• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pope Francis and LGBT people

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
God hates the sinner, you can tell when he ordered caught homosexuals doing their thing to be sent to death.

The words love one to another is interpreted as, if you love your friend who is homosexual, then teach him the right path so he will sin no more.

Love the homosexual as a neighbor doesn't men accepting his sexual orientation, you have take wrong the biblical quote.
Do you understand the genetics of what encourages homosexuality?

Do you understand the genetics of what encourages homosexuality?
Look.

Parents who are drug addicted have children with potential of becoming drug addicted as well. It is in their genes.

Then, because such drug addiction tendency is already in their genes, are you going to let them be drug addicted?

Won't you try to help them?

metis

Look.

Parents who are drug addicted have children with potential of becoming drug addicted as well. It is in their genes.

Then, because such drug addiction tendency is already in their genes, are you going to let them be drug addicted?

Won't you try to help them?
So, homosexuality is like drug addiction to you?

Maybe answer my previous question first without deflecting to another, and then answer my question above.

If God rejects those who sin, he's rejecting 99.999999% of the human race (assuming you believe in sin).
So?

Even his son said that from multitudes only a few will be selected or called.

God wants quality, not quantity.

He drives a Mercedes, not a Kia...

Your bias is showing.

It isn't so much "I recommend that you stop smoking" as it is "the only acceptable type of ice cream is butterscotch ripple, and if you have strawberry, I recommend that you be tortured forever."

And yes, the Church's position on homosexuality is hateful.

As long as homosexuals are out of the biblical religion, then they are fine.

I have no idea why homosexuals might want to become part of an assembly that won't accept them.

Let the homosexuals and lesbians be happy, but surely they are not part of the biblical God's kingdom.

Then, homosexuals shouldn't pay attention that churches rejected them, because churches are God's property, God doesn't even pay property taxes, right?

What is the fuss with homosexuals trying to overcome the religious status?

What those guys are so sick trying to attack the churches of God?

The best friend of this Pope is a known homosexual.

Right after a meeting between both, the Pope started to give some inclined support to homosexuals.

metis

You are talking about genes, right?
Of course.

So, here's my point: if God made all, including homosexuals, then why should we view homosexual activity as being a "sin"?

We should always remember that the scriptures in any religion reflect the mores and folkways of their region of origin going back thousands of years ago. Thus, they would have no clue about genetics and the subsequent phenotypes. I tend to think that PF likely understands this, thus is sorta encouraging a "new look" on this, but he has to be very cautious of pushing this too far as many bishops are clearly not fond of him.

Fallen Prophet

Of course.

So, here's my point: if God made all, including homosexuals, then why should we view homosexual activity as being a "sin"?

We should always remember that the scriptures in any religion reflect the mores and folkways of their region of origin going back thousands of years ago. Thus, they would have no clue about genetics and the subsequent phenotypes. I tend to think that PF likely understands this, thus is sorta encouraging a "new look" on this, but he has to be very cautious of pushing this too far as many bishops are clearly not fond of him.
Pope Francis has correctly stated that the inclination toward homosexual behavior - the same-sex attraction - is not sinful.

Just like how a person inclined to anger is not committing sin by just being angry - but if he were to let his anger boil over and he hurt someone in response - then he would be committing sin.

Homosexual behavior is sinful behavior and should be avoided - just like any other sin.

If anyone has an inclination toward any particular sin - they should avoid anyone or any place where that sinful behavior is accepted and encouraged - and they should look to the Lord for strength and guidance.

The spirit of God can help us overcome the weaknesses of our flesh and God gave us these weaknesses so that we would remain humble and seek Him out.

We are a sum of our parts - not just automatons following the programming of our genes.

Fallen Prophet

And that's your opinion, which I don't share.
That's fine - but it is my opinion and the opinion of Pope Francis - both of which are supported by the Bible.

So - if you want to talk about Pope Francis and his opinion - which is based on the Bible - then you should be prepared to hear this stuff.

Don't come in here trying to manipulate people into thinking Pope Francis believes in or espouses things he never claimed to.
Nor do I believe in scriptural inerrancy.
You don't need to believe that the Bible or other books of scripture are inerrant to learn that homosexual behavior is sinful.
I gotta go for the rest of the day.
Have a good one.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
So?

Even his son said that from multitudes only a few will be selected or called.

God wants quality, not quantity.

He drives a Mercedes, not a Kia...

You list your religion as "none" but your post is from someone who has a certain view of the Bible's meaning?

So, was Jesus just joking when he said "Judge ye not..."?
You don't need to judge when you see a criminal killing people in the street and getting caught because his crime.

You know he will go to jail even before his case is in court. That is not judging, that is knowing what his destiny will be for what he did.

Same with homosexuals and lesbians, it is known that the God rejects them. No need to research about it, homosexuality is abomination for the God.

Ella S.

*temp banned*
You don't need to judge when you see a criminal killing people in the street and getting caught because his crime.

You know he will go to jail even before his case is in court. That is not judging, that is knowing what his destiny will be for what he did.

Same with homosexuals and lesbians, it is known that the God rejects them. No need to research about it, homosexuality is abomination for the God.

We don't even know if God exists, much less who he rejects.