their meat can be 30 times more toxic than beef or venison. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]When eating beef or venison, it takes 8 to 9 hours to digest the meat so what little toxins are in the meat are slowly put into our system and can be filtered by the liver. But when pork is eaten, it takes only 4 hours to digest the meat. We thus get a much higher level of toxins within a shorter time. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Unlike other mammals, a pig does not sweat or perspire. Perspiration is a means by which toxins are removed from the body. Since a pig does not sweat, the toxins remain within its body and in the meat. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Pigs and swine are so poisonous that you can hardly kill them with strychnine or other poisons. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Farmers will often pen up pigs within a rattlesnake nest because the pigs will eat the snakes, and if bitten they will not be harmed by the venom. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]When a pig is butchered, worms and insects take to its flesh sooner and faster than to other animal's flesh. In a few days the swine flesh is full of worms. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Swine and pigs have over a dozen parasites within them, such as tapeworms, flukes, worms, and trichinae. There is no safe temperature at which pork can be cooked to ensure that all these parasites, their cysts,and eggs will be killed. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Pig meat has twice as much fat as beef. A 3 oz T bone steak contains 8.5 grams of fat; a 3 oz pork chop contains 18 grams of fat. A 3 oz beef rib has 11.1 grams of fat; a 3 oz pork spare rib has 23.2 grams of fat. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Cows have a complex digestive system, having four stomachs. It thus takes over 24 hours to digest their vegetarian diet causing its food to be purified of toxins. In contrast, the swine's one stomach takes only about 4 hours to digest its foul diet, turning its toxic food into flesh. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]The swine carries about 30 diseases which can be easily passed to humans. This is why God commanded that we are not even to touch their carcase (Leviticus 11:8). [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]The trichinae worm of the swine is microscopically small, and once ingested can lodge itself in our intestines, muscles, spinal cord or the brain. This results in the disease trichinosis. The symptoms are sometimes lacking, but when present they are mistaken for other diseases, such as typhoid, arthritis, rheumatism, gastritis, MS, meningitis, gall bladder trouble, or acute alcoholism. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]The pig is so poisonous and filthy, that nature had to prepare him a sewer line or canal running down each leg with an outlet in the bottom of the foot. Out of this hole oozes pus and filth his body cannot pass into its system fast enough. Some of this pus gets into the meat of the pig. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]There are other reasons grounded in biological facts that could be listed to show why pigs and swine should not be eaten. But a true Christian should only need one reason why not to eat this type of food because God prohibited it. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]"And the swine, because it divides the hoof, yet does not chew the cud, it is unclean unto you: you shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcase." - Leviticus 11:7,8; Deuteronomy 14:8 [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Those who say Christ abolished the law condemning pork are motivated by their stomach not Scripture. The problems with pork are biological, and Christ never changed the laws of biology. [/FONT]
Reference : Pig & Pork Facts

[youtube]tDRKSZvUtWo[/youtube]
Why pork - pig - ham is forbidden ? - YouTube

This is nothing but misinformed propaganda from this site: ensignmessage.com at Website Informer. The Ensign Message-Official Journal of the Ensign Trust

This is what that site is devoted to:

The Ensign Message-Official Journal of the Ensign Trust
The Ensign Message, identifying the Anglo-Saxons, Celts and kindred peoples as the present day descendants of the Israel of the Old Testament.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
That was caused by chemicals and the cause was well known

"workers may be exposed to flavoring-related chemicals" as reported by NIOSH

What is the relation between flavouring chemicals and pork :shrug:

It's known now. It wasn't at first.

There is no relation between pork and popcorn, except that both can make the workers who handle each sick if they're not careful.

If this is enough for God to forbid pork, why wasn't it enough for God to forbid microwave popcorn?

... Besides neither corn nor microwave ovens being known to 7th century Arabs, of course. God would know, wouldn't he?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
May you please clarify what is the misinformed here,what mentioned was just facts.

Already tried to do that in my first post in this thread.

Want me to post it again so you can pretend you didn't see it again?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I already did, it was this.

And from that website ,One question remains

One of the lingering questions is: Were the brains of the pigs diseased ?

