• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll: Why did you (or another) become infected with Covid-19?

As per thread title - how did it likely happen?

• I or another, assumed a contact was not infected.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I or another, did not use a mask where appropriate.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I or another may not have socially distanced properly.

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • I or another may not have washed hands as necessary.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It might have come from bought goods or similar.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure where it came from.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Not infected so far, seemingly.

Votes: 13 76.5%

• Total voters

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Not sure we will get anything from this, since we probably are not in a position to know for certain, but why not? :oops:

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
I gave up all social contacts except for work and buying groceries. Caught Corona anyway.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I voted twice

I or another may not have socially distanced properly

And

Not infected so far, seemingly

Yes, a contradiction but. My parents had a new years dinner for friends and seeming picked it up then. Both are mildly ill with it.

Then we have immediate family, hubby, kids and myself who haven't been infected yet, though we were both ill (hubby and i) a couple of weeks ago and tested negative... perhaps an effect of the flu jab a few days before.

Hubby and i are both scared of covid, we each have problem that we have been informed could make the virus serious and deadly to us so we are self isolating to the max, mask and copious hand wash whenever we go out. And hope the kids don't bring something home

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Not sure we will get anything from this, since we probably are not in a position to know for certain, but why not? :oops:
So far I did not get Corona. I live alone and NEVER get visitors, not even cats, rats, mice or mosquitoes;)

I do go out daily to do shopping. Since a few weeks the government made masks mandatory, so I wear a mask.

Since yesterday we have an outbreak of UK corona 3 km from where I live in a home with a few hundred old people.

So far, I stick to:
* social distancing
* washing hands when coming out of shop
* not touching face with unwashed hands when outside
* nobody enters my house but me.

Till now this was sufficient. But with the new UK corona I might up the game a bit, by:
* not going out for shopping anymore till I know if UK Corona is "spreading or not outside the home for the elderly".
* Improve my diet a bit more, so I am more protected IF I get it.

So, while I am not scared to get it, I do use my common sense to avoid getting it in many ways.

I am glad that I really enjoy living a life of a hermit. I lived this way before Corona, so not much has changed for me.
@stvdvRF

Last edited:

exchemist

Veteran Member
I don't know where I got it, but I suspect choir practice. Being retired, I don't work with others or use public transport much. I went down with it a week after our final rehearsal for Mozart's Requiem, in a choir of 100+, mostly parents from my son's school, so people mostly younger than me with a lot of social contacts. Frustratingly, the concert was cancelled on the morning of the day of the performance, just as we went into the first lockdown. And then I got it....

But it could also have been from doing the shopping. This was back in March, when masks were not widely available and not yet being recommended, and no sanitiser was available in supermarkets. I wonder about those touch screen self-checkouts and the trolley handles.

Now, I sanitise my hands as I go in and as I come out of the supermarket, and on entering my house (I have a dispenser on the hall table). And part of my getting dressed routine now involves putting my mask in the back pocket of my trousers, while I put my keys in the left side pocket. This is so that I can't accidentally leave the house without either.;)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Not sure. One of the residents here has COVID and I'm sworn to secrecy by my boss as to not start another panic. People can be very irrational these periods but majority of them are twice my age.

The resident may have already had an illness and maybe caught it by not social distancing or, like many illness, just a bad pick of the straw. They asked him to stay in the far end of the building. He's quarantined as far as I know but no one is forcing him to stay still.

Jedster

@Mock Turtle
I put
Not sure where it came from.

My daughter who was living in London, together with 2 of her 6 flatmates had the virus(mildly).
The others in the dwelling were not affected.

M y wife's cousins in Argentina, both recently recovered after 3 weeks which they described as very uncomfortable. They are both in their 80s and have been otherwise healthy.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I thought I might have had it a few weeks ago, but I keep testing negative for COVID. So I figure I must have had just an ordinary flu, but that was bad enough. Not sure where I caught it, though.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
I know quite a few people who have been infected. It's mostly due to the work environment, honestly.

The other day I was walking into a patients room and I was stopped by the nurse before I crossed the threshold. Apparently the patient was covid positive even though there were no isolation markers at the door. She forgot to put them up.

Thankfully I didn't get infected, but things like that happen... A lot.

rosends

Last March, there was no such thing as "socially distancing" or wearing masks. So when people in my workplace got it, I guess I got it.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I haven't been tested but I have not displayed any of the likely symptoms, and at my age I would have thought I would, so I can only assume I haven't had it. I try to do as little shopping as possible - maximum of once a week but often less - and get quite a lot delivered. The only visitors (in the house) have been to install a new aerial and two nurses when I banged my head. I have had several dental appointments, and where they seem to have been quite strict. I wear a mask as required on transport and in shops, and did so before it became obligatory. I also use hand sanitizer after shopping, being on transport, and after unpacking groceries. I could still be vulnerable even doing all this I suppose but one can only do so much without becoming totally paranoid. :oops: