• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pork prohibited not only for muslims

Zoe Doidge

Basically a Goddess
A pig is a real garbage gut. It will eat anything including urine, excrement, dirt, decaying animal flesh, maggots, or decaying vegetables. They will even eat the cancerous growths off other pigs or animals.

If we're going to have a problem with animals that eat faeces consider this. Pigs will avoid faeces if they're given enough regular food to eat, they'll only consume faeces if the faeces still contain lots of undigested material, or if they're starving. Rabbits on the other hand consume faeces in the form of soft pellets as a matter of course, often running the same material through their bodies several times.

The meat and fat of a pig absorbs toxins like a sponge. Their meat can be 30 times more toxic than beef or venison.

This is one of those statistics that is completely made up.

When eating beef or venison, it takes 8 to 9 hours to digest the meat so what little toxins are in the meat are slowly put into our system and can be filtered by the liver. But when pork is eaten, it takes only 4 hours to digest the meat. We thus get a much higher level of toxins within a shorter time.

Actually pork is more difficult to digest than most other meats, including beef and venison. Food that is easy to digest gets held in the stomach until food that is harder to digest has been processed. That’s why it takes longer overall to digest beef than it does pork.

Unlike other mammals, a pig does not sweat or perspire. Perspiration is a means by which toxins are removed from the body. Since a pig does not sweat, the toxins remain within its body and in the meat.

This is just made up. Pigs do sweat, just not as much as some animals. In any case sweating is primarily for temperature control, and is not effective as a means of detoxification (yeah, those sauna websites are lying). You’d be far better served simply excreting to accomplish that.

Incidentally, cows are much the same. They only sweat through their noses; they control their breathing to regulate their temperature.

Pigs and swine are so poisonous that you can hardly kill them with strychnine or other poisons.

Farmers will often pen up pigs within a rattlesnake nest because the pigs will eat the snakes, and if bitten they will not be harmed by the venom.

Pigs have a layer of fat beneath their skin which protects them from this kind of attack, at least short term. It’s nothing to do with being poisonous themselves. They’re plenty vulnerable to strychnine if it’s ingested, or injected below the fat layer.

When a pig is butchered, worms and insects take to its flesh sooner and faster than to other animal's flesh. In a few days the swine flesh is full of worms.

Swine and pigs have over a dozen parasites within them, such as tapeworms, flukes, worms, and trichinae. There is no safe temperature at which pork can be cooked to ensure that all these parasites, their cysts,and eggs will be killed. [/quote]

Depending on the exact type somewhere between an internal temperature of 65°C - 85°C is sufficient to eliminate all of these. The very fact that worms and insects are so attracted to pork should tell you something of its nutritional content.

Pig meat has twice as much fat as beef. A 3 oz T bone steak contains 8.5 grams of fat; a 3 oz pork chop contains 18 grams of fat. A 3 oz beef rib has 11.1 grams of fat; a 3 oz pork spare rib has 23.2 grams of fat.

It would certainly be foolish to eat too much of it, but that applies to water too. As with everything, moderation is the key.

Also these days pork tends to be processed to be much leaner, the original meat might contain 18 grams but once processed it’s likely to be half that. Course it depends on exactly what type you buy.

Cows have a complex digestive system, having four stomachs. It thus takes over 24 hours to digest their vegetarian diet causing its food to be purified of toxins. In contrast, the swine's one stomach takes only about 4 hours to digest its foul diet, turning its toxic food into flesh.

Um, that would just mean that the food remains in the body of cows longer!? If it passes through quickly there’s less chance for the body to extract stuff, and therefore less toxins are likely to be absorbed.

The swine carries about 30 diseases which can be easily passed to humans. This is why God commanded that we are not even to touch their carcase (Leviticus 11:8).

Yeah messing around with corpses is probably a bad idea.

The trichinae worm of the swine is microscopically small, and once ingested can lodge itself in our intestines, muscles, spinal cord or the brain. This results in the disease trichinosis. The symptoms are sometimes lacking, but when present they are mistaken for other diseases, such as typhoid, arthritis, rheumatism, gastritis, MS, meningitis, gall bladder trouble, or acute alcoholism.

This particular disease has been all but eliminated in the developed world today. The double figure cases the US gets per year is down to poor (or possibly non-existent) cooking.

The pig is so poisonous and filthy, that nature had to prepare him a sewer line or canal running down each leg with an outlet in the bottom of the foot. Out of this hole oozes pus and filth his body cannot pass into its system fast enough. Some of this pus gets into the meat of the pig.

This just goes to show that people will make up any old bollocks to support their beliefs. It should be immediately obvious that the last one here is pure propaganda.

Heathen Hammer

Nope, you're still wrong
I don't care a whit. I'm going to eat it.

