• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poor Hallmark Channel Is Sent Spinning

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No doubt you'd rent space to a Communist child molester to sell heroin laced with fentanyl.
If their credit rating passed muster.
It's the libertarian Capitalist way.
Tom
Gays...commies...modern music fans....they all make God cry.
But if they pay the rent & cause no trouble, they're my customers.

Of course, you non-libertarians would refuse service
to anyone failing to be of an acceptable group, eh.

Earthtank

subconsciously put that in the plus column for that company. When they go to make a purchasing decision, all those messages they've seen add up to a choice

Sorry as i don't mean to jump in to the conversation you guys got going on but, you have anything to back this assertion? The only reason i ask is because i do not think it's true, and if i am wrong, I would like to see the data/evidence.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
It has nothing to do with that from how I see it.

It's just that the customer base is largely straight and is not going to pay attention to commercials and promotions targeting GLBT folks.
So if you see a fast food joint commercial featuring a black man eating and enjoying burger, do you think to yourself "Now that might have been appetizing had it been a white man eating that burger."?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Sorry as i don't mean to jump in to the conversation you guys got going on but, you have anything to back this assertion? The only reason i ask is because i do not think it's true, and if i am wrong, I would like to see the data/evidence.
Nothing scientific.
But I know a bit about advertising and up scale customers. I sell custom framing and art.
And I'm a really out gay man who finds gay people and culture tiresome. Most of my friends and relatives are straight married folks. I believe I know how they think better than most, because I view them as an outsider with a vested interest in understanding them. I'm not just looking to reinforce my personal biases, I need to know what's really going on.
Tom

sealchan

It just can't decide what it wants to be.

View attachment 35336

This reminds me of how an organization is like a person who listens to others. That person becomes a weathervane for the collective thoughts of others. When that weathervane begins to cross a line or even vacillates, then change is gonna come...yes it is.

Oh, but I guess if one thought that One-Million Moms represented that many people one should think again...

‘One Million Moms’ Behind Hallmark Lesbian Ad Backlash Is One Woman

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
The final result can still be criticized for being a fair sight worse than simply doing the right thing from the beginning.

Of course, and please feel free to do so. I prefer to search out opportunities to acknowledge positive change rather than disparage it, if only because "YOU STILL SUCK" is unlikely to encourage similar change on the part of others.