• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poor Deluded Bacon Addicts

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Vegebearian!
You can eat your "not dogs", Tofurkey, & kale smoothies.
I'll enjoy fried pig flesh.

BLAH....Tofurkey is as vile as bacon...and I don't do hot dogs or not dogs....the occasional dog maybe.... but that is as far as this bear goes

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
no-bacon.gif

No%20Anchovy's.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I had the pleasure of not reading most of the posts in this thread because, of course, it was all said and said properly in the OP.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Speaking of the Caesar salad....
The anchovy is "bacon of the sea",
while bacon is the "landchovy".

Do you know that most eateries don't put anchovies on Caesar salads?
It's true! There should be prison sentences.
I think my sinuses are still recovering and deshriveling from all the sodium they took in that one time I got a good whiff of anchovies as a kid (and puked because the smell really got to me).

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I think my sinuses are still recovering and deshriveling from all the sodium they took in that one time I got a good whiff of anchovies as a kid (and puked because the smell really got to me).
Reactions are either great or horrible, but never neutral, eh.
How do you feel about them now?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Try'm on pizza.
Then they're dried out, & the heavenly aroma is subtle.
Though I like peppers, I don't like them on pizza as though the pepper itself looses flavor, I find that the pizza overall absorbs the flavor, which I find a bit meh (oddly, though I love spicy food I don't care for a spicy pizza). I've also found it happens with onions, in which in that case I won't be eating any pizza.
As for anchovies, I'm not fond of puking, and since smell and taste are very closely related I won't be trying them anytime soon. Or ever.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Though I like peppers, I don't like them on pizza as though the pepper itself looses flavor, I find that the pizza overall absorbs the flavor, which I find a bit meh (oddly, though I love spicy food I don't care for a spicy pizza). I've also found it happens with onions, in which in that case I won't be eating any pizza.
As for anchovies, I'm not fond of puking, and since smell and taste are very closely related I won't be trying them anytime soon. Or ever.

You probably have eaten and enjoyed anchovies in other foods. I remember splitting a pizza with a friend that ordered half anchovy in college. All of the border pieces were tainted even though there were no anchovies on that part. I view them as a condiment, like mustard or even hot sauce. One would not want it as a main feature, but properly used they do add a superb flavor to foods.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You don't eat out?
Not very often (I'm very aware of the numerous questionable ingredients that are found in restaurant food - and often times I can make better and cheaper at home).
I also have a very sensitive tongue, and can single out even faint flavors that most cannot (which is why I never use onions because even just a faint hint of their flavor will ruin a dish to me, and they pretty much have to be the flavor deadened powders and low on the list of ingredients in things I buy that do have onion in them somewhere (more accurate to say they have "onion.").

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Not very often (I'm very aware of the numerous questionable ingredients that are found in restaurant food - and often times I can make better and cheaper at home).
I also have a very sensitive tongue, and can single out even faint flavors that most cannot (which is why I never use onions because even just a faint hint of their flavor will ruin a dish to me, and they pretty much have to be the flavor deadened powders and low on the list of ingredients in things I buy that do have onion in them somewhere (more accurate to say they have "onion.").
Life without onions, that sounds like hell:(

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Life without onions, that sounds like hell:(
Sounds like hell to you, but I wonder who in the hell decided to consider them food in the first place.
(due to taste, smell, or texture there are many different foods I don't eat, often times because they make me gag and it's a struggle to get them down to my stomach or the taste is at best less appetizing than licking the terminals on a 9v battery).

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
If one is to be addicted to something,
one cannot do better than bacon.
- It has no risk of contracting an STD.

This is only true if your bacon addiction is in the form of an EATING addiction. However, if it involves porking (see what I did there?) you might be wrong.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This is only true if your bacon addiction is in the form of an EATING addiction. However, if it involves porking (see what I did there?) you might be wrong.
To have sex with bacon hadn't occurred to me.
(I still have much to learn.)
But bacon is known to be free of STDs.
Thus it's a popular swimsuit material.
th