• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pope Francis condemns exploitative bosses as 'bloodsuckers' who make workers 'slaves'

C-Faith

I taught it to adults for 14 years, not including teaching a comparative religions course for two additional years. You obviously do not know the scriptures anywhere as much as you think you do, so instead of trying to play the we/they card, why not just stick to the subject and show through both the scriptures and historical accounts where I supposedly am wrong. Until you can do that, all you are doing is blowing smoke. But first, let me recommend that you do some serious studying. Let me give you an example.

Before coming on to various message boards over the last several decades, my understanding of Hebrew was somewhere between nil and nada. No, after all these years on the boards here, I am still horribly terrible with Hebrew. But where the difference lies is that I know who and where to turn to in order to get help. There's about a half-dozen folks here who can really help me, plus they have shown me where I can better look things up.

There are also Jehovah's Witnesses who have taught longer than you, but that doesn't matter as long as the message is correct.

I'm sure the world can translate from one language to the other. The problem here is that people don't want to adher to the plain, simple truth of God's word.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
There are also Jehovah's Witnesses who have taught longer than you, but that doesn't matter as long as the message is correct.

I'm sure the world can translate from one language to the other. The problem here is that people don't want to adher to the plain, simple truth of God's word.
Again, you've slipped into idolatry, and I really don't have any use for that kind of discussion. Also, all you are now doing is just to try and demean me and doing as such in the name of supposedly having the "true message" that you supposedly possess.

I've seen enough.

C-Faith

Again, you've slipped into idolatry, and I really don't have any use for that kind of discussion. Also, all you are now doing is just to try and demean me and doing as such in the name of supposedly having the "true message" that you supposedly possess.

I've seen enough.

I don't believe in idolatry.

You try to use "14 years of experience" to boast, while I merely stated that people have taught longer and still they don't teach the truth.

You may have seen enough, but you need to grow more.

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
I've done my research on the Catholic church. Catholics are NOT Christians and they worship Mary - both unscriptural. In fact, Jesus said not to call any person "Father" here on Earth because only God is the Father of us all. To be clear, Jesus was talking about calling someone "Father" in the religious sense...........(Matthew 23: 9).
You have done no such thing, and it's plainly obvious because all you've demonstrated is a parroting of old ignorant accusations which are dispelled with even the most basic knowledge of Catholicism.

And a quick tip. When you quote the Bible don't put a space between the colon and the verse number, otherwise only the chapter will link. It's Matthew 23:9. And as for that verse reading it context will dispel your argument here. Jesus is making a hyperbolic point regarding the sanctimonious hypocrisy of the Pharisee leadership. It is not a blanket prohibition of anything, yet alone the forbidding of legitimate religious authority. It would be strange if Jesus did that because he gave such authority to the Apostles and their successors. Matthew 18:18.

Last edited: