• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poor Deluded Bacon Addicts

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
images

Wu Wei

:p

I am NOT a fan of anchovies, but I think one mashed up to make a salad dressing is a lovely thing.

Impossible...can't happen..... never going to believe it.....even if true..... will never try it...or believe it

images

Wu Wei

You know, there is another site I post on and every now and then I get hit with "Try bacon, its good for you" posts... I take it as a joke and respond in kind....but man there are bacon eater there that get down right militant if you cast aspersions on their sacred bacon.....

But don't take this the wrong way...I still hate bacon and want it eradicated from the diet of humans....and bears...

Ellen Brown

I had lots of Bacon as I grew up. The real Bacon, not what we buy in stores, you know: cured, salted, preserved with unnatural chemical stuff.

Later in life I learned that it is forbidden, so I stopped. Who do I wish to please? God or my tummy? It is sometimes a struggle.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
:p

I am NOT a fan of anchovies, but I think one mashed up to make a salad dressing is a lovely thing.
They are wonderful when used more as a condiment than as a main ingredient. It is not a proper Caesar Salad without anchovies. And Spaghetti Putanesca would suffer greatly without them. A lot of Thai food uses a "fish sauce" again as a condiment and that sauce is usually made from anchovies. With a user name like @Wu Wei I don't see how some of his diet does not include anchovies. Of course I would not want a "quarter pounder" where the quarter pound was a quarter pound of mustard. But I will gladly use mustard on one of those sandwiches.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
They are wonderful when used more as a condiment than as a main ingredient. It is not a proper Caesar Salad without anchovies. And Spaghetti Putanesca would suffer greatly without them. A lot of Thai food uses a "fish sauce" again as a condiment and that sauce is usually made from anchovies. With a user name like @Wu Wei I don't see how some of his diet does not include anchovies. Of course I would not want a "quarter pounder" where the quarter pound was a quarter pound of mustard. But I will gladly use mustard on one of those sandwiches.
He's an Ameristanian bear, not asian.

Wu Wei

I don't do McDonalds, bacon, anchovies or beef....but fish is ok...as long is it is not anchovies

1408698655951_wps_44_EXCLUSIVE_KATMAI_NATIONAL.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Bears who dislike bacon aren't true bears.
They're an extremely rare species...the vegebearian.

Wu Wei

HEY!!!! I eat some meat....just not disgusting, filthy, vile greasy, salty, carcinogenic bacon..... but I will confess I have been and am once again considering being an almost vegebearian..... then I only eat meat that annoys me..... or when I'm hungry.....or when I feel like it....

and for the record, I don't eat that fake Canadian bacon stuff wither....

We Never Know

No Slack
With all the pesticides, dyes, preservatives, antibiotics, steroids, etc. Unless you grow it and pick it, raise it and butcher it, you're getting something bad.