• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poor Rick Gates?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
So discussing with my son, who basically feel Trump is the greatest villain to ever walk the earth. I suspect I let him read too many comic books when he was a kid.

Anyway he tells me that Trump's going to be indicted any minute now. Of course I say I doubt it, not because I am a fan of Trump but having had seen the charges of the current president being a criminal being leveled against just about every president by the opposition party and nothing ever coming of it.

So any way he brings up the associate of Manafort flipping on Trump so it just a matter of time, Manafort will flip and the whole administration will come tumbling down. Not having followed it much I decide to look into to try and understand what is going on.

Turns out the only reason for the trouble he is currently in is purely because of his association with Trump.

No association with Trump, no Grand jury testimony, no charges of lying or failure to disclose lobby for a foreign national, which I admit, I don't greatly understand the later charge.

He decides to fight the initial charges. Then they add an additional 32 charges. Whether he is guilty of anything or not, just defending himself in court becomes a huge financial burden of his family, him being a father of four.

So he decides to plea bargain on two charges hoping that cooperation will get him off with no jail time and certainly save the financial resources of his family, right? I'd do the same guilty or not for the sake of my family.

Gee, politics can be a real nasty business if just being a political consultant for the "wrong" guy can end up threatening the livelihood of your family.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Gee, politics can be a real nasty business if just being a political consultant for the "wrong" guy can end up threatening the livelihood of your family.

If you dip your hands into a pig stye you get covered with pig s***. Lack of integrity at the top attracts those who lack strong integrity and we see the result unfolding. I have no idea how it will end and I don't think anyone else does.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Indicting a sitting president is serious business. It's going to have to be airtight and concrete if and when something like that ever happens.

Anyways I think the best approach is the wait-and-see mode because right now it all looks like smoke and mirrors.