• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pork prohibited not only for muslims

Pink Top Hat

Christians believe God declared all foods clean in Acts

Acts:10
9 About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray. 10 He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. 11 He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. 12 It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles and birds. 13 Then a voice told him, “Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.”
14 “Surely not, Lord!” Peter replied. “I have never eaten anything impure or unclean.”
15 The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”
16 This happened three times, and immediately the sheet was taken back to heaven.

your problem with that quote is it does not mention what animals and if pigs were on that sheet or not

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I wonder if disease is better prevented from how the pigs are raised, what they are fed, and how they are processed. If certain standards are met, do the incidents of disease decrease significantly?

Oh, and as was pointed out earlier, many other animals consume feces either as a matter of course or from the filler feed in factory farming.

Super Universe

Defender of God
Jesus was a Jew.
Jesus did not bring a new religion to worship him.

No doubt Jesus did not eat pork. His worshippers do though.

Christians also used to pray 5 times a day. No doubt Jesus did the same thing the Muslims do now.

Jesus was a Jew, emphasis on the word "was". Then they killed Him.

He did not bring a new religion to worship Him? No He didn't, He gave us new ideas about His Father and new ideas about how to live.

No doubt Jesus did not eat pork? Along with shrimp, lobster, crab, moose, alligator, squirrel.

Some love the idea that an often angry and jealous God loves to place mysterious rules on humans in order to test our obedience. It's not the truth but you may believe what you wish.

Jesus was a Jew, emphasis on the word "was". Then they killed Him.

He did not bring a new religion to worship Him? No He didn't, He gave us new ideas about His Father and new ideas about how to live.

No doubt Jesus did not eat pork? Along with shrimp, lobster, crab, moose, alligator, squirrel.

Some love the idea that an often angry and jealous God loves to place mysterious rules on humans in order to test our obedience. It's not the truth but you may believe what you wish.
Or conversely what the holy books teach.:)

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Domestic animals are one of the most common source of infection for humans.
You don't like to eat pigs, fine.

Du you remember the out break of mad cow disease I wonder...
Bovine spongiform encephalopathy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That was just a temporary case,we can eat beef safely now and all restaurants are proud saying our Hamburgers are 100% beef,
and all of us know that pork is much cheaper than pork,one good useful thing we can have from pork is keeping the prices for beef to be stable
otherwise the prices may go up as mad as the mad cows if people avoid pork meat.

Pork is good nowadays,as they are fed with supervision,and people had eat
them long time ago and still eating them with no problems.

But please don't stop eating pork otherwise beef prices will go up.:)

Similar thing to cows,we eat them safely,that was just an exceptional cases

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
We know that pork is not very healthy, but pig brain proves harmful in a very unexpected way. 18 pork plant workers in Minnesota, 5 in Indiana and 1 in Nebraska have been detected so far with a mysterious neurological disease got while removing brains from slaughtered pigs, as signaled at the American Academy of Neurology meeting in Chicago. The condition appears to be totally new, provoking from inflammation of the spinal cord to mild weakness, fatigue, numbness and tingling in the arms and legs.

Reference : New Mysterious Nerve Disease Caused by Pigs - Softpedia

More pork plant workers getting mysterious illness

by Steve Karnowski, Associated Press
Read News

So we have a serious illness caused by pork's brains which should let us to think that
pork is not fit for humans IMO.

For me i do hate to eat pork not because of religion,but because i think i have more
better choices than pork,even if the price is higher,that depends on everyone's taste,
not exactly religion,but i think religion is just an adviser for our goodness.

i did say that pork was not prohibited for muslims only but as well as for jews,and what
i know that christianity is still a part of it as Jesus was to guide the jews again to the
straight path as a reminder,some did listen and other denied him.

So IMO it is still a sin to eat pork for jews,christians and muslims.

Zoe Doidge

Basically a Goddess
So we have a serious illness caused by pork's brains which should let us to think that
pork is not fit for humans IMO.

No. This should lead us to think that ejecting pig brains from their heads with compressed air is not fit for humans. And it has done so, the practice has been stopped and wasn't used much anyway.

