• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poop

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I think one needs to remember that people's views were different back then, stopping and pooping where needed was not seen as wrong or even discourteous.

I am reminded of the hall of mirrors Versailles almost 2000 years later. A beautiful space to behold, an awesome and intimidating waiting room for the sun kings coutiers and diplomats for whom no facilities were provided so it became the biggest toilet in the world. People who needed to pee or poo would simply move to the side and do their stuff rather than lose position in the queue of hundreds for audience

exchemist

Veteran Member
Where did the wandering men (the followers of Jesus who left their homes) poop in those times and with what did they clean their rear end?
Plenty of space in the desert. The Arab tradition is water applied with the left hand, which is why only the right is used for eating. I don't know the tradition in Judaea but it may be similar.

The Crimson Universe

Plenty of space in the desert. The Arab tradition is water applied with the left hand, which is why only the right is used for eating. I don't know the tradition in Judaea but it may be similar.
Never knew the use of the left hand is an Arabic tradition. I thought only people in Pakistan, India and probably Nepal practices this. Thanks for the information.

The Crimson Universe

I am reminded of the hall of mirrors Versailles almost 2000 years later. A beautiful space to behold, an awesome and intimidating waiting room for the sun kings coutiers and diplomats for whom no facilities were provided so it became the biggest toilet in the world. People who needed to pee or poo would simply move to the side and do their stuff rather than lose position in the queue of hundreds for audience

Did they dig holes there? And when they were done did they cover it up with earth?

ChristineM

Premium Member

Which is why the right hand is amputated for theft in some sharia countries. Meaning not only can the offender not use that hand to steal he is also forced to eat with his left hand which us considered unclean... Double punishment

ChristineM

Premium Member
Did they dig holes there? And when they were done did they cover it up with earth?

The hall of mirrors is a grand hall in Versailles. The floor was (and still is solid marble) so no holes.

580e7837b9391923008b4582.jpeg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The first time I was in India, in 1974, I was told not to walk in a certain location because that was the pooping area.

When my wife was a Girl Scout leader many eons ago, the girls on a hike in the wilderness looked for a "friendly bush" when business needed to be done.

exchemist

Veteran Member
This was my first thought as well. Move a little sand out of the way to make a pit, bury it when you're done and who is ever going to accidentally stumble on your business and curse your name within miles and miles of desert?
And in an arid climate it soon dessicates and turns to dust anyway.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I think one needs to remember that people's views were different back then, stopping and pooping where needed was not seen as wrong or even discourteous.

TMI! TMI!!:eek::confused: