• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pope invites the world to keep the Jewish Shabbat

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
You gave me them for safekeeping, but

Well I don't know why you thought that was a good idea.
:( I shoulda known as my mother warned me not to ever trust unicorns.

BTW, when you stick your head up your butt, I'd think that would really hurt, right? :shrug:

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
:( I shoulda known as my mother warned me not to ever trust unicorns.

BTW, when you stick your head up your butt, I'd think that would really hurt, right? :shrug:
Uhhh it depends what you're into.

Terry Sampson

According to Judaism non-Jews cannot observe Shabbat,
So, ... are there .... like ... Shabbat police who go around harassing non-Jews for trying to observe Shabbat? 'Cause if there are, I know some Christian sabbatarians I'd like to report. :D

Terry Sampson

Thing is, I'm pretty sure they can't really do it on Shabbat (were they actually around, that is).
POlXATR.jpg
LOL! But of course, ... silly me.

metis

Not likely. A bear may still **** in the woods, but this Pope just ain't as Catholic as others have been, IMO.
He's a Jesuit, and they tend to be more on the liberal side than many other Catholic leaders have been, especially those of decades and centuries past. The irony with Pope Francis is that he came from both a political and religious family that was quite conservative, but his work with the poor in Buenos Aries and elsewhere changed all that.

To put it another way, he's reverted to what the Church used to be in the first couple of centuries and should have stayed as. Fortunately, at the parish level itself historically, parishes often stayed loyal to Jesus' creation of a compassionate and a morally responsible institution. And I believe this is also true of many other Christian denominations and those in many other faiths as well. The Muslim community here in the Detroit area has really been doing a wonderful job helping those in need, for example, as well as the Jewish community.

Terry Sampson

The Muslim community here in the Detroit area has really been doing a wonderful job helping those in need, for example, as well as the Jewish community.
Point of order, ... Muslims are helping the needy AND Jews? Or Muslims and Jews are helping the needy?

metis

Point of order, ... Muslims are helping the needy AND Jews? Or Muslims and Jews are helping the needy?
The latter. There is quite a bit of cooperation between the three faiths here in this area, as all three faiths have strongly supported numerous charities here-- thank God/Allah/Eloheim!