The swine had passed inspection by the U.S. Department of Agriculture Food Safety and Inspection Service, and the investigation had not identified any food-borne risk to the general population, the investigators said

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Already tried to do that in my first post in this thread.

Want me to post it again so you can pretend you didn't see it again?

Sorry that i missed it,

May i discuss each fact separately starting from the first fact

Doesn't really matter when you consider that, these days, the meat industry feeds almost all of their livestock the same slop (and what you describe above is a fair description for it).

My question here

Will you eat dogs if they are given good livestock,in china they do. :)

Pink Top Hat

possibly because in Arabia in those days there was no 'butter flavouring' and no micowaves

they lived in those days in Arabia on dates and camel milk and lamb and goat

there were no pigs in the desert of Arabia

Zoe Doidge

Basically a Goddess
One of the lingering questions is: Were the brains of the pigs diseased ?

It wouldn't need to be diseased to cause that. Inhaling any brain matter reasonably similar to our own would likely cause that kind of response. The fact is the same symptoms were coming from three different places. The odds of them all having the same disease present in their brains would be extremely low.

In addition a virus present in the brain would cause all manner of problems for the pig, it would certainly show symptoms (and likely die pretty quickly) if the virus was attacking nerve cells. Also if it was a disease the anti-bodies would target it like any other disease, instead of targeting the body's own nerve cells.

Zoe Doidge

Basically a Goddess
My question here

I wouldn't, but the reason for that is cultural rather than a concern about health issues (in actual fact it's one of the most healthy meats around). Dogs are used for labour, but mostly they're pets and considered part of the family.

I don't have a problem with other counties doing it, but I wouldn't want to see it happen in the UK.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Sorry that i missed it,

May i discuss each fact separately starting from the first fact

My question here

That's not the point: the point is that practically all livestock are fed the same diet these days. Your point that pig flesh is unclean because of what they eat is null.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
It's known now. It wasn't at first.

There is no relation between pork and popcorn, except that both can make the workers who handle each sick if they're not careful.

If this is enough for God to forbid pork, why wasn't it enough for God to forbid microwave popcorn?

... Besides neither corn nor microwave ovens being known to 7th century Arabs, of course. God would know, wouldn't he?

But the problem wasn't caused by popcorn but by the flavouring chemicals,
i don't know why you insist to say popcorn.

Harmonious

Every prophet has given their people new ideas and a better understanding about God. Moses brought monotheism to his people but the old Jewish teachings did not represent God's wishes but the Jewish leaders attempts at controlling his own people and keeping them in line with tradition and separate from the traditions of others.
According to YOUR belief system, perhaps.

However, there are those of us who follow those teachings who are very much of the mind those "old Jewish teachings" are very much representative of God's wishes, and that the Jewish leaders you speak about were only conveying the teachings of God's wishes.

Don't foist YOUR religious beliefs on anyone more than you appreciate being told what you can't eat, for primarily religious reasons.

Harmonious

Indeed, I haven't had one yet, but I did mention that I love a good dish of chocolate covered or fried crickets, which is the Locust's little cousin.

Ashkenazis generally avoid Locusts and crickets because they think only certain kinds are kosher which knowledge of such is lost,
To be fair, most Orthodox Jews avoid insects, including Sephardim.

I think Yemenite Jews still have the tradition of WHICH species of grasshoppers and/or locusts are Kosher.

Other Jews, not so much.

even though the text is quite clear that they are all kosher if they have the jumping legs, an example of reliance on Talmud over Tanakah.
:rolleyes:

So you've made it clear where YOU stand on Oral Law.

Harmonious

Jesus was a Jew.
Jesus did not bring a new religion to worship him.

No doubt Jesus did not eat pork. His worshippers do though.

Christians also used to pray 5 times a day. No doubt Jesus did the same thing the Muslims do now.
I would have said that Jesus prayed 3 time a day, like other Jews...

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
That's not the point: the point is that practically all livestock are fed the same diet these days. Your point that pig flesh is unclean because of what they eat is null.

you didn't get my point,in other words,
can you change the picture of pig as dirty and lazy animal by giving it a good food,
same thing similar with dogs,can you eat dogs,even though that you know it's meat is good and clean.talking about loathsome.