Life causes death. Eat what you like. Once you die, no matter where you go then, you'll never have bacon again.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Pork cutlets and a pint of a nice amber ale. Kosher enough for a deity.
If Muslims want to pitch their religion, they are really doing it the wrong way :p
Start with offering us mid eastern BBQ, hummus, and baklawa. Now that would be a clever strategy. :yes:

Zoe Doidge

Basically a Goddess
We know that pork is not very healthy, but pig brain proves harmful in a very unexpected way. 18 pork plant workers in Minnesota, 5 in Indiana and 1 in Nebraska have been detected so far with a mysterious neurological disease got while removing brains from slaughtered pigs, as signaled at the American Academy of Neurology meeting in Chicago. The condition appears to be totally new, provoking from inflammation of the spinal cord to mild weakness, fatigue, numbness and tingling in the arms and legs.

Reference : New Mysterious Nerve Disease Caused by Pigs - Softpedia

What about it? They responded as they should, the practice has been suspended in the three places it was used in. Nobody died because of it and to be fair they should have known it was a bad idea to put people, compressed air and animal brains together. Since we’re quite similar to pigs it’s not out of the question that they could have inhaled something slightly different to what’s in our bodies, triggering an overly aggressive immune response.

Moral of the story, don't inhale brain matter. Inhaling brain matter is bad.

lunakilo

We know that pork is not very healthy, but pig brain proves harmful in a very unexpected way. 18 pork plant workers in Minnesota, 5 in Indiana and 1 in Nebraska have been detected so far with a mysterious neurological disease got while removing brains from slaughtered pigs, as signaled at the American Academy of Neurology meeting in Chicago. The condition appears to be totally new, provoking from inflammation of the spinal cord to mild weakness, fatigue, numbness and tingling in the arms and legs.

Reference : New Mysterious Nerve Disease Caused by Pigs - Softpedia
Domestic animals are one of the most common source of infection for humans.
You don't like to eat pigs, fine.

Du you remember the out break of mad cow disease I wonder...
Bovine spongiform encephalopathy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In humans, it is known as new variant Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease (vCJD or nvCJD), and by October 2009, it had killed 166 people in the United Kingdom, and 44 elsewhere

Or bird flu?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avian_influenza#Contraction.2Fspreading_of_avian_influenza

Last edited:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
What goes into a man's mouth does not make him 'unclean,' but what comes out of his mouth, that is what makes him 'unclean.'" - Matthew 15:11

Christians can eat whatever they want as long as it doesn't leads to the suffering of their brothers and sisters (Romans 14:15). By this logic, Christians shouldn't eat meat as the meat industry causes further starvation throughout the world.

Pork isn't less healthy than beef nowadays, though.

Didn't that quote have more to do with ashing of ones hands before eating instead of dealing with actual food?

The biblical Yeshua would have been an observant Jew and thus followed the law. I thought he said to follow the law and those teaching against following the law would not go to heaven... (paraphrasing here)....:)

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Personally I don eat it. Some of the cuts make me sick to my stomach. I can't eat Ham, Ribs or Bacon. I know..I know...for some of you these are the best parts. Another issue is I'm black and my people have some of the worst cases of heart disease, high cholesterol and high blood pressure as well as diabetes. For those reasons, heath wise, I tend to stay away from it.

With that said...I don't think pork should be off limits. I think it needs to be cooked thoroughly and not eaten in excess.

Super Universe

Defender of God
Lol page two of this thread.

Every prophet has given their people new ideas and a better understanding about God. Moses brought monotheism to his people but the old Jewish teachings did not represent God's wishes but the Jewish leaders attempts at controlling his own people and keeping them in line with tradition and separate from the traditions of others.

"It is not that which goeth into the mouth that defileth a man but that which cometh out of the mouth that defileth." To me, good words are good words whether they come from a child, Jesus, Paul, or whoever.

Jesus spoke in parable so often, partly because He did not with to openly and directly violate the ancient laws but also so each person could see for themselves a better way to live and believe. It's your choice. It's always been your choice.

Super Universe

Defender of God
Or perhaps he spoke in parables because he didn't say those words at all?

I think you missed the point where I said "It's your choice." It's your choice what to eat and what to believe.

If you're going to look for advice on how to live, don't use thousand year old books written by men who were afraid of comets.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Or perhaps he spoke in parables because he didn't say those words at all?

This thread is going on the assumption he existed and he said what he said in parables. With that said the "biblical" Yeshua was a Jew who observed the law and explicitly said that the law was to be followed and anyone teaching otherwise would not be welcome in the kingdom of heaven.

Super Universe

Defender of God
This thread is going on the assumption he existed and he said what he said in parables. With that said the "biblical" Yeshua was a Jew who observed the law and explicitly said that the law was to be followed and anyone teaching otherwise would not be welcome in the kingdom of heaven.

Then why did they kill Him?

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
Drinking excess amounts of water is also prohibited. Try looking for the understanding behind these laws. God didn't just command and expect you not to question. Question and look for answers, then you'll know what He's commanding from the root to the tip.

Shermana

Heretic

I can't explain how much I love when non-believers understand the truth about Yashua and "Christianity". It's almost as much as I hate when "Christians" believe in the historical lies and fallacies and antinomianist anti-Judaizing anti-Law BS. Please do all you can to make non-believers understand that the "believers" have it disgustingly, disturbingly, insultingly wrong to begin with, and may your words reach many.

Last edited: