• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pope makes eejits of the Church again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
from a spiritual point of them, i can see how their act would harm humanity as a whole in the long term.

Ok but that's the thing Spiritually it doesn't hurt humanity ether. Maybe in the eyes of you god and the god of Christians. But spiritually it has hurt humanity at all and has been around for a long time. Hell, you could all most say is as help humanity spiritually though out history....well until cretin religious came along.

danny vee

Now you are really confusing me, are you saying that the decision to get married is a temptation,? In Christianity this is obeying God command, marriage was instituted by God Himself, and God has promised us that if He is for us we will overcome every temptation to sin, getting married is not a sin, is it? You cannot sexually lust after a person of the same sex as you, that is sin and if you are tempted you can overcome it if you seek God’s help, sexually lusting after another man’s spouse is a temptation that if acted upon lead to sin, there are many kind of love; the love of a man for another is brotherly love, there are filial love also, what kind of love gays have? You are not promoting the love that God wants us to have for persons of the same sex. I don’t know if you are Christian or what kind of doctrines you follow, but I can tell you that scripture call these deviants Satan’s synagogues.
Heb 13:9 Do not be carried about with different and strange doctrines, for it is good for the heart to be established with grace, not with foods, in which those who have walked in them were not helped.
Mar 7:7 However, they worship Me in vain, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men."
1Jo 4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but try the spirits to see if they are of God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
The Lord was clear on this Mat 19:4 And He answered and said to them, Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning "made them male and female",
This is what marriage is, it purpose is:
Gen 1:28 And God blessed them. And God said to them, Be fruitful, and multiply and fill the earth, and subdue it. And have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the fowl of the heavens, and all animals that move upon the earth.
I don’t where you get confused, it is so clear. That the link that the Pope made to the creation to the beginning “Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning "made them male and female".

Ok. This is getting into way too big of an issue. First of all, why do people get married? Why do people naturally feel lust towards the opposite sex? Why has God created us with this natural feeling? It is so that we will as it is said "be fruitful and multiply." And besides, the formal marriage thing has been made way too important. Were Adam and Eve formally married by God? No. It is also said in Genesis, that the woman was created to help the man. So in times of Earthly trouble the woman is there to console the man. But before the woman, God put all the different animals in front of Adam. None of them were seen as a useful companion. God let the man himself choose what kind of a companion he would like. So if the man wants a man as his companion so be it! I don't think God minds, as long as the man still shows his love for God, and lives according to the will of God, and love. Of course I do not know what God thinks but based on Jesus' Greatest Commandment - love - I'd think that as long as you love God and your neighbour as yourself you are in turn, loved, forgiven, and saved.

Also, you seem to think that my teachings are of "the synagogue of satan". I'm just telling you what I think the most important thing in life is - love - and everything that comes with it. Acceptance, forgiveness and such. Try to see both sides of the argument.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
In term of *sins* which the OP talk about, and how it affect humanity, i hope they don't do what cause God anger, just like fornication and adultrey. It's not about descrimination against homosexuals. From a legal point of view, i don't have a problem with them having relations, but from a spiritual point of them, i can see how their act would harm humanity as a whole in the long term.
Really? How?

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Ok but that's the thing Spiritually it doesn't hurt humanity ether. Maybe in the eyes of you god and the god of Christians. But spiritually it has hurt humanity at all and has been around for a long time. Hell, you could all most say is as help humanity spiritually though out history....well until cretin religious came along.

Really? How?

The problem is that many people are mostly concerned with things which can affect the body for example directly, and they forget, or let's say, they are not aware of the things which can damage the soul and all creatures around us. The sins of the world can cause earth to have less food, less blessing, less health, less love, less peace, less safety, more disasters, etc.

By the way, Monotheism didn't come out of the blue. It was the origin since Adam and Eve till people changed.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
...but from a spiritual point of them, i can see how their act would harm humanity as a whole in the long term.

I guess we have to agree to disagree on this one, my friend. Oh, well. There never has been two people who see eye to eye on everything.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
By the way, Monotheism didn't come out of the blue. It was the origin since Adam and Eve till people changed.

And Polytheism didn't come out of the blue, it has been around since the dawn of man which is before Adam and Eve. What's your point?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
The problem is that many people are mostly concerned with things which can affect the body for example directly, and they forget, or let's say, they are not aware of the things which can damage the soul and all creatures around us.
I'm certainly not aware of a soul, and don't think there is any such thing.
The sins of the world can cause earth to have less food, less blessing, less health, less love, less peace, less safety, more disasters, etc.
Please explain how my love for V and our life together is decreasing the food, blessing, love, peace, etc. in the world.

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I'm certainly not aware of a soul, and don't think there is any such thing. Please excuse how my love for V and our life together is decreasing the food, blessing, love, peace, etc. in the world.

In fact it's homosexuality that actually causes flowers to wilt and milk to spoil. I knew it all along. The problem can be remedied by tossing pebbles at an obelisk, or by cutting ones forehead with a scimitar.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Still looking for an explanation of how my loving someone damages the world. If you don't know how, specifically, you might want to stop saying nasty things like that about other people.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm certainly not aware of a soul, and don't think there is any such thing. Please excuse how my love for V and our life together is decreasing the food, blessing, love, peace, etc. in the world.

You don't have to take it personally. It's something i believe might happen based on what i believe in, not something i have seen or observed. Though, i might do my own research about it one day when i have the time.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We are talking about two different things because you don't believe in what i believe in. And you probably even don't believe in the Quran or Bible and their stories. So i don't blame you if that's the case.

emiliano

Danny vee,
Ok. This is getting into way too big of an issue. First of all, why do people get married?
I already gave an answer to that, that was God’s will to crate them male and female and that they would be joint together as if they were one flesh.
Why do people naturally feel lust towards the opposite sex?
Why has God created us with this natural feeling?
To comply with the commandment of “multiply and subdue the creation” they needed to have humans offspring. The natural instinct is toward females of the species.
It is so that we will as it is said "be fruitful and multiply."
:yes:Correct, this can only happen in the coming together of a man and a woman, can two individuals of the same sex achieve this feast?
And besides, the formal marriage thing has been made way too important. Were Adam and Eve formally married by God? No.
:eek:You’re kidding me. Aren’t you?
It is also said in Genesis, that the woman was created to help the man. So in times of Earthly trouble the woman is there to console the man.
You are reading into scripture, what it does not say, the help that Eve was created to give Adam was that of procreation, none of the animals was suited for the job, and nor it was another man.
But before the woman, God put all the different animals in front of Adam. None of them were seen as a useful companion.
Adam could not multiply humanity by matting them. Could he?
God let the man himself choose what kind of a companion he would like. So if the man wants a man as his companion so be it!
As I said the male and female of the creation got nothing to do with companionship, it got to do with procreation.
I don't think God minds, as long as the man still shows his love for God, and lives according to the will of God, and love.
There you are in completed agreement with the pope, combating homosexuality is important because it threaten the creation, and since humanity (Adam) is the centrepiece of it, you work it out, it ain’t that hard. According to God commandment a man “Mar 10:7 For this cause a man shall leave his father and mother and shall cleave to his wife”
Of course I do not know what God thinks but based on Jesus' Greatest Commandment - love - I'd think that as long as you love God and your neighbour as yourself you are in turn, loved, forgiven, and saved.
Well this is not what the Lord Jesus taught, is it? “man shall leave his father and mother and shall cleave to his wife”

Also, you seem to think that my teachings are of "the synagogue of satan". I'm just telling you what I think the most important thing in life is - love - and everything that comes with it. Acceptance, forgiveness and such. Try to see both sides of the argument.
Well this isn’t what the Lord taught, even pagan love, atheist do that as well. Jesus is not the saviour of all the Toms, Dicks and Harries that ever lived, but of those that obey God.
Act 5:29 And Peter and the apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.
Rev 20:15 And if anyone was not found having been written in the Book of Life, he was cast into he Lake of Fire.
Rev 20:15 And if anyone was not found having been written in the Book of Life, he was cast into the Lake of Fire.
Is homosexuality a sin? Is preaching acceptance of known sin, preaching demon’s doctrines?
1Ti 4:1 But the Spirit expressly says that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits and teachings of demons,

emiliano

It's just because you said ...

But contraception helps prevent sexually transmitted deceases which in these promiscuous times would be helpful especially in the third world HIV shows no sign of letting up.

You hit the nail right on the head, there is a problem with promiscuity in modern time, now to my mind the best solution is continence/abstinence, we must preach virtues as the first line of defence, it need no money, monogamy also will go a long way in resolving the problem and the Church does a lot of preaching in that direction

emiliano

Or better yet, just practice only gay sex--best of both worlds.

Well nobody can beat the long life batteries, so there will be alway a place for these deviation, but this cannot be acceptable to a Christian Church. That’s only for those that use sex as a toy, women can get pleasure, but sexual relation have as it purpose, procreation and vibrators do not produce human babies, do they?

emiliano

But trying to repress ones own libido is ridicilous and unrealistic, not to mention unhealthy (why do you think so many catholic priests like to molest children?). Worthless, irrational superstitions will never serve as feasible solutions for real world issues. How much damage will the church selfishly bring upon the world (such as fueling the aids epidemic in Africa, for example) just to humor it's own goofy religious sentiments? The senile, deluded pope needs that silly hat slapped right off his head.

If giving in to your sexual desires can kill you, how rational is it not to develop self-control? How healthy it is to sexually interfere with another man? there are as many atheist, and people of other religions that molest children, so why do you present the case of celibacy in the Church as the problem?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
If giving in to your sexual desires can kill you, how rational is it not to develop self-control?

Best think before you speak. I never said people shouldn't have self control. Of course people should have self control. It's called responsibility and balance, and I can see why mentality stunted fundamentalists cannot see beyond one extreme or another. You're not very bright if you actually think impulsive and reckless promiscuity and repressive abstinence are the only two possibilities. Again, it something called responsibility. You can have sex with partners you know and trust using contraceptives.

How healthy it is to sexually interfere with another man?

What the hell does that even mean?

there are as many atheist, and people of other religions that molest children, so why do you present the case of celibacy in the Church as the problem?

Because that's practically all they do. It's their specialty, and serves as an example why a repressed libido is dangerous. How many more children does the church plan on hurting? Is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.