• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pope Benedict "very sick," asks for prayers for him

pearl

Vatican City — Pope Francis said Wednesday that his predecessor, Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI, is "very sick" and he is praying for him and would like the faithful to as well. Benedict is 95. His health has been steadily deteriorating.

"I would like to ask all of you to pray a special prayer for Pope Emeritus Benedict," Francis said at the end of his general audience, speaking in Italian.

He called on people to "remember him, because he is very sick, asking the Lord to console and support him."

Vatican spokesperson Matteo Bruni told CBS News Wednesday, "In the last few hours, there has been an aggravation" in Benedict's condition "due to advancing age. The situation at the moment remains under control" and Benedict is being "followed constantly by the doctors."

Bruni added that Francis went to see Benedict at the end of his general audience.

Benedict, who in 2013 became the first pontiff to resign in six centuries, has withdrawn almost entirely from public view.

The last time he was seen in public was last month.

AA15J2BE.img

Pope Francis says former Pope Benedict "very sick," asks for prayers for him (msn.com)

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
I hope he doesn't suffer too much, as he is clearly suffering. I hope if he passes on it's quick and peaceful. Prayers for him.

Orbit

I'm a planet
95 years old--at least he had a long life. He's probably not long for this world. Best wishes to him for a speedy recovery in any case.