• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poor Man's Smoker

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Continuing a holiday tradition of making friends and family smoked cheese as stocking stuffers. All hard and firm cheeses so they're shelf stable. Everything from Cheddar to Gouda to Provolone to Monterey Jack.

All smoked in a cardboard box!

It's a fun activity, and costs very little. :)
IMG_20201212_154600-01.jpeg

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
My first dumpling steamer was the lid off an old hamster cage and a tea towel...

Gotta do what you gotta do.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
My first dumpling steamer was the lid off an old hamster cage and a tea towel...

Gotta do what you gotta do.
I learned how to do this fishing. We would catch, clean, fillet, season and throw on the resting rack in the cardboard box. So the prospect of spending hundreds or thousands on a smoke box and I'm like '...but I can do it in a cardboard box for a dollar.'

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
Continuing a holiday tradition of making friends and family smoked cheese as stocking stuffers. All hard and firm cheeses so they're shelf stable. Everything from Cheddar to Gouda to Provolone to Monterey Jack.

All smoked in a cardboard box!

It's a fun activity, and costs very little. :)
View attachment 46070
Have you tried different woods?

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Wow, I thought of a err “different kind” of smoker when I read the op
Bit disappointed if I’m honest ;):p

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I love Good Eats. :) A couple dvd box sets were a wedding gift for my husband and I. I saw his plant pot smoker but not the box one. Awesome!
I like using the cardboard box with the sawdust....
Though you have to pay more attention when using sawdust, it runs out on you a lot quicker.