Once again, inhaling brain matter is bad. There is nothing else of relevance to take away from this story.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
No. This should lead us to think that ejecting pig brains from their heads with compressed air is not fit for humans. And it has done so, the practice has been stopped and wasn't used much anyway.

Once again, inhaling brain matter is bad. There is nothing else of relevance to take away from this story.

can this happen with lamb or cows,did we have any similar news which caused by other than pig's brain.

and why it was called mysterious illness by pigs.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
can this happen with lamb or cows,did we have any similar news which caused by other than pig's brain.

The overwhelming bulk of your premises were blown out of the water in the first few responses and you're just going to keep preaching.

Why not just come right out and say "HA! I'm going to keep believing all this whether it's true or not and there's nothing anybody can do about it!"?

Zoe Doidge

Basically a Goddess

There was nothing wrong with the pigs. As I speculated before, the particles ejected by the compressed air got inhaled by the workers and triggered an immune response from the body. The immune response is what's actually responsible for their problems.

And yes, this could easily happen by inhaling micro particles from any animals brain. Doesn't matter in the slightest what the health status of the animal is.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
The overwhelming bulk of your premises were blown out of the water in the first few responses and you're just going to keep preaching.

Why not just come right out and say "HA! I'm going to keep believing all this whether it's true or not and there's nothing anybody can do about it!"?

No i am not preaching,just discussing the prohibition of pork for muslim and jews and
my opinion that christians also involved,where is the preaching here :shrug:

Zoe Doidge

Basically a Goddess
Just as a clarification as to what’s going on here, the micro particles get inhaled and the immune system of our bodies responds by creating anti-bodies to get rid of them.

Unfortunately the particles (being brain matter) are very similar to what exists throughout our bodies already (in the form of nerve cells), and the anti-bodies can’t discriminate between the two. So the anti-bodies end up attacking our own nervous system, the result being numbness, weakness, pain etc. It’s sort of like using napalm, you’ll probably take out the target but there’s going to be some collateral damage too. It’s basically an unfortunate result of evolution.

In theory as long as you don’t continue to be exposed and the anti-bodies don’t damage anything critical they should recover once the body has purged the inhaled matter.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
No i am not preaching,just discussing the prohibition of pork for muslim and jews and
my opinion that christians also involved,where is the preaching here :shrug:

You're posting points, having them challenged, and then ignoring those challenges as if they don't matter.

Sorry, but that's preaching.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Just as a clarification as to what’s going on here, the micro particles get inhaled and the immune system of our bodies responds by creating anti-bodies to get rid of them.

Unfortunately the particles (being brain matter) are very similar to what exists throughout our bodies already (in the form of nerve cells), and the anti-bodies can’t discriminate between the two. So the anti-bodies end up attacking our own nervous system, the result being numbness, weakness, pain etc. It’s sort of like using napalm, you’ll probably take out the target but there’s going to be some collateral damage too. It’s basically an unfortunate result of evolution.

In theory as long as you don’t continue to be exposed and the anti-bodies don’t damage anything critical they should recover once the body has purged the inhaled matter.

But still famous doctors were investigating the disease and what they have still guesses

((Dr. Lynfield hopes to find the cause. But she said: “I don’t know that we will have the definitive answer. I suspect we will be able to rule some things out, and will have a sense of whether it seems like it may be due to an autoimmune response. I think we’ll learn a lot, but it may take us a while. It’s a great detective story.” ))
Read More

Zoe Doidge

Basically a Goddess
But still famous doctors were investigating the disease and what they have still guesses

((Dr. Lynfield hopes to find the cause. But she said: “I don’t know that we will have the definitive answer. I suspect we will be able to rule some things out, and will have a sense of whether it seems like it may be due to an autoimmune response. I think we’ll learn a lot, but it may take us a while. It’s a great detective story.” ))
Read More

Yeah that was in 2008 dude, my source is an update for the situation posted in 2009.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Yeah that was in 2008 dude, my source is an update for the situation posted in 2009.

May you show us your reference that it was known and just was a normal disease and
that it need no more investigation to find out the real causes,thanks dude