• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poor Lisa ...

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
From Politico: Trump vows to campaign against Murkowski after she backs Mattis ...

Murkowski, whose next race is in two years, drew Trump’s ire earlier Thursday when she concurred with former Defense Secretary Jim Mattis’ sharp critiques of the president over his response to the death of George Floyd, an unarmed African American man, at the hands of police in Minneapolis, and the subsequent nationwide protests sparked by the killing.

“I thought General Mattis’ words were true, and honest, and necessary, and overdue,” Murkowski told reporters after Mattis wrote that Trump was threatening the Constitution and trying to pit Americans against each other. When asked whether she could still support Trump, Murkowski said she was “struggling with it.”

Trump responded as he typically does: with a Twitter thread.

“Few people know where they’ll be in two years from now, but I do, in the Great State of Alaska (which I love) campaigning against Senator Lisa Murkowski,” Trump wrote, noting that Murkowski voted against the GOP efforts to repeal the Affordable Care Act and opposed Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court.

“Get any candidate ready, good or bad, I don’t care, I’m endorsing. If you have a pulse, I’m with you!” the president concluded.​

So, Lisa Murkowsi thinks that "General Mattis’ words were true, and honest, and necessary, and overdue". What words?

“We must reject and hold accountable those in office who would make a mockery of our Constitution.”

“Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead, he tries to divide us,” ... “We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children.”​

How can anyone who holds these words to be "true, and honest, and necessary, and overdue" find herself "still struggling with" continued support for this vile and dangerous man?

And what does she get for her near nonsensical timidity?

Poor Lisa ...

And, still, every crack lets some light shine in.

pearl

How can anyone who holds these words to be "true, and honest, and necessary, and overdue" find herself "still struggling with" continued support for this vile and dangerous man?

Similar to Collins, a lot of talk but no action except for the ACA but then they had the support of John McCain.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
From Politico: Trump vows to campaign against Murkowski after she backs Mattis ...

Murkowski, whose next race is in two years, drew Trump’s ire earlier Thursday when she concurred with former Defense Secretary Jim Mattis’ sharp critiques of the president over his response to the death of George Floyd, an unarmed African American man, at the hands of police in Minneapolis, and the subsequent nationwide protests sparked by the killing.

“I thought General Mattis’ words were true, and honest, and necessary, and overdue,” Murkowski told reporters after Mattis wrote that Trump was threatening the Constitution and trying to pit Americans against each other. When asked whether she could still support Trump, Murkowski said she was “struggling with it.”

Trump responded as he typically does: with a Twitter thread.

“Few people know where they’ll be in two years from now, but I do, in the Great State of Alaska (which I love) campaigning against Senator Lisa Murkowski,” Trump wrote, noting that Murkowski voted against the GOP efforts to repeal the Affordable Care Act and opposed Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court.

“Get any candidate ready, good or bad, I don’t care, I’m endorsing. If you have a pulse, I’m with you!” the president concluded.​

So, Lisa Murkowsi thinks that "General Mattis’ words were true, and honest, and necessary, and overdue". What words?

“We must reject and hold accountable those in office who would make a mockery of our Constitution.”

“Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead, he tries to divide us,” ... “We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children.”​

And what does she get for her near nonsensical timidity?

Poor Lisa ...

And, still, every crack lets some light shine in.
The trouble is that she almost always "caves" at